Returning Starters On Offense/Defense- 3/3

Offense- Pro Style

Defense- 3-4

any thoughts on this?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who does this is a very good writer, and really investigates his work. He talks to a lot of coaches I do think he grades teams on how other coaches speak of other teams, and returning players and on and on. But it’s like a pre season top 25 in college who knows. Will these teams have great off season work outs, will kids return to that school Etc, It makes for great debate but in the end it’s an educated guess.

I e-mailed him last year when he did not have East Ham in the top 10 he e-mailed me back and he told me not many other coaches talked about you and your coach did not say a whole lot about his chances. East Ham went 11-2 and was one of the top 4 teams in 4A last year. This year we are #9 in 5A. That scares the heck out of me, lot better schedule this year.

Oak Ridge went 10-2 last year losing to Maryville 39-25 in 6A. As we all know Maryville very well could have won it all with a call or two that went against them. We lost a lot off that team, but for us to not even be in the top 10 while moving down from 6A? But you put Dyer County, Hardin County on there and not us? No offense to those teams and their players and fans, but come on. Even East Hamilton. I know they are a good team, but they are moving up a class...We are moving down and still not in it..And even our name can't get us in there? lol Definitely a head scratching list.

Edited by SweetScience

I thought alot of u oak ridge folks said y'all were going to be down this year???

Either way it goes there is zero chance Dyer Co and Hardin Co are top 10 teams in 5A...

I don't think we are gonna be as down as some suspected. Gaddis has already gotten some very talented kids to come back out who didn't go out for the team last year.

Oak Ridge went 10-2 last year losing to Maryville 39-25 in 6A. As we all know Maryville very well could have won it all with a call or two that went against them. We lost a lot off that team, but for us to not even be in the top 10 while moving down from 6A? But you put Dyer County, Hardin County on there and not us? No offense to those teams and their players and fans, but come on. Even East Hamilton. I know they are a good team, but they are moving up a class...We are moving down and still not in it..And even our name can't get us in there? lol Definitely a head scratching list.

I here you..... Its just a educated guess, his main goal is to get folks talking abd guess what he has. I agree with you. Trust me no one from here had anything to do with this.

But I will tell you one thing with that record in 6A and moving down to 5A, there should be no excuses for not being ion the playoffs and making a depp run.

I here you..... Its just a educated guess, his main goal is to get folks talking abd guess what he has. I agree with you. Trust me no one from here had anything to do with this.

But I will tell you one thing with that record in 6A and moving down to 5A, there should be no excuses for not being ion the playoffs and making a depp run.

Well, to be fair we were a 5A team playing in 6A last year.

I say look out for Beech, Henry Co, Ridgeway, and Knox West. And I also wouldn't sleep on Oak Ridge. I know they lose a lot from last year, but Gaddis has been know to work magic before. And I think Columbia has proven itself enough to be a team to watch year in and year out. 5A seems a little more top heavy this year.

Beech- Really needs no explanation.

Henry Co- 14 starters back (15 or 16 if you include a couple of guys who started multiple games in place of injuries) including four offensive linemen, five of the defensive front 7, three DB's, and some excellent skill position guys on offense.

Ridgeway- 14 starters back. They lose Orlando Johnson (huge loss), but they still return a host of talented players. You can always count on them being one of the fastest and most talented teams out there. They seem like one of those programs that could break through any given year with the right group of players.

Knox West- Not as many starters returning, but a lot like Ridgeway in the respect I mentioned above.

Columbia and Oak Ridge are definitely teams to keep an eye on.