Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

Sweatervesters? So you backwoods, teethless, rednecks are scared to play against a bunch of sweatervesters? Pathetic! Only reason you are playing in football is because the TSSAA will not let you forfeit that game. To much $$$ to lose. Once again, you play the privates you want to, thinking you can win, and then act like cowards when Goodpasture is on the schedule? Makes no sense, we are not a CPA or an Ensworth.

Goodpasture is a AA "rated" private school that benefits from the rule Ronnie Carter put in. Carter is the coward here and the reason for all the trouble. If you put a multiplier in to level the playing field somewhat, then turnaround and say a private school cannot move up more than one classification at a time then its useless. Goodpasture openly recruits just like CPA, Ensworth and FC. Those are the teams they need to be playing not the small rural public schools. Yet some of you arrogant idiots from Madison want to get on here and try to belittle these same small public schools all the while you're running away from teams like CPA and Ensworth who would and do beat you every time they play you. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

Goodpasture is a AA "rated" private school that benefits from the rule Ronnie Carter put in. Carter is the coward here and the reason for all the trouble. If you put a multiplier in to level the playing field somewhat, then turnaround and say a private school cannot move up more than one classification at a time then its useless. Goodpasture openly recruits just like CPA, Ensworth and FC. Those are the teams they need to be playing not the small rural public schools. Yet some of you arrogant idiots from Madison want to get on here and try to belittle these same small public schools all the while you're running away from teams like CPA and Ensworth who would and do beat you every time they play you. :popcorneater:

Y'all might want to leave Ensworth out of your little tiff. For all of the "open recruiting" that you allege, let's keep in mind that they have a grand total on one (1) senior that will be playing Division 1 NCAA football from a class that was a three-time state champ in D2-AA. They also have a grand total of zero (0) senior boys that have signed to play college basketball at any level from a class that was also a three-time state champ in D2-AA (most of whom also played football). That speaks more for coaching and character than it does about "recruiting". As has been said on these boards ad nauseum: please contact the TSSAA with any actual evidence of "open recruiting".

Edited by RedRobin

They all (Alphabet schools) manage to find a way to pay tuition for the most gifted athletes...work study, bereavement, giving momma/daddy a job, etc.

All these schools have athletic participation rates way higher than publics...which means that athletes are attracted to your school through advertising, word of mouth, friends, relatives, etc...Bottom line is that all these schools usually get the best athletes in their counties, and sometimes other counties too.

They end up with a team full of all- stars in all sports. Carlton Flatt even spoke of how much advantage privates have over publics when he went to Eagleville...

If TSSAA doesn't do something in the near future i'm gonna have to phone my buddy Chuck Norris, and have him get a little personal with Bernie.

I know Bernie is on my side, but that stupid board that voted on it, don't even got no 1A or 2A representation on it!!!

Bernie is supposed to be the Judge, so he's gonna have to step up and make some changes or get out of the way.and let someone in who will.

They all (Alphabet schools) manage to find a way to pay tuition for the most gifted athletes...work study, bereavement, giving momma/daddy a job, etc.

All these schools have athletic participation rates way higher than publics...which means that athletes are attracted to your school through advertising, word of mouth, friends, relatives, etc...Bottom line is that all these schools usually get the best athletes in their counties, and sometimes other counties too.

They end up with a team full of all- stars in all sports. Carlton Flatt even spoke of how much advantage privates have over publics when he went to Eagleville...

If TSSAA doesn't do something in the near future i'm gonna have to phone my buddy Chuck Norris, and have him get a little personal with Bernie.

I know Bernie is on my side, but that stupid board that voted on it, don't even got no 1A or 2A representation on it!!!

Bernie is supposed to be the Judge, so he's gonna have to step up and make some changes or get out of the way.and let someone in who will.

Trousdale Co. finest! What do you think about public schools who recruit? I mean if your team was to make it far enough they would have to play teams from Memphis. In Memphis they pretty much transfer schools weekly and play for whomever they want. There are also several counties around Middle TN who let kids play out of zone if their parents work for the system.

Trousdale Co. finest! What do you think about public schools who recruit? I mean if your team was to make it far enough they would have to play teams from Memphis. In Memphis they pretty much transfer schools weekly and play for whomever they want. There are also several counties around Middle TN who let kids play out of zone if their parents work for the system.

open zone publics should all play in 5A-6A and AAA ...that would cut down on all the transferring amongst open zone schools. All Privates should play privates in playoffs. Those would be good steps toward equality.

Never happen with the current T$$AA board

Satterfield in the news this morning whining about doing what is best for our students? How is showing them how to be quitters doing what is right? The argument is that they can't compete with the private schools, well why even play then because you can't compete with the Memphis schools either? What will be funny is if they end up having to play Goodpasture in the District tournament, then what? Forfeit away the entire season because you are scared to play. Next year should be interesting to watch.

No dog in the fight here........but while you might not agree with Satterfield's decision, his reasoning is fair. It's a waste of time and money for them to play in the non-revenue sports. Satterfield is doing what's best in the interests of his school.

Just like Goodpasture did what was best for them........dropping to AA in football and A in every other sport, instead of going Division II.

No dog in the fight here........but while you might not agree with Satterfield's decision, his reasoning is fair. It's a waste of time and money for them to play in the non-revenue sports. Satterfield is doing what's best in the interests of his school.

Just like Goodpasture did what was best for them........dropping to AA in football and A in every other sport, instead of going Division II.

You can't make a straight drop from AA to DII can you? Forfeiting games is a coward move and sends a bad message to the students.

You can't make a straight drop from AA to DII can you? Forfeiting games is a coward move and sends a bad message to the students.

They could have gone to Division II immediately, and wouldn't have been playing against the likes of Ensworth unless they just wanted to play non-region.