South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

McCurry has too much sense than to go into a program with so many questions unanswered like at Sp.. Number 1.... No administrational leadership... NONE!! This has already been proven.. I love how you people think SP is the most attractive program for a premier coach... NEWS FLASH!..... It ain't.. I believe VG has gotten SP into a big mess! Potentially devastating mess!! Dada da dada

The Jasper High folks ought to know a mess when they see one. They have been in the middle of a mess every since K.C. and the Sunshine Band left.

I don't know what all the fuss is about Coach Ross. Evidently he was not the coach for the Pirates so now Coach Grider is on the hunt for another one. I trust him and the committee to bring in the best coach for the job. This bunch of boys could be molded into a good team that could compete for the 1A state championship.

Some may doubt the interest in the SP coaching job.....let them doubt. There is a much better chance of winning a state championship at SP than there is at most schools because of the talent that is here year in and year out. UncleDave has faith that the Pirates will be fine this year.

Committee or no committee, Grider will pick the coach just like last time. We all just hope he gets one that will stay.

The Jasper High folks ought to know a mess when they see one. They have been in the middle of a mess every since K.C. and the Sunshine Band left.

With the exception of 1 I would agree.. You're about to experience what lack of leadership at principal will do for your program.. Be careful of the crap you talk.. SP is on a downward spiral.. Lots of questions to be answered.. People balking on what to do!! It will be hard to overcome this!!

OP looks to me like you SP people got on some of them rose colored glasses y'all used to talk so much of.. Talkin bout turmoil.. SP has it.. Who is gonna be principal?? Lots of questions gotta be answered for the pirate faithful.. It's a big mess I tell ya.. JUMP OFF BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS!!! Lol jk. Good luck in your searches! I've said it all along... What goes around comes around... And it's coming!!!

Please elaborate. Do you think that SP is going to be horrible in athletics for years to come? I must be a little slow from my older age. The next two years should be Marion's best teams. The SP and Marion game in 2013 should be pretty close. The 2014 game should go to Marion. Maybe I'm just a dummy.

Please elaborate. Do you think that SP is going to be horrible in athletics for years to come? I must be a little slow from my older age. The next two years should be Marion's best teams. The SP and Marion game in 2013 should be pretty close. The 2014 game should go to Marion. Maybe I'm just a dummy.

SP will never be horrible in all sports.. I'm saying talent can only take a team so far! Gotta have leadership

McCurry has too much sense than to go into a program with so many questions unanswered like at Sp.. Number 1.... No administrational leadership... NONE!! This has already been proven.. I love how you people think SP is the most attractive program for a premier coach... NEWS FLASH!..... It ain't.. I believe VG has gotten SP into a big mess! Potentially devastating mess!! Dada da dada

LOPAO........................................................................................................................................................................................Hold on.....................................................................................................................................................................................................dad burnit Old Pirate spit out the dentures. Feller jest like always you Jasper fellers knows all about lack of leadership in administration! Jest how many has Jasper had in the last 5-6 years........and wasn't the most recent leader up there the 1st year on the job allowing his new coach to openly cheat and then gets in trouble with the TSSAA? Recon yahs administration is a shining light for all to follow hey !!!!! Hire a new coach 2-3 months later turn away from TSSAA rules violations and then publicly says you didn't know yous were doing anything.........wrong? What a heep of mess .......You fellers need to sit back and take notes like yous been doing for centuries and pay close attention. Recon we all knows how all that is a heep of trouble being you fellers ain't and obviously can't figure out studding.

Leastways SP has encountered a challenge with the new hire. Obviously coach Rick was not the right guy for the job and was thought to be a short timer like coach Mac. Now as far as administration, coach Vic & coach Danny are plenty capable of making decisions and running a tight ship. Are they going to make some mistakes, you bitcha but SP is in good hands until the new Warden is named.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Committee or no committee, Grider will pick the coach just like last time. We all just hope he gets one that will stay.

Old Pirate is wondering............is the commitee a smoke screen.........? Questions; 1. do they have anything more than an opportunity to listen to a heep of Snake Oil Salesman? 2. is the selection a cumiltive vote. 3. is the selection a one person decision?

4. shouldn't the local school board members be involved?

Obviously it is easier to fool an individual than a group of folkes...

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit feller, Old Pirate didn't know SP had all them Jasper fellers coaching the Pirates that Purple Grad spoke of. Recon a futeball coach coaching the Pirates like coach Dave did for years would jest add some fuel to the fire. Recon us fellers will jest wait and see how this mess shakes out.

Food for thought. Coach Mac really likes the Principal at Jasper. I don't think he would jump ship. Any coach or teacher will tell you having great leadership and support from your principal is priceless. On the flip side, Coach Mac has had some really good teams in the past but not many schools offer the speed advantage over a classification like South Pitt. Something Jasper may not have enough of. Coach Mac loves fast moving players and he is searching for that gold ball.

The school board has little to no part of the process. The ultimate decision is Vic's based on the selection committee.

I have no dog in this fight but whichever if it was Grider or the committee that picked Ross someone better do the research more this time. You guys have a good thing going down there. Make sure this is the exception not the rule. Those Marion Warriors up the road are salivating hoping they can get some of you guys talent over next several years. Tighten up and fix the leak on that ship. You guys surely have a few on board capable of commandeering that ship. If you don't know, now you know. How's that for some HotSauce?