Class A State Tournament

olerockyrebel

Sorry didn't catch the flick! I was almost afraid to post. Figured you to be the grammer cop!!!!

Back to the tourney, you have FCS and who from the other bracket?

I strongly suggest you watch Sling Blade after the tournament is over.

I have no idea, but a FCS-Riverside matchup would certainly be a boon for this message board.

2009-Summertown

2010-DCR

2011-DCR

2012-DCR despite the devastating loss of the best pitcher in the nation

4 years, 4 titles, lets do it up DCR, Let the best team win.......Should be a great game to watch-much respect to DCR and what they have accomplished the past 4 years and continue to bring to the table this year-from a Summertown follower

Good luck to all teams playing in the state tournament this week. I personally see a rematch of last years championship game come Friday. However you never know who might play the best week of their life and be playing in the championship. Again good luck to all teams.

Who do you think played in last year's Championship game? It was DCR vs Eagleville. So a rematch will be impossible. I can only imagine you were thinking it was FCS maybe. They went 0-2 at last years State Tournament.

Who do you think played in last year's Championship game? It was DCR vs Eagleville. So a rematch will be impossible. I can only imagine you were thinking it was FCS maybe. They went 0-2 at last years State Tournament.

He was probly thinking of 2 years back.

Got to say at least on paper it looks like FCS has the easy road to the final. It is a shame that DCR and S-town drew a first round match. Once you go down its extremely hard to make it to the final unless you have a deep pitching staff. At this point you can't take anything for granted though. One good pitcher can put you in the loser's bracket. Just ask FCS from last year's matchup with Huntingdon. Silverdale looks good on paper but honestly I've never heard of them, are they a new school? Rockwood has been knocking on the door the past couple years and has finally made it to the dance. Also glad to see Cornersville make it in. Good luck to everyone, hope for some good tight games. No matter what team you pull for, play for or have a son or grandson playing for enjoy it. It's a special thing to make it this far for most teams, players and parents. I'm just a spectator now but for the past 3 years I had the honor of watching my son and his team play in the State tournament and it goes by far to quick. Good luck to all.

"average" that's funny !!! You (riverside fans) just can't give SH credit for being a good team ! If being in the top eight teams and going to the show is "average" I would take that every year. . well you better get used to it because anyone with a clue would know that SH is going to be a good team for a long time. I'm not saying how good because that's impossible to predict, but they'll be a strong team for a long time. "arrogance"... offensive display of superiority or self importance...overbearing pride ! congrats on being state champions 3 years running and a very good team (not dominate as in years past) this year ! A team I think could very well win it again, but I'm not familiar with everyone else. Because of that, I think anyone still in the tournament could possibly win it even the ones in the average bracket :) Again, Your run was VERY Impressive ! Congrats ! BTW :SH got the better part of three of those games and you know it.

How can you say all the good teams are not on one side? Scotts Hill and Riverside are rivalry games so that is a game both want to win really bad with SH getting the better part those 2 games because Rside wasn't in the game. That happens all the time doesn't it? Fact is anyone can win, and yes people are saying who they think is best. Far as I can see, you are the only one saying that some teams are not as good as FCS! The point I have been trying to prove is that FCS doesn't play the competition they think they do and that has shown at state. So i think the figures above say that which should show you that you do not need to say you are better that anyone else. If you want to say that this is FCS's year, or you think they are the best in the tournament, go ahead. but dont act like you are better than silverdale because you beat trousdale worse and more than they did because on any good day and "average" team like SH can come in and rain on your parade!

2009-Summertown

2010-DCR

2011-DCR

2012-DCR despite the devastating loss of the best pitcher in the nation

4 years, 4 titles, lets do it up DCR, Let the best team win.......Should be a great game to watch-much respect to DCR and what they have accomplished the past 4 years and continue to bring to the table this year-from a Summertown follower

DCR does all of this with a county population of around 10,000. Lots of respect for Summertown and SH. I like teams who play local kids.

DCR does all of this with a county population of around 10,000. Lots of respect for Summertown and SH. I like teams who play local kids.

Summertown's baseball, softball, volleyball, and basketball successes comes from a community of of less than 2,000. There were only 866 residents in the community proper at the 2010 census. There are three high schools in our county, with the vast majority of students going to Lawrence Co. High School.

And, just think, we're starting to add in some football... :)

Does anyone know why there is an 'Upper Bracket' and a 'Lower Bracket', instead of a straight 'double elimination' 8 team bracket? In theory, if the top two teams were in the same bracket, then top two teams wouldn't play in the finals. In a straight double elimination bracket, that wouldn't be the case. I know people will say that it only matters who wins, but getting to the finals should be reserved for the two best teams, right?

How dare you suggest anything that would makes sense like this. TSSAA doesn't do very much that does make sense but yes it would make sense to put all 8 teams in a single 8 team double elimination bracket. It would make for more pitching for teams that fall into losers bracket early but it would help cut out one pitch wonder teams also. Know that the champ has to beat some team twice but it would help insure that the 2 best teams could be there at the end and 1 not going home because they got put into the same top or bottom bracket