fballfan0032231

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebelron I agree with you that UT made a big mistake

by not offering Stewart. Having seen him play against

my team the last 2 years, I believe without a doubt that

he could solve a great deal of their running back woes.

If he were from California or gave himself an obnoxious

nickname like "The Future" then maybe he would have had

a better shot!

Carl was intrested in Tennessee, and Tennessee was interested in Carl. The problem lies in that UT wanted Carl to play Linebacker, and Carl wanted to play tailback. Auburn said they would let him play tailback. All things even Auburn seems like a good choice, Tho i do believe UT really is missing out on a good local talent. But then again what is new. How many do we have to lose to Big time programs before they realize there is great talent in the area. Seems like the great ones always have to leave. Maybe if we keep some of those local stars, we wouldn't be asking why they don't play with heart

No way Carl Stewart should have gone to UT. Why would he have he would have redshirted and then watch Gerald Riggs for 2 years and then have to fight with the best in the nation the next 2 years. He had no chance of playing tailback at UT. He's already played against Riggs once why not continue to in college. UT will also get the best RB in the nation the next 2 years anwyas and he would be the man and Carl Stwewart would have to be backup or 3rd string all 4 years at UT. Aurburn he will play and get better quicker.

Carl Stewart may be a fine HS running back, but he will neve make it in the big time at Auburn. The kid cannot take a hit, and if you disagree with me Rebel supporters, look at what happened to him in the Morristown West game. He gets hit by a DB, and he couldn't even walk off the field without stumbling all over the place. He's a good runner, but he can't make it where the hits will be hard and a plenty.