Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

My only question is were are all the grandsons and grand daughters who decided they would turn David into Goliath on the football field. Or is it magic that enabled TC to become auch a football powerhouse from such a small town. If my math is right. If you can develop 35 top notch football players seemingly year in and year out. Surely someone would care enough to put that kind of devotion in to the softball program were you could develop at most 10 young ladies" from the same gene pool the football talent comes from"

It is starting to sound like its the sport thats not worthy of anyones dedication. It is obvious some of their community doesnt rally around them. And to an extent maybe not even Mr. Satterfield. Maybe its a title 9 thing.

My only question is were are all the grandsons and grand daughters who decided they would turn David into Goliath on the football field. Or is it magic that enabled TC to become auch a football powerhouse from such a small town. If my math is right. If you can develop 35 top notch football players seemingly year in and year out. Surely someone would care enough to put that kind of devotion in to the softball program were you could develop at most 10 young ladies" from the same gene pool the football talent comes from"

It is starting to sound like its the sport thats not worthy of anyones dedication. It is obvious some of their community doesnt rally around them. And to an extent maybe not even Mr. Satterfield. Maybe its a title 9 thing.

Well i think we do the best we have with what resources we got...i think our girls do pretty dang good against non- recruited competition...not like we are horrible...very seldom do they finish last in the district,... pretty sure we had winning records in most girl sports this season...

We can't compete with ya'll, everything ya'll got is bigger and better than us...most schools in AA couldn't compete with ya'll...how many championships ya'll got up there?

what was T$$AA thinking ?

I hope those board members that voted to not split publics and privates, rot on earth. :popcorneater:

Well i think we do the best we have with what resources we got...i think our girls do pretty dang good against non- recruited competition...not like we are horrible...very seldom do they finish last in the district,... pretty sure we had winning records in most girl sports this season...

We can't compete with ya'll, everything ya'll got is bigger and better than us...most schools in AA couldn't compete with ya'll...how many championships ya'll got up there?

what was T$$AA thinking ?

I hope those board members that voted to not split publics and privates, rot on earth. :popcorneater:

Well, not in basketball. And softball was pretty close to 500. The scores don't all seem to have been posted. But you probably only went 500 in the district, too. I know FC and Gordonsville beat you twice. Not sure about Watertown. I'm sure you beat RBS.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

Other than observing for a decade or two, I don't have a dog in this hunt either. But I must admit I find Mr. Satterfield's position a bit of a difference from past performance in other sports, specifically football where there is a long and distinguished history of coaching in his own family lineage.

There seems to be great distress among the TC fans about Goodpasture being in their district, that their teams (other than football) might be at a great disadvantage and, therefore, potentially suffer embarassing losses. If that is the case, consider the facts:

For the four season period of 2008-2011, the latest records I can access, TC averaged 9.25 wins in the regular season, winning those games by an average of 35.4 and including scores of: 77-0, 69-21, 60-0, 52-6, 55-8, 68-0, 50-0, 66-12, and 59-6. Twenty-one times in that run the Jackets have posted scores of 45 points or more.

It is only an observation, but it would appear that as long as TC can be the big fish in the little pond, pounding on schools around the Plateau, things are good and right. But when the pond expands, it's time to circle the cover or take our fins and go home.

As for being the smallest area in the state, I wonder if that really matters to the folks at Pickett County. Playing three times in the four year period TC won all three by a combined 241-0. And it has not yet been pointed out that Goodpasture, as a private institution, has a classification enrollment almost twice its' true enrollment thanks to the 1.8 multiplier.

Not that it falls within my personal set of beliefs, but one term comes to mind: Karma. Or the desperate attempt to avoid the perceived potential of facing it.

Other than observing for a decade or two, I don't have a dog in this hunt either. But I must admit I find Mr. Satterfield's position a bit of a difference from past performance in other sports, specifically football where there is a long and distinguished history of coaching in his own family lineage.

There seems to be great distress among the TC fans about Goodpasture being in their district, that their teams (other than football) might be at a great disadvantage and, therefore, potentially suffer embarassing losses. If that is the case, consider the facts:

For the four season period of 2008-2011, the latest records I can access, TC averaged 9.25 wins in the regular season, winning those games by an average of 35.4 and including scores of: 77-0, 69-21, 60-0, 52-6, 55-8, 68-0, 50-0, 66-12, and 59-6. Twenty-one times in that run the Jackets have posted scores of 45 points or more.

It is only an observation, but it would appear that as long as TC can be the big fish in the little pond, pounding on schools around the Plateau, things are good and right. But when the pond expands, it's time to circle the cover or take our fins and go home.

As for being the smallest area in the state, I wonder if that really matters to the folks at Pickett County. Playing three times in the four year period TC won all three by a combined 241-0. And it has not yet been pointed out that Goodpasture, as a private institution, has a classification enrollment almost twice its' true enrollment thanks to the 1.8 multiplier.

Not that it falls within my personal set of beliefs, but one term comes to mind: Karma. Or the desperate attempt to avoid the perceived potential of facing it.

First off everybody in the District beat Pickett that bad...2nd off the multiplier does not apply to GP and a couple other Single A private schools ...With that multiplier you are CLAIMING....Goopastor is bigger than 23 AA schools in enrollment...yet they get to drop down to A? Edited by slimshady

Scared of a team that got drilled by a public community high school 12-0. Guess you will not play Greenbrier now either. What is your next excuse going to be?

Greenbrier over 900 students...Over 400 girls to pick athletes from....we don't have 400 Students in our whole high school...

Idiot

Edited by slimshady

Its funny how you only respond to comments you think you can prove your point on Marshall. I would love to hear your response on how its "OK" to hand out lopsided blowouts year in and year out in football

but how it is so unfair that you may get one regularly in other sports. We are too small. We dont have the money. We dont have enough girls. Every girl athlete in Trousdale should be ashamed to even know you and your AD

Quit teaching them to be scared or look for excuses. If it was your football team youd be talkin bout the butt-whoppin yall were about to give out no matter how big the school was. Give your girls the same respect and if they arent good enough here is a novel idea.......coach them, teach them and support them.

Its funny how you only respond to comments you think you can prove your point on Marshall. I would love to hear your response on how its "OK" to hand out lopsided blowouts year in and year out in football

but how it is so unfair that you may get one regularly in other sports. We are too small. We dont have the money. We dont have enough girls. Every girl athlete in Trousdale should be ashamed to even know you and your AD

Quit teaching them to be scared or look for excuses. If it was your football team youd be talkin bout the butt-whoppin yall were about to give out no matter how big the school was. Give your girls the same respect and if they arent good enough here is a novel idea.......coach them, teach them and support them.

We good...we have been playing football forever, We have had a stable program for decades, like only 3 coaches in 50 years. And most importantly we have good studdin going on.

What you will notice over the history of TC Football are that the names are always the same...we don't have scouts that go to the little league parks and recruit the all-stars like you privates do... 98% of our kids have parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles living in TC...

The only reason we are playing you in Football is because it affects seeding...we could easily do without the $ from the 200 fans ya'll will bring down.

Hey Shady dont mean to burst your bubble but im from Cookeville. Just tired of tour excuses why you cant. Those studds im sure produce daughters as well. Its a dont want to not a we cant and you know it. 2 years ago a couple of guys from Livingston and Cookeville and decided they didnt want to have to leave town to get their daughters on a good summer team so they started one. First year they took a beating by some of the "bigger older teams"