Class A State Tournament

olerockyrebel

Big question for FC tomorrow is does Mcneal start Swindoll on 2 days rest or Godwin who is undefeated since 2011. Godwin pitched FC into the 2011 championship as a sophomore defeating a very strong & Sr laden Summertown team before reeling off back-to-back undefeated seasons his jr & sr.years. At this point Godwin has yet to pitch since the region championship last Wednesday vs TC. Nice to have options this deep into spring fling.

I don't post much on here but I will respond. Last year after the region semifinals I made the statement that Silverdale would be the 1A team to beat in the Chattanooga area this year and would make a deep run. With Goodpasture coming to 1A it will be theirs to win each year but a couple of teams from the Chatt area will hopefully make some more noise next year.

You are very correct!! SP will be very good as well!!

I don't post much on here but I will respond. Last year after the region semifinals I made the statement that Silverdale would be the 1A team to beat in the Chattanooga area this year and would make a deep run. With Goodpasture coming to 1A it will be theirs to win each year but a couple of teams from the Chatt area will hopefully make some more noise next year.

i watched Silverdale last year vs S Pitt in the region and knew they were going to be strong this season as well. S Pitt beat them with a great pitching performance by both teams starters in that game last yr. FC faced S Pitt last season and also Boyd (twice) and I thought Silverdale & S Pitt were clearly the best of Chattanooga last yr. however, Goodpasture's program is on a different level than any 1A team this yr & last in May. As for the coming yrs we'll see.

Ok guys, help me out here. Its off subject, but hopefully there are enough brains on here to help me understand this..

How on God's green earth is Goodpasture getting to play in A next year. Their enrolment number (with the 1.8 multiplier) is 603, which is a larger enrolment than 22 schools that will be forced to play AA. So can someone tell me how they are able to play in A when there are TWENTY-TWO schools that are technically smaller than them that have to play in a larger clissifacation?

Edited by crazzyness

Ok guys, help me out here. Its off subject, but hopefully there are enough brains on here to help me understand this..

How on God's green earth is Goodpasture getting to play in A next year. Their enrolment number (with the 1.8 multiplier) is 603, which is a larger enrolment than 22 schools that will be forced to play AA. So can someone tell me how they are able to play in A when there are TWENTY-TWO schools that are technically smaller than them that have to play in a larger clissifacation?

That is a great question. I know the rule for football and how it applies to the 6 classes, but I don't know how it effects baseball. In football, their enrollment without the multiplier would have them in single A. With the multiplier, it would put them in 3A. However, there is a rule that states that a team can not be moved up more than one class because of the multiplier, which is why they are playing 2A football next year. Again, don't know how it applies to baseball.

i watched Silverdale last year vs S Pitt in the region and knew they were going to be strong this season as well. S Pitt beat them with a great pitching performance by both teams starters in that game last yr. FC faced S Pitt last season and also Boyd (twice) and I thought Silverdale & S Pitt were clearly the best of Chattanooga last yr. however, Goodpasture's program is on a different level than any 1A team this yr & last in May. As for the coming yrs we'll see.

your knowledge of the game is outstanding, yep clearly Silverdale was better than Boyd last year thats why they lost 5 times to them....YES...that was 0-5 against Boyd....so that makes them clearly better.....you guys played us at the end of a 5 game tourney apperance where we started a kid who threw 6 innings his whole high school career and then at sub-state we started a freshman and you bash us....thats ok because that freshman is pretty good along with 3 other really good arms that will show everyone we will be a good team next year......and by the way I like how you like to hammer me because it makes me laugh to know I have more state championship rings than the entire Friendship Baseball Program...good luck on today's game maybe you will finally catch me:}

Edited by skydogg25

Technically they only have around 330 students. You know the real ones, not those imaginary ones the TSSAA makes us play with

your knowledge of the game is outstanding, yep clearly Silverdale was better than Boyd last year thats why they lost 5 times to them....YES...that was 0-5 against Boyd....so that makes them clearly better.....you guys played us at the end of a 5 game tourney apperance where we started a kid who threw 6 innings his whole high school career and then at sub-state we started a freshman and you bash us....thats ok because that freshman is pretty good along with 3 other really good arms that will show everyone we will be a good team next year......and by the way I like how you like to hammer me because it makes me laugh to know I have more state championship rings than the entire Friendship Baseball Program...good luck on today's game maybe you will finally catch me:}

thanks for acknowledging my baseball IQ. As for hammering you I'm not sure where that accusation came from. In regard to last yrs Boyd team I can only say this, they may have beaten Silverdale 5 times but in my honest opinion Silverdale & S Pitt were both better. In regard to your excuses for losing to FC - pathetic. FC played you at the end of the same tourney and was just as deep into their pitching. End result 17-1 FC in Chattanooga. Substate was at FC (10-0 FC win). Why you pitch a FR in that game is anyone's guess. Probably same "baseball" wisdom you used vs CSAS in your district this yr. As for your rings congrats, but I know you have 0 in the last 18 months while some current FC players will be playing for #4 in that same span today. Keep bashing FC on these boards & we'll keep returning the favor on the field.

thanks for acknowledging my baseball IQ. As for hammering you I'm not sure where that accusation came from. In regard to last yrs Boyd team I can only say this, they may have beaten Silverdale 5 times but in my honest opinion Silverdale & S Pitt were both better. In regard to your excuses for losing to FC - pathetic. FC played you at the end of the same tourney and was just as deep into their pitching. End result 17-1 FC in Chattanooga. Substate was at FC (10-0 FC win). Why you pitch a FR in that game is anyone's guess. Probably same "baseball" wisdom you used vs CSAS in your district this yr. As for your rings congrats, but I know you have 0 in the last 18 months while some current FC players will be playing for #4 in that same span today. Keep bashing FC on these boards & we'll keep returning the favor on the field.

Yep same baseball wisdom and hopefully it will pay off in building a program that can beat the better teams like FC because that has been a major stumbling block in the past, so we needed to change how we did things and have built a very good young squad that will be very competative and as far as your last comment...touche...lets call a truce between us and hope its a great game today which as I can tell by the predictions most FC fans don't think will happen, but Silverdale can be tough....you ask for my prediction, well I won't back down so Ill say Silverdale wins 3-2 in a classic, but will not be surprised to see your predictions come true if FC can come out and jump out early because like you said they have been there before and that is a big advantadge!! Good Luck Today!!

Technically they only have around 330 students. You know the real ones, not those imaginary ones the TSSAA makes us play with

Don't even start that crap. An answer to my question would work just fine. Cause let's be honest, privates are lucky the multiplier is only 1.8. There shouldn't even be a multiplier; as all privates should be in their own division. If you're kids are too good for a public school education (which the older I get, the more I can't blame them) then they should be too good for a public school league. But the rules are the rules, so I can live with them... Except when the TSSAA doesn't even follow the very rules they have set forth. Which then, I have a problem with them.

So again I ask people, how can Goodpasture play in A with an enrollment larger than a quarter of all AA schools?

Edited by crazzyness