South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

I know Rick personally. It ain't about money or Douglasville. The man was promised a position by March 1st. Guess what? It is March 24th. He was commited. Why in the world would he uproot his family to come from a solid position at a premier school making 1.5 times the money, completely mess up his retirement plan and now be jobless? It is not about Jasper or anything else other than he is looking out for his family and career. I wouldnt wait around for 5 more months on somebody's word that I would have a job. Don't think any of you would either. Hargis and Grider can paint that picture in his article to sound like its Rick's fault but I know the truth and many other's will too. And I'm a proud Pirate graduate.

1st, It is.....always about money.... SP folkes spoke highly of coach Rick from everything OP could gather. However Kiffen was spoke highly of by you Tennessee fans too before he jumped ship and went for the glitz and glamour of California.

2nd, Obviously he was never committed to SP, the community or the team or else he would not have resigned!

BIG QUESTIONS......for you since you claim to know him, "Where had he decided to live up here", "wasn't he still living in Calhoun"? Old Pirate thought it strange that no one ever indicated about where he was purchasing a house or trying to purchase a house.

Now as for the south Ga job, bet the house contact & talks had been going on for a while!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Five paid assistants and $30,000 for a new weight room? Dang !

Even Sissy Mountain cain't afford that.

#1 SP has been playing football a few more years. In fact, the first 80 years, SM was just a whizz stop on the way from Dunlap to Chattanooga.

#2 It would surprise you of how little tax money went into Beene Stadium.

Ok buddy... Reality will soon set in

Now since yous a Vols fan, Old Pirate bets you once loved Kiffin....LOPAO.......

But hey like all good faithful Tenn & Jasper fans , there is always next year or some other fairy tale dream season.

SP is the Alabama round these parts and Jasper is Tennessee, and as a War Eagle fan it sounds down right crazy to say that. Dad burnit, where is the thermometer, OP suddenly ain't feeling too good...............neither.

1st, It is.....always about money.... SP folkes spoke highly of coach Rick from everything OP could gather. However Kiffen was spoke highly of by you Tennessee fans too before he jumped ship and went for the glitz and glamour of California.

2nd, Obviously he was never committed to SP, the community or the team or else he would not have resigned!

BIG QUESTIONS......for you since you claim to know him, "Where had he decided to live up here", "wasn't he still living in Calhoun"? Old Pirate thought it strange that no one ever indicated about where he was purchasing a house or trying to purchase a house.

Now as for the south Ga job, bet the house contact & talks had been going on for a while!

Actually, this Tennessee alumnus said Kiffen was a Punk and couldn't figure out why they brought in a guy whose greatest accomplishments was getting fired in the middle of a losing season with the Oakland Raiders. However, this is a completely different situation.

Actually, this Tennessee alumnus said Kiffen was a Punk and couldn't figure out why they brought in a guy whose greatest accomplishments was getting fired in the middle of a losing season with the Oakland Raiders. However, this is a completely different situation.

Sounds to Old Pirate both could be described as "Snake Doctors"....by some folkes

Read the article and it is true no one knows exactly what went down but I would like to know if Ross texted our boys about his decision. I bet he didn't. That is the only thing that makes me angry. What happened between Ross, Vic, and Griffith is a moot point. Getting the boys hyped up and leaving like he did just sucks. So knowing him personally or whatever there is no excuse for that.Wish him luck cause we will be fine. Go Pirates