South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

You are right Legit, but If that guy is really 25-26 years old and has been to 4 schools in 4 years? I don't know if I like the sound of that. It's only speculation at this point anyway.

you are right. I know nothing about this coach and it sounds like this would be a stepping stone situation. The age of a coach doesn't bother me either. As long as the kids come first and its not a look what I did kind of situation is OK. Edited by MrLegit

you are right. I know nothing about this coach and it sounds like this would be a stepping stone situation. The age of a coach doesn't bother me either. As long as the kids come first and its not a look what I did kind of situation is OK.

I understand that SP is 1A, but we don't need to become a "stepping stone" type job. Get someone that wants to be here and will stay here for awhile. Then be done with this heep of mess, as Roy would say.

I understand that SP is 1A, but we don't need to become a "stepping stone" type job. Get someone that wants to be here and will stay here for awhile. Then be done with this heep of mess, as Roy would say.

That's exactly the way I feel. I mean Alcoa Marysville and The Pirates and Trousdale these are the only teams that you think of when it comes to playoffs and championships. The next coach probably want even realize how good it is here until he gets here

Like I said a few pages ago....it's really difficult to get someone to stay a while these days. The "Grider era" lasted a long time because they were home grown. Unless we hire from within that's not likely to happen again.

Like I said a few pages ago....it's really difficult to get someone to stay a while these days. The "Grider era" lasted a long time because they were home grown. Unless we hire from within that's not likely to happen again.

another reason it may not happen again is if a coach has a bad season or two will we stand for it. Tennessee should have got rid of Dooley a lot sooner. How quick would we pull the trigger.

Your exactly right. I am not a fan of South Pitt or from South Pitt. However, I hate to see schools with great tradtions get taken over by traveling salesmen. Sometimes coaches who are down on their luck or couldn't hack it a big school find a way to worm into a small school to help bolster their resume to land a bigger job. Seen this happen in Lynchburg.

The big question is how much input does Coach Grider have? Will he take a coach from TN? Will this affect his legacy in South Pitt?

Edited by BURLEY

Yes SP doesn't need a traveling salesman coach. After this last debacle with the hiring and resignation of Slick Rick, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping it in the SP family and promoting from within or at least bringing in a SP alum. At least we would be getting a dedicated coach that wouldn't try to come and go like a flagellant in the wind.

Dad burnit if it ain't long lost kin Delmar....! Now Old Pirate seas yous been brewing that Mtn juice again. Them Grundy Jackets ain't got no stingers like them Trousdale Jackets. Recon ain't nury one a bit skeerd of you Mtn Jackets..

Dog gone yourn hide Old man Pirate. Peers to me yous been drinkin too much of that special orange cool aid that they use to hide in the back room at Horace's barby shop. Ain't nuttin in the Great Valley that gona be good nuff to compete wifth these here yeller jackets. Theys all been walkin round up here drankin them funny colored milk shakes and theys all got muscles on top of muscles. Just the other day them Bryant brothers had em all over at Thompson's farm for a work day. Theys hitched them boys up to plows just like a team of work mules and commenced to plowing up his pasture. By the time the sun went down theys done had purt neart sixteen acres a plowed under and ready for corn plantin. Don't recon non of them mountain waste water run off boys would even know what a turning plow was. Cousin maybel's old man said Vic had sold hisn sole to the devil and that's why he was able to win so many games. This new coach coming to McReynolds is good but I doubt if he's willing to sell his sole to win ball games. It weren't really matter to much if he does. It gona be a long time before youns could get as big and strong as these mountain boys. Recon theys a heep of whoopin coming down on the Great Valley this year. But like I always says. Come on in boys the water is fine.

Big, dumb, and slow just how we like them.

I'm a guessin that yourn idear of a joke. Har har. This ain't like them years past when we been run down by you waste water run off boys. Wes done got us some good coaches and theys figured out these secrete recipe milk shakes and these boys done got bigger and stronger and faster than theys ever been up here. Theys got two thangs that them McReynolds boys ain't got. One is theys got them milk shakes. And the other is theys got a coach. Youns wont have no coach until next year. Hes still under one of them thar contract thangs wifth his current school. Cant be breaking none of them contract thangs cause somebody might just have to call old Roy's friend that Childers man. These here yeller jackets are gona bring the pain down on the Great Valley. Ain't narry a doub. Come on in boys the water is fine.