Dickson Co Weightlifting Comp. MTJ-Portland

SWO

District 9AAA represented well at this weightlifting compitition! Mt Juliet 1st and Portland 2nd with DC placing 3rd. Bench King from Portland (two of the top three benchers from Portland. 1 of the top Cleans from Portland and one of the top three 40's.

Great job by the Host Dickson Co! Top notch job by thier staff and players.

District 9AAA represented well at this weightlifting compitition! Mt Juliet 1st and Portland 2nd with DC placing 3rd. Bench King from Portland (two of the top three benchers from Portland. 1 of the top Cleans from Portland and one of the top three 40's.

Great job by the Host Dickson Co! Top notch job by thier staff and players.

Way to go BEARS!

Who was in the meet? I heard Lewis was there, but haven't heard how anyone did.

i will not put the players's names but...

Lewis county did well in the speed portion of the event with an overall 2nd place finisher and they had two overall powerclean winners in the 220 and 240 division. with the 240 division winner claiming the best Clean of the day with a 290 pound clean.

the BEST bench was 340 from PHS

the BEST 40 was 4.6 from RHS (Riverside)

i believe 8 schools total.

MJ finished in the top 3 of each weight class in bench and power clean; and finished 1st and 2nd in a number of the weight classes. They also had a number of grand champions in the different weight classes ( had the highest point total in bench, power clean and forty time in that weight class.)

total points (i only have the top three teams)

MTJ: 9,270 *top 3 in all categories

PHS: 8,800 *top 3 in all but 3 categories

DCHS: 8,750

less than 500 points separated the top teams. i think Lewis Co was 4th followed by Cheatham, Riverside, Creekwood,..

correct me if i am wrong.

• 1 month later...

Howd Id miss this? LOL I have told everyone, the one biggest attribute that has been made in the weight room in Portland, is the assistant coach Bronson Bradley, he is also the single wing guru that runs the offense. He has an incredible work eithic with these boys and they actually WANT to work out now. At least mine does....when he can get back to it, lol. MJ has represented well also the last few years at these things, good job to them as well.