2013-2014 AAA Top Teams

It is tough to come out alive in District 7AAA .  Not sure if any team in the state would have wanted to play Blackman 4 times last year like Riverdale did.

Just looking forward to some great basketball this season!

Agreed. Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland make for a incredibly tough district. From what I hear, Smyrna is supposed to be pretty good as well.............

Definitely sour grapes...

Found this post of grandadone's on another thread....he doesn't appear to care that kids transfer in District 1AAA and District 2AAA.....but he gets bent out of shape if kids transfer schools in District 7AAA and accuses them of "recruiting" and cheating.....  :popcorneater:

Actually, you don't know what you're talking about. That point guard that you're talking about went to Morristown West and transferred to Bradley. She didn't like the program and wanted to come back to West. Didn't happen. She ended up having to go to East. There was no transferring done other than her transferring to Bradley to begin with.

Brandon100, on 31 Oct 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:snapback.png

Definitely sour grapes...

Found this post of grandadone's on another thread....he doesn't appear to care that kids transfer in District 1AAA and District 2AAA.....but he gets bent out of shape if kids transfer schools in District 7AAA and accuses them of "recruiting" and cheating.....   :popcorneater:

SportsFanatic4 says: 

Actually, you don't know what you're talking about. That point guard that you're talking about went to Morristown West and transferred to Bradley. She didn't like the program and wanted to come back to West. Didn't happen. She ended up having to go to East. There was no transferring done other than her transferring to Bradley to begin with. 

Sounds to me I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.  Kid goes to 3 different high schools (I understand that there is only one transfer despite of this), and grandadone is not raising a ruckus on that thread like he is condemning kids in 7AAA on this thread for transfering schools.  Quite frankly...I don't care that the kid transferred as long as it was done right and by the books according to the TSSAA rules.  Grandadone has a double standard according to what district he likes regarding kids transferring.

Edited by Brandon100

If any school  has to import multiple players from other schools in order to win then all their wins are tainted. If any school in Region 1 or any other region does it, they are guilty as well.

I am seeing more and more examples of parents, coaches and school administrators trying to tilt the scales of fairness  in order to win in sports. 

If any school  has to import multiple players from other schools in order to win then all their wins are tainted. If any school in Region 1 or any other region does it, they are guilty as well.

I am seeing more and more examples of parents, coaches and school administrators trying to tilt the scales of fairness  in order to win in sports. 

Riverdale never imported ANY players.  The transferred players came to Riverdale by the books according to TSSAA guidelines.  No manipulation or promises...not even a promise of a spot on the team.  The transfers had to try out just like the rest of kids that tried out. 

TOTAL sour grapes.  :bored:

Edited by Brandon100

Riverdale never imported ANY players.  The transferred players came to Riverdale by the books according to TSSAA guidelines.  No manipulation or promises...not even a promise of a spot on the team.  The transfers had to try out just like the rest of kids that tried out. 

TOTAL sour grapes.  :bored: Your constant excuses for Riverdale's history of winning off the backs of transfers is getting old. Go enjoy your season and try to remember all the names of the players as they jump on and off the Riverdale merry-go-round.

TOTAL sour grapes.  :bored:

Grandadone said:

Your constant excuses for Riverdale's history of winning off the backs of transfers is getting old. Go enjoy your season and try to remember all the names of the players as they jump on and off the Riverdale merry-go-round.

Again grandadone....transfers happen all the time.  You are making way too much of it

Edited by Brandon100

Reading through all this, it seems to me that some are trying hard to defend Riverdale's reputation of getting transfers. People DON'T move all the time. Most families with kids stay put until kids graduate, unless they're military or something like that. It looks to me like grandadone has an opinion and one or two of ya are overly defensive about his opinion. I'm actually starting to wonder myself about Riverdale because of that.

Once a player transfer, they have to be legal, as in live in the school district, etc. to play by TSSAA rules. But how they came about transferring, well that can be a whole other story. The school itself can't recruit someone in, but other people can.

Using the logic of some people in this thread, I was recruited to Riverdale.  My ex-wife became terminally ill, I had to choose a place to live to be close to my family and hers, and I had to raise our 3 children alone, be close to work, close to their school, and be close to their mother, in a nursing home.

I am a Smyrna graduate, and Smyrna would have been closer to my office in Nashville.  But their mother and her family and mine lived in Murfreesboro.  I chose the school closest to her nursing home.  Riverdale.   My oldest son never played football in his life, growing up playing soccer.  He tried out for football at Riverdale his freshman year because a couple of his friends told him he should.   He went on to be the kicker on the 97 State Championship team.  Amazing how the coaching staff knew he could kick kickoffs 5 yards out of the back of the endzone before he ever attended school there or tried out for the team. 

People vote with their feet.  For a laundry list of reasons.

Edited by davidlimbaugh
  • Upvote 1

It was a notable thing you did for your family. It just seems a little weird and perhaps nefarious that Riverdale just happened to find 3 replacements for the three starters off last years state champion team , who just so happened to be all stars in their "home" schools before transferring to Riverdale. It is my sincere hope that all three of them did not have family members who required acute medical care close to Riverdale.

Reading through all this, it seems to me that some are trying hard to defend Riverdale's reputation of getting transfers. People DON'T move all the time. Most families with kids stay put until kids graduate, unless they're military or something like that. It looks to me like grandadone has an opinion and one or two of ya are overly defensive about his opinion. I'm actually starting to wonder myself about Riverdale because of that. Once a player transfer, they have to be legal, as in live in the school district, etc. to play by TSSAA rules. But how they came about transferring, well that can be a whole other story. The school itself can't recruit someone in, but other people can.

You are quite right Sportsfanatic. I did not start this topic nor was I the first to question the recruiting efforts of Riverdale on this thread. However, when I offered my opinion there were some who seemed perturbed beyond reason that anyone would find it unusual that the most successful high school basketball program in recent memory had 7 allstars just magically appear on their campus in the last three years, with three tranfering just this year. One would think that Riverdale, with two of its seniors already recruited by Division One colleges, would be able to compete with most schools in AAA especially those with barely half the student enrollment. I'm almost sure that all three met TSSAA requirements but also would guess that as this strategy expands to other schools (which apparently it has) the TSSAA will investigate more fully and perhaps institute rules that will lessen the ability of some schools who seem to have no problem with winning at any cost.

I have a hard time believing that many would come in a short amount of time before finding out if there was already a logjam at a position and if others were on the way playing point, for example. Not to mention what was rising from the normal feeder school/schools. That would take some conversations prior to the actual transferring.

Edited by Indian