TSWA All-State Team

HoopMD

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that the TWSA Single A Girls All-State team is an ABSOLUTE JOKE without DOROTHY DUGGER from Hampton being on it. How can the "all knowing" writers put 3 other players from Region 1 on the team and leave her off. She was a 4 year starter who scored close to 2,000 points for the Lady Bulldogs. I am EXTREMELY disappointed and disgusted with this lack of knowledge by people. I guarantee you that if you let the coaches do this she would be a no-brainer. I apologize for the rant but a SERIOUS injustice has been done !

Dugger was robbed, so was Hensley from Jackson Co (who made the team last year) with better stats across the board this year. Reedy from Union City and Schaver and Cooper from Clarkrange were robbed. Just terrible.

Not saying y'all don't have a right to complain about certain players being left off the team but everyone can't make the team.

Anyone that actually watched Class A basketball this year would agree completely. Middle Tennessee and especially the Upper Cumberland area...WAY under represented. I'm not going to call out any girls by name, but the list just makes no sense.

They must not pay attention to the northest part of the state. None on the AA squad and Shy Copney from Science Hill makes it when she was 3rd team All-Conference, while 2 of her teammates (in addition to Tianna Tarter who rightfully made it) and Big 8 Player of the Year Ashlee Mitchell, who made it last year and who took her team to the substate do not.

Keep it "classy" Tiller. Your point could have been made without down playing a deserving Shy Copney. She did assist in getting her team past the substate, getting to the state tournament, getting to the quarter final game and getting to the state championship games two years in a row. So Yes she does deserve what award she received. Shy looks right at home on the MTSU floor and will do well there with her college career.

Deja Jones, who played at Friendship Christian, led all scorers in any classification in the mid-state...and she was left off the Class A All-State team. She is a Junior. 597 points for the seaon and averages 22.1 a game. Travesty... http://www.usatodayh...asketball/girls

Also...no Rachel Bell from Creekwood in Class AA? Probably the best player I saw this year in any classification. I saw LOTS of the All-Staters mentioned play. She was up for Miss Basketball as a Sophomore. She is a Junior this year. She is an amazing player. Rachel Bell had 638 points and averaged 20.6 ppg http://www.usatodayhss.com/nashville/leaders/basketball/girls

Edited by Brandon100

Deja Jones, who played at Friendship Christian, led all scorers in any classification in the mid-state...and she was left off the Class A All-State team. She is a Junior. 597 points for the seaon and averages 22.1 a game. Travesty... http://www.usatodayh...asketball/girls

Also...no Rachel Bell from Creekwood in Class AA? Probably the best player I saw this year in any classification. I saw LOTS of the All-Staters mentioned play. She was up for Miss Basketball as a Sophomore. She is a Junior this year. She is an amazing player. Rachel Bell had 638 points and averaged 20.6 ppg http://www.usatodayhss.com/nashville/leaders/basketball/girls

I'm going to have to agree with you Brandon. Class A team is just not the best 13 players from top to bottom. Not saying any names, but it is just not. Anyone that watched any amount of games would agree. Middle TN with only 3 players total, and only 1 from the Upper Cumberland. Just ridiculous.

The 6'6" girl from CAK Cheyenne Hooper did not make it either. Tallest player in the state. The toughest defensive player in the state with 188 blocks on the season. I think the biggest problem is that there are so many talanted players in this state that that they cant include everyone. If they did the team would have 30 or 40 players on it. Great players know who they are and the fans know who they are also. So if a kid from your team did not make it onto the list, let them know just how great of a player you think they are.

I saw quite a bit of basketball this year in all classifications... Rachel Bell not being all-state in AA is an absolute joke! D1's from all over the country are making the trip to the little town of Charlotte/Creek Wood HS. Rachel Bell was the second best player in the state this year behind Nina Davis from Memphis Central. Rachel Bell was also the best AA player in the state this year as well. For her not to even get all-state is a joke!

And while I'm talking about that area of the state, the guard from Page HS that is headed to Tenn. Tech is better than some of the guards listed on the all-state team. I understand you can't put all of the great players on there, but don't put just the great players on the list, put the elite players on the all-state list!

Edited by GCPioneer