Franklin High School

wingman10

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH OK...so CJW should not be considered in that 25% of teachers leaving the county. Higher classification yes, sinking ship yes , closer to home? Has he moved? Professionally coaches also like to build programs and stay until they retire......but sometimes the leadership of the school and county turns sour. Bingo!

Edited by Hoganknows

I don't disagree that there are problems in the system, but Franklin's head coaching gig is not a lateral move just like Frasier's jump to Shelbyville wasn't. Rural AA district that hasn't sent anyone to state since the 80's versus a very competitive AAA district. I think this is a no brainer if just 1% of the faculty was leaving. Yeah. It's easier when there's a mass exodus and it's an easy commute. I can't remember when the leadership of the school system wasn't in turmoil. Jamie could have left the same time you did. I think it's a great move professionally for him and I told Jamie that and I have a kid in the wings that could have played for him in a couple years. Sure I'm angry with our school system because they can't seem to get their act together from one year to the next, but I'm happy for Jamie for this opportunity because I consider him a friend. No kids in the system yet. Great timing. Congratulations again!

Yeah. I was referring to the school system rather than the basketball team Zach and the 25%+ attrition rate. The boys will work hard no doubt like they always do. Franklin is a good job imo and I go back to when Columbia had Fred Jenkins and then Larry Marks and the awesome atmosphere at the Lions Den and the Rebels gym when those two teams met. Early to mid 80's. Columbia went to the AAA championship game once or twice in the 80's and then Franklin won it in 89 I believe. It's been a good program before all the other Williamson County schools came into play. Jenkins went on to be Tennessee's all time steals leader for awhile and Marks was Nolan Richardson's 6th man on his first national championship team at Arkansas. Franklin could go toe to toe with Columbia in those days.

Edited by ksgovols

Yeah. I was referring to the school system rather than the basketball team Zach and the 25%+ attrition rate. The boys will work hard no doubt like they always do. Franklin is a good job imo and I go back to when Columbia had Fred Jenkins and then Larry Marks and the awesome atmosphere at the Lions Den and the Rebels gym when those two teams met. Early to mid 80's. Columbia went to the AAA championship game once or twice in the 80's and then Franklin won it in 89 I believe. It's been a good program before all the other Williamson County schools came into play. Jenkins went on to be Tennessee's all time steals leader for awhile and Marks was Nolan Richardson's 6th man on his first national championship team at Arkansas. Franklin could go toe to toe with Columbia in those days.

That was when Coach Bills was at Franklin. I have lost track of what happen to him