Metro 5A/6A football 2013

Really only one poster who feels 7 on 7 is like a "PE Class". Most coaches agree that these events are great for building programs. Hillsboro was greatly improved over last year imo. Their QB was impressive as well as their team speed. Independence fought to make it to the title game and competed really well. I saw East Lit get better as they gained much needed experience. Willing to bet that all the coaches at this event are glad they made the decision to attend and compete. Also, not a bad way to get exposure to try to get a Vanderbilt Football scholarship offer. Nice to see Ravenwood make it the final 4 of the tournament with the new coach.

Get it right coach, a very good PE class.

I would see the benefit for the defense in working on their coverage. I think that is a true asset. I would wonder about the run dominant teams that only do it for the sake of peer pressure. What do you think the percentage of teams are now that run the ball an overwhelming majority of the time?

I would see the benefit for the defense in working on their coverage. I think that is a true asset. I would wonder about the run dominant teams that only do it for the sake of peer pressure. What do you think the percentage of teams are now that run the ball an overwhelming majority of the time?

Most high school teams still do, mainly because there aren't many Peyton Mannings walking the halls of these schools. However, I wouldn't call their participation in these "peer pressure". Even run-heavy coaches like to be able to pass the ball when they need to. It's been mentioned already, but these passing camps can help with timing, mechanics, footwork, and route running; And as you already hinted at, coaches obviously also like having the ability to defend the pass against teams that are good at it. It's no secret why 7-on-7 drills have become so popular at all levels: They can help your team.

Let's call it what it is. Buddy Brown is a "Metro Guy." He didnt like Clayton when he was at Franklin and he really doesnt like him now that he is at Hillsboro. If it had been a metro guy that won then Buddy would be up that hind end so far he cant see. Buddy never made it past the second round.....how would he know what works and what doesnt?

Edited by prophecy27

Let's call it what it is. Buddy Brown is a "Metro Guy." He didnt like Clayton when he was at Franklin and he really doesnt like him now that he is at Hillsboro. If it had been a metro guy that won then Buddy would be up that hind end so far he cant see. Buddy never made it past the second round.....how would he know what works and what doesnt?

I am a metro guy and proud of it. I don't gauge anyone's success on wins and losses,so that has nothing to do with it. Some of the best coaches in Tennessee do not have winning records. I think all kids deserve a good coach not just one who only cares for winning. Winning is a by product of doing what is right. This has nothing to do with that anyway. Also do not hide behind some username. I do like coach Clayton,where does that come from? I like all football coaches,do not like everything they do. I just have opinions and like being on the opposite side to stir the pot a little also. The boards are fun to me. Also been coaching football since 1973,still going strong,must know a little. Edited by runtheball

Brown is a metro guy but I've never heard him say anything bad about Clayton or anything that would make me think that he didn't respect the man. Also, Brown likes good coaches and doesn't like bad coaches whether they are metro guys or not. Just because you have a gold ball it doesn't mean you can coach. Just because you don't have a gold ball doesn't mean you can't coach. What's your resume like prophecy?

Like you said just stirring the pot ;) The boards are fun!

And work....That east lit team looks pretty good this year.

Like you said just stirring the pot ;) The boards are fun!

And work....That east lit team looks pretty good this year.

Just thinking, number 27, where have I seen that before.