Independence HS

18NCS

Here is the 2012 staff: Dyson, Bobby Cieslak, Red Roberts, Kyle Castles, Greg Burns, Alex Heckman, Ryan Consiglio, Lee Nachand, and Vic Wharton. The 2013 staff: Blade, Chad Gates (Indy Frosh coach last year), Burns, Jonathan Boren (asst frosh coach at Indy last year), Nachand, Heckman, and Keith Hudson. Hudson was the middle school coach for the feeder school a couple of years ago and was very successful with youth football teams in Spring Hill prior to that.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Here is the 2012 staff: Dyson, Bobby Cieslak, Red Roberts, Kyle Castles, Greg Burns, Alex Heckman, Ryan Consiglio, Lee Nachand, and Vic Wharton. The 2013 staff: Blade, Chad Gates (Indy Frosh coach last year), Burns, Jonathan Boren (asst frosh coach at Indy last year), Nachand, Heckman, and Keith Hudson. Hudson was the middle school coach for the feeder school a couple of years ago and was very successful with youth football teams in Spring Hill prior to that.

Was that the same Ryan Consiglio that was an outstanding linebacker at UTC.

It is the same. He was a standout at Indy and was part of the core group who led the Eagles to the 5A State title game in 2007 against Smyrna.

Has there been any teams in league that ever had 3 D1 players on D?

Can't see many teams passing on those guys in the DB

Summary what does Indy QB and RB look like?

Any what bout Indy's little brother Summit?

How will they be this year?

Has there been any teams in league that ever had 3 D1 players on D?

Can't see many teams passing on those guys in the DB

Summary what does Indy QB and RB look like?

Any what bout Indy's little brother Summit?

How will they be this year?

And there is not a nicer kid than Finis. I was thrilled when I learned Missouri offered him. I still remember watching him single handily destroy Woodland MS when he was an 8th grader at Heritage. He had three returns for TD's alone. Indy is blessed at QB next year if Blade doesn't change people around too much. They have two sophomores in Andrew Bunch who is tough as nails and throws a beautiful ball and the last of the Swayze clans in Adam. He is already bigger than his older brother and cousins and is very athletic. The RB position is probably an uknown to Blade at this point because of track. The Indy sprinters are competing right now in the state championships so they missed spring ball. There are a couple of underclassman with elite speed that Blade will probably have at his disposal. But as you have probably seen me post before ND, they are going to rely on a lot young lineman. The starters have to stay healthy all year long. Spring ball went well for Summit and we look ready to make the jump to 11AAA. The core of boys who took a beating as freshmen and sophomores are big, strong, and very experienced now. The defense is stout and is led by the senior Merritt twins, senior and junior Gomoljak brothers, and three more seniors, Hughes, Shriner, and Wisdom and junior Vasey. The secondary is very talented, deep, and athletic with seniors Hunter, Shearry, and Refegee leading the way. The junior DB's (Campbell, Austin, and Carr) are ball hawks and very athletic. The offense is blessed to have a line that for the most part plays just one way. The tackles are both juniors and very talented. The LT, Tyrell, does play DE as well and has a bright future. He has great feet. The RT, Vantrease, is a big boy (over 6'4"/ 290) and dishes out abuse. The line is ancored by a senior Kevin Cox. He's been the starter since day one. The secondary is a lot of the offensive skill people. Dee Hunter gained over a 1000 yds rushing last year at QB but moves to the main running back spot. Our OC's son takes over at QB this year and knows how to run dad's offense. Kicking and punting look great. So we will see. I won't predict how we will do because it is such a jump from AA to AAA. But they are ready.

And there is not a nicer kid than Finis. I was thrilled when I learned Missouri offered him. I still remember watching him single handily destroy Woodland MS when he was an 8th grader at Heritage. He had three returns for TD's alone. Indy is blessed at QB next year if Blade doesn't change people around too much. They have two sophomores in Andrew Bunch who is tough as nails and throws a beautiful ball and the last of the Swayze clans in Adam. He is already bigger than his older brother and cousins and is very athletic. The RB position is probably an uknown to Blade at this point because of track. The Indy sprinters are competing right now in the state championships so they missed spring ball. There are a couple of underclassman with elite speed that Blade will probably have at his disposal. But as you have probably seen me post before ND, they are going to rely on a lot young lineman. The starters have to stay healthy all year long. Spring ball went well for Summit and we look ready to make the jump to 11AAA. The core of boys who took a beating as freshmen and sophomores are big, strong, and very experienced now. The defense is stout and is led by the senior Merritt twins, senior and junior Gomoljak brothers, and three more seniors, Hughes, Shriner, and Wisdom and junior Vasey. The secondary is very talented, deep, and athletic with seniors Hunter, Shearry, and Refegee leading the way. The junior DB's (Campbell, Austin, and Carr) are ball hawks and very athletic. The offense is blessed to have a line that for the most part plays just one way. The tackles are both juniors and very talented. The LT, Tyrell, does play DE as well and has a bright future. He has great feet. The RT, Vantrease, is a big boy (over 6'4"/ 290) and dishes out abuse. The line is ancored by a senior Kevin Cox. He's been the starter since day one. The secondary is a lot of the offensive skill people. Dee Hunter gained over a 1000 yds rushing last year at QB but moves to the main running back spot. Our OC's son takes over at QB this year and knows how to run dad's offense. Kicking and punting look great. So we will see. I won't predict how we will do because it is such a jump from AA to AAA. But they are ready.

Hey thanks for the update !!!!

Wish the best for the kids at Summit

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...