State Tournament Umpires?

wildcatdude

Where in the world did they find these half as* poor examples that call themselves umpires? Sorry but I just have to blow off some steam. When athletic teams reach this level of play the game should not be decided by the umpires. When a ball is hit down the 3rd. base line 18" foul and called fair which scores the run that beats you in a very well played close game it just don't seem right, especially when people from the team you are playing tell you that it was foul and the home plate umpire tells the Field Admin. that he missed the call???????And then there was the ump behind the plate that was so short he could not see over the catcher. Told catcher several times "Think I missed that one". Three straight pitches cross over plate from inside to out, catcher asked ump what was wrong with those umpire replies those were balls, after batter walks umpire tells catcher sorry I might have missed those?????????? What the heck.....This is not little league, and even they have 4 umpires when you reach the State tournament, just saying, may not want 4 if they are like this. Anybody else had this crap in your games?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your saying if the ball crosses third base in the air and lands in foul territory down the left field line it is fair? What league have you been playing ...that is foul all day long. Now on the ground and crosses third base is a different story.

It's where the ball crosses not where it lands. The ball was fair. Serrano was better than Sheffield today and Farragut came up with timely hits, that's why they won. Show a little class and quit blaming the umpires for your team's shortcomings.

Where in the world did they find these half as* poor examples that call themselves umpires? Sorry but I just have to blow off some steam. When athletic teams reach this level of play the game should not be decided by the umpires. When a ball is hit down the 3rd. base line 18" foul and called fair which scores the run that beats you in a very well played close game it just don't seem right, especially when people from the team you are playing tell you that it was foul and the home plate umpire tells the Field Admin. that he missed the call???????And then there was the ump behind the plate that was so short he could not see over the catcher. Told catcher several times "Think I missed that one". Three straight pitches cross over plate from inside to out, catcher asked ump what was wrong with those umpire replies those were balls, after batter walks umpire tells catcher sorry I might have missed those?????????? What the heck.....This is not little league, and even they have 4 umpires when you reach the State tournament, just saying, may not want 4 if they are like this. Anybody else had this crap in your games?

Uhh, it sounds like you lost.

So your saying if the ball crosses third base in the air and lands in foul territory down the left field line it is fair? What league have you been playing ...that is foul all day long. Now on the ground and crosses third base is a different story.

The ball crossed the bag in the air, landed about 2 feet behind the bag, and landed on the line. Not sure where the argument is. I was sitting up in the high seats, and clearly saw the ball on the line. You don't have to agree and you can blame the umpires for your loss, but the fact is Tullahoma managed to get only 4 infield singles and one bloop-flare out of the infield off Serrano. He was just better than Sheffield yesterday and Farragut came through with clutch hits. Umpires didn't effect outcome of game.

No dog in this hunt, but if it landed on line of course it's fair.

Sorry I should've clarified earlier. I assumed you were a Tullahoma fan, and it seemed that was their main problem with the call, that it appeared to them that it crossed the bag in foul territory.

I'm a Tullahoma fan, so I'm expecting the "the umpire didn't lose the game for you" responses. I was not at the Farragut game yesterday, but I was listening to the Farragut radio broadcast at work and THEIR announcers said the ball looked foul for what it is worth. That being said, I was at the Dyer County game last night and the umpire behind the dish was absolutely horrendous. If the TSSAA does not have more qualified umpires that can work a state tournament, then they need to just close up shop. The guy was a complete embarrassment. Umpires should not clearly effect the outcome of the game at the any level, much less the state tournament.

I'm a Tullahoma fan, so I'm expecting the "the umpire didn't lose the game for you" responses. I was not at the Farragut game yesterday, but I was listening to the Farragut radio broadcast at work and THEIR announcers said the ball looked foul for what it is worth. That being said, I was at the Dyer County game last night and the umpire behind the dish was absolutely horrendous. If the TSSAA does not have more qualified umpires that can work a state tournament, then they need to just close up shop. The guy was a complete embarrassment. Umpires should not clearly effect the outcome of the game at the any level, much less the state tournament.

I agree. If the TSSAA can't find better umpires, they should just cancel the state tournament. I agree.

Well Tullahoma fans, I'm sure y'all had the best team in the state and should have won the tournament. I'm just so sorry that the umpires were not made aware of this fact before y'all got here. Good luck to you next year.

It did not take long to get the reply I knew I would get. I don't think anyone is saying that Tullahoma should have won anything. All I'm saying is that the TSSAA should have competent umpires at the STATE TOURNAMENT and I don't believe anyone that was at either game at Oakland yesterday can say that is the case. I really do not believe that is too much to ask. Those calls just as easily could have gone against Farragut and Dyer County and their fans would be on here complaining. The fact of the matter is there is an issue that needs to be fixed.

Edited by gocats1

Well Tullahoma fans, I'm sure y'all had the best team in the state and should have won the tournament. I'm just so sorry that the umpires were not made aware of this fact before y'all got here. Good luck to you next year.

If you were not at the game then do not comment, because you have no idea. Umpires normally don't win and loose games, but what happened yesterday did play a roll in the outcome of both games. I wish nothing but good luck to all the teams that have worked so hard to be on this stage, it is just so sad to see it all end like that. If the same crew calls other games then I suspect we will see other post that will follow.