Class A State Tournament

olerockyrebel

I can't disagree with these based on what I've seen and read about the teams.

BUT, which of these games has the biggest chance of an upset?, and why?

I would say the best chance of an upset will be in the FC vs Scotts Hill game. Friendship Christian can beat them with great hitting but if they have a bad hitting night or no homeruns scotts hill very well may win. S H isn't a high scoring team but they are so good defensively it will almost take homeruns to beat them.They seldom make mistakes in the outfield or infield. A lack of great, hard hitting is the way they beat Riverside in the district tourney.

Closest game"0n paper" should be Summertown/Riverside.Taking nothing from S'town, I'm not sure that they've faced a lineup like the Panthers have all season.They have some big, strong kids who pound the ball wheather the pitcher makes mistakes or not...their pitching isn't what it has been in the recent past,but who's is?If Riverside has a weakness they don't have a speedy lineup, but their style isn't small ball anyway,grounders are rockets and anything in the air is subject to be over the defense...or over de fence.

Upset would be scotts hill over FCS. You have a team in scotts hill that does'nt make trips to state playing a team like FCS who thinks they should win state every year and that their team is always the team to beat, and that can be the recipe for an upset.

Closest game"0n paper" should be Summertown/Riverside.Taking nothing from S'town, I'm not sure that they've faced a lineup like the Panthers have all season.They have some big, strong kids who pound the ball wheather the pitcher makes mistakes or not...their pitching isn't what it has been in the recent past,but who's is?If Riverside has a weakness they don't have a speedy lineup, but their style isn't small ball anyway,grounders are rockets and anything in the air is subject to be over the defense...or over de fence.

Summertown and Riverside based on who they have played and beat are the best two teams of the 8.

Summertown and Riverside based on who they have played and beat are the best two teams of the 8.

Agreed, In my opinion the championship is being played on the first day and that is a shame! To almost automatically put FCS in the ship and have Silverdale, Riverside, and Summertown just beat up on each other isn't fair and I would say that even if Friendship was in the bracket.