Game of the Week! (Week Zero)

Gary and I have decided to travel the Mid-State this season and broadcast the best game each week on the Duck at 93.9 FM. We are looking at either Oakland at Riverdale or Blackman at Siegel right now. Any other games we should consider? We think this will be a lot of fun and we're really looking forward to bringing our listeners a variety of games from all divisions this season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. I don't think Oakland vs. Riverdale will be very close

Hard to believe posts like this when i read them about Riverdale. Seen so many powerhouse teams of theirs over the years that's hard to fathom somebody would wanna see Siegel vs Blackman over Oakland and a once proud Riverdale program. I personally don't think we have heard the last of The Mighty Warriors. As an lifelong Oak Ridge fan i have as much respect for Riverdale as i do any program we have ever played. Hang tough Riverdale faithful. Y'all have too much pride and tradition to stay down too long.

I'm leaning toward the Siegel game simply because we haven't called a game there. We called a couple of Riverdale games two years ago and got a little flak from the Boro media for it. We definitely don't have any intent of stepping on the home teams media folks. We plan to make this thing into a "College Game Day" type atmosphere including a Tailgate Party/Broadcast prior to the game. Maybe even give away prizes from "The Duck"!

We basically just LOVE high school football and we have the vessel to carry the "BEST" game to everyone each week. We provide internet feed of our broadcasts, so you can listen in to our game and go watch another game at the same time. We provide scoreboard updates across the state as well during our broadcast. I'm really excited about this season!

Hard to believe posts like this when i read them about Riverdale. Seen so many powerhouse teams of theirs over the years that's hard to fathom somebody would wanna see Siegel vs Blackman over Oakland and a once proud Riverdale program. I personally don't think we have heard the last of The Mighty Warriors. As an lifelong Oak Ridge fan i have as much respect for Riverdale as i do any program we have ever played. Hang tough Riverdale faithful. Y'all have too much pride and tradition to stay down too long.

I don't think that Riverdale will be down a ton this year. I see a 6-4 season for the Warriors. It is just that Oakland is going to be a lot for anyone to handle

I don't think that Riverdale will be down a ton this year. I see a 6-4 season for the Warriors. It is just that Oakland is going to be a lot for anyone to handle

True, but to any longtime Riverdale fan a 6-4 season is horrible. Especially a guy like LostOldDad who saw the glory years there. Teams that would stomp a mudhole into the Oakland 2013 team, probably. The great teams of 94, ranked 7th in the whole nation (they only beat us 21-7 that year, but dominated that game and we were 13-0 coming into that game) all throughout the late 90's to the early 2000's, especially the powerhouse 2001 team. I as an Oak Ridge fan have witnessed the same thing with our program through they years. The glory years, to mediocrity, to hopefully soon recapturing some of that faded glory of the past Wildcat years. Riverdale fans are just like Oak Ridge, D-B, and Maryville fans, anything but a state title is a disappointment to them. All programs go through it. Maryville did before Quarles got there, and they will again. It's the cycles of life, but the top programs always make a resurgence.

Station camp vs. Beech. Both teams feature big time D-1 athletes. Station Camp has a receiver name Malone and Beech has a running back name Hurd. We're talking 20-30 offers apiece maybe more. I'm sure you guys have heard about these guys

Absolutely, we have definitely heard of those guys. We have the Beech/Wilson Central game penciled in later in the season. Even though we do pod cast our games, so anyone can listen in via the web, we wanted to make week zero within our listening area which only reaches up north of Murfreesboro. (We are based out of Tullahoma) The Siegel game is also going to be a very exciting game. We are happy to carry it!

You do realize that Oakland and Riverdale don't play on the same day as Blackman and Siegel don't you?

Oakland-Riverdale play Thursday night of Week 0. Blackman and Siegel play that Friday night followed by La Vergne and Smyrna on Saturday night. It's a special thing the district is doing for its Week 0 games. New school Stewarts Creek will be at Ravenwood that Friday night.

The DNJ had this info several months ago.