Metro 5A/6A football 2013

Only time will tell. I still think 7 on 7 is a glorified P.E. class

It's a chance to compete against other schools during the slow months before pads come on. If you are a competitor, then you revel at opportunities to compete in anything. If you think it's a PE class, you should have come watched the 7 on 7 competitions at Vandy and MTSU.. There was great competition, sportsmanship, and quality athletes and coaching at both.

Sometimes you either change with the times, or the times pass you by.

It's a chance to compete against other schools during the slow months before pads come on. If you are a competitor, then you revel at opportunities to compete in anything. If you think it's a PE class, you should have come watched the 7 on 7 competitions at Vandy and MTSU.. There was great competition, sportsmanship, and quality athletes and coaching at both.

Sometimes you either change with the times, or the times pass you by.

Thanks coach

It can be beneficial in some aspect of football: running routes, catching the ball, breaking on the ball, etc... It can hurt as well; Nothing coming at your QB. 30-40% of a QB's throws will be impeded or on the move. You don't get that in 7 on 7.

7 on 7 for football is comparable to playing horse in basketball or hitting off a tee for baseball. Edited by runtheball

Getting reps for the QB's and receivers vs coverages does help. It builds timing and confidence. On the defensive side it helps DB's and LBs work on assignments and their coverages. You cant get this kind of experience against your own team in practice. players see different schemes and it gives them experience vs the clock.

Stone age thinking again dog, there is no rush but why does every nfl, major college team, and high school in the country not only participate in them but also install it as a part practice man? That cracks me up. Again, if you wanna get good at something then you gotta do it. I guess sitting at home is the better option for some. Metro is back!

Correct me if I am wrong but most teams at the high school, college, and pro level work pass skeleton. Why not go somewhere that you can compete with other schools? Some of you make this seem like it is pointless. Also it gets players some exposure to show off their athleticism to college coaches.

Really only one poster who feels 7 on 7 is like a "PE Class". Most coaches agree that these events are great for building programs. Hillsboro was greatly improved over last year imo. Their QB was impressive as well as their team speed. Independence fought to make it to the title game and competed really well. I saw East Lit get better as they gained much needed experience. Willing to bet that all the coaches at this event are glad they made the decision to attend and compete. Also, not a bad way to get exposure to try to get a Vanderbilt Football scholarship offer. Nice to see Ravenwood make it the final 4 of the tournament with the new coach.

Edited by 15NCS