Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

I called no one a coward and am no fan of Goodpasture - just cannot understand why Satterfield thinks he needs to make his political point using high school athletes as pawns. With respect to your comments on the "ratings" of high schools - that depends on what "ratings" to which you refer. I specifically referred to ACT/SAT scores and what I stated is fact.

It's not harming the kids to refuse to schedule someone...not a forfeit,just a refusal...I understand that when he's forced by circumstance to play them(football or tournaments in other sports),he will.You're trying to manipulate the numbers for you're argument about the test scores...the local public high school had a student with a perfect score(3600),that's one student...the rankings account for all students...I don't understand your rationale.Privates have the luxury of not admitting "undesirable students"...they should outperform every public with that advantage...but they don't,and that is also a fact.

It's not harming the kids to refuse to schedule someone...not a forfeit,just a refusal...I understand that when he's forced by circumstance to play them(football or tournaments in other sports),he will.You're trying to manipulate the numbers for you're argument about the test scores...the local public high school had a student with a perfect score(3600),that's one student...the rankings account for all students...I don't understand your rationale.Privates have the luxury of not admitting "undesirable students"...they should outperform every public with that advantage...but they don't,and that is also a fact.

I would respond, but I don't understand your point regarding the standardized test scores. You and I seem to have different information. Please feel free to cite your sources and I will be happy to respond. Here's hoping that the TC administration is not sending the wrong messages to its non-football athletes.

Explain why it was ok for Trousdale to play Friendship for the last 16 years when they could/should have been in Division 2 all that time? Explain the difference Slim. I will be waiting.

Where did you get that I thought it was ok for us to play uFCa. I never said it was ok...I wish they were all in D2...Our girls softball team beat uFCa for the first time in like 10 years last week...our Baseball team hasn't beaten them 2 times in the last 20 years. They could have left 16 years ago...would have been fine by me.

I'm just gonna have to be honest with you...i think it's those ugly uniforms ya'll got is why Clint don't want to play ya.

My uniforms are at a public school. I just cannot understand the hypocrisy of playing one private school but not another and saying it is because they are a private school. It makes it look like you are scared of Goodpasture but not Friendship instead of making it a public/private thing.

Brandon Gooch still around Hartsville?

My uniforms are at a public school. I just cannot understand the hypocrisy of playing one private school but not another and saying it is because they are a private school. It makes it look like you are scared of Goodpasture but not Friendship instead of making it a public/private thing.

Brandon Gooch still around Hartsville?

What school? And does your public school team play GP in Baseball,Softball, or Volleyball?

Gooch is in and out i think... i see him from time to time at the ballparks with his kids. He was on donut patrol for awhile...not sure if he still on it or not.

Edited by slimshady

We played them this year in basketball. We have played them in the past in volleyball.

Used to play softball with Gooch. He ran into an outfield fence one time to catch a ball and cut a line open across his chest. Stood there bleeding and laughing. Tough guy. Last I saw him he was as you say "on doughnut patrol" but was swole up muscle wise. Been a few years.

What do you think about Satterfield backing down on not playing GP in basketball yesterday? Seems the rest of the district would not follow his lead and voted to make them forfeit and be the bottom seed come tournament time. Not what he expected. Volleyball, baseball and softball could do the same thing. We will see.

We played them this year in basketball. We have played them in the past in volleyball.

Used to play softball with Gooch. He ran into an outfield fence one time to catch a ball and cut a line open across his chest. Stood there bleeding and laughing. Tough guy. Last I saw him he was as you say "on doughnut patrol" but was swole up muscle wise. Been a few years.

What do you think about Satterfield backing down on not playing GP in basketball yesterday? Seems the rest of the district would not follow his lead and voted to make them forfeit and be the bottom seed come tournament time. Not what he expected. Volleyball, baseball and softball could do the same thing. We will see.

Good... i hope GP thumps them so bad they cry. :roflol: Especially RBS...I knew Watertown would go against us..Best i remember their Principal got run off from down here when he was a basketball coach..I was hoping RBS and Gordonsville would get on board...guess they didn't have the balls to do it..Reality is that GP will DOMINATE Single A in every sport except Football...and they will be Top 5 in that every year.

We can't compete with a school that holds summer camps for recruiting...recruits the best kids at camp...then gives "work study" or "bereavement" and whatever else they do to get those kids tuitions paid...no team in our district or region can...few teams in AA could.. The only competition GP will have in Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball or Softball now that uFCa "got right" will be from either Boyd or Knox Grace(who should also "get right")...Mark it down. :thumb:

We'll be alright...as a matter of fact after looking at the TSSAA home schooling rules...i can see us possibly dropping down to 1A in Football...next go around...we would only have to home school around 50 non athletic kids to get there. :roflol:

We had a scrimmage tonight...against a private school none the less :roflolk:

We got a Alumni Football game at Layflat field at 7:00 p.m. This Saturday the 18th...good chance Gooch will be playing in it...should be a good game... i hear both teams are loaded...ought to be fun.

Good... i hope GP thumps them so bad they cry. :roflol: Especially RBS...I knew Watertown would go against us..Best i remember their Principal got run off from down here when he was a basketball coach..I was hoping RBS and Gordonsville would get on board...guess they didn't have the balls to do it..Reality is that GP will DOMINATE Single A in every sport except Football...and they will be Top 5 in that every year.

We can't compete with a school that holds summer camps for recruiting...recruits the best kids at camp...then gives "work study" or "bereavement" and whatever else they do to get those kids tuitions paid...no team in our district or region can...few teams in AA could.. The only competition GP will have in Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball or Softball now that uFCa "got right" will be from either Boyd or Knox Grace(who should also "get right")...Mark it down. :thumb:

We'll be alright...as a matter of fact after looking at the TSSAA home schooling rules...i can see us possibly dropping down to 1A in Football...next go around...we would only have to home school around 50 non athletic kids to get there.

We had a scrimmage tonight...against a private school none the less :roflolk:

We got a Alumni Football game at Layflat field at 7:00 p.m. This Saturday the 18th...good chance Gooch will be playing in it...should be a good game... i hear both teams are loaded...ought to be fun.

How can TSSAA allow a rule like this to exist? All GP has to do is move every 4 years and they are guaranteed to stay down in Class A. In 4 years they move back to Div II then 4 years later they come back to Div I and they're Class A again. This isn't the TSSAA board being ignorant its the Ronnie Carter rule in effect. GP will dominate in most every sport except Girls Basketball and Football and even in Football they will dominate every one around here except TC. I'm sure their girls basketball coach was about the only one that wasn't doing cartwheels when they found out they would be in our region. They have no shot at getting out of the region as long as Jackson County and Clarkrange are in it. How does a team in Madison Tn get put in District 8A anyways? Its a long ways from RBS to Madison. I smell a rat here.... :popcorneater: