Gomab's Top 100 Sophomores

CoachT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kunija....tell me more about Nigel Johnson...I have never heard of the kid, and would love to know more details about his game......

As far as Upper East Tn goes, I don't get up there very often. I rank those individuals based on seeing them during the summer, often at AAU tourneys...and also on the word and reports of my East Tn contacts...plus the word of College Coaches that have info on them....

That is how I have a kid like Matt Malone as a Top 10 Senior... I did not go to one Greeneville game last year, but I saw Matt as a soph in State tourney, a number of times last summer with the Tennessee Travelers, and then again in the summer with Greeneville at MTSU team camp....

Guest Critt1511

I think you also might have over looked a guy out of Ooltewah named Courtney White. He is about 6'4" and can play down low or shoot the ball from outside very well and accurately. He held one of the guys on your list named Wes Suiter (#45 on list) to 6 points in last years Freshman District Tournament while he put up 23 points on Suiter. And the Ooltewah Owls are goin to be a team to watch in the next couple of years Gomab. They are quick and are all juniors and 4 sophmores and are very talented. The Freshman group from last year finished Second in the Region. You need to take a look at Courtney the Owls.

[Edited by Critt1511 on 11-9-02 12:28A]

[Edited by Critt1511 on 11-9-02 12:29A]

Next year I believe that you'll add 3-5 sophmore players to your list, and all of them go to Hillsboro.

Daniel Wall/ 6'3/ 160/ WF & Post - should be in top 60

Robert Hudson/ 5'6/ 140/ PG - should be in top 80

Elmar Kuli-Zade/ 5'6/ 130/ PG- Honorable Mention

Domonique Martin/ 5'8/ 160/ SG- Honorable Mention

Mike Lafluer/ 6'2/ 150/ SF- Honorable Mention

These 5 players will be playing some varsity this year and are expected to be pretty good their Jr. and Sr. years. They are going to have their own AAU team next year, and they'll be pretty nice to watch.

Hillsboro went to Summertown this weekend to play Richland, Summertown, and Giles Co. Hillsboro came out 2-1 with a L to Giles Co. by 3. Tyler Smith was just too much, and had 4 or 5 dunks against a nice Hillsboro team. But, junior Walter Fisher did Giles Co. in for 17 pts. Hillsboro's Sophmores did a nice job against them with Mike Lafleur with 7 pts, Daniel Wall with 10 pts., and Domonique Martin with 5 pts.

Against Richland Hillsboro had a bad start, but came out on top winning by 14. Daniel Wall had 9 pts, Domonique Martin with 7 pts., and Mike Lafluer with 7 pts.

Against Summertown, Hillsboro played a nail biting game winning by 3 in Overtime. Daniel Wall with 7 pts, Domonique Martin with 6 pts.

Guest heavyt23

I think that charles williams from mccallie school deserves some recognition. Not only did he lead the 9th grade team last year, he also lead the 9th grade baseball team (coach Z. Wayne Reynolds Assistants: John Marcellis and Russ Norment) to the league championship ;)

Guest wolfpack11

Gordan from Glencliff is the real deal if he only had a coach that could coach he would be a force to reckoen with but since he doesn't he play with pure talent. I hope he keeps his grade if he does AAA basketball better watch out in a couple of years. The coach down there is not very good the player that he keeps I ask sometimes Why? I have a couple of boys playing on a church team for me that could easliy play for them also there some kids playing for him that couldn't even star on My church team when they played there