11AAA, how does it shake out

HighLife

SC didn't hire their principal until the end of October 2012. He approached KD a few weeks later about being the AD based on a recommendation of a mutual friend from grad school. Mutual friend knew KD was sending out the resumes; that's why he gave the recommendation to the principal. KD wanted a better situation and it worked out better than he imagined.

KD wants to be a principal and then a run a school district ( board ) hence why he took the assistant principle job at SC. He stated he wish he could have stayed to coach his grandson one last year (VW)

Regardless he is gone and Indy now has one of the best coaches in state

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how good Independence and Beech will be this year, but this will be great entertainment. Can't wait to see this battle

Will be interesting for sure. Jalen and Vic are so close, and I'm sure there will be some friendly wagers made on this one.

FHS picked no. 1??? Would be nice but we'll see. Buddy told me the OC left for Oak Ridge so I wonder who is runnin the offense. Bein optimistic.

As mentioned any one of these 4 wins the title

IHS

BHS

FHS

CHS

* no team runs the table / goes undefeated league play

** Dickson Co and RHS will grab a few wins versus above top 4

**** SHS ???

FHS picked no. 1??? Would be nice but we'll see. Buddy told me the OC left for Oak Ridge so I wonder who is runnin the offense. Bein optimistic.

OC leaving is very oldnews oldtimer, he had been on Coach Gaddis staff for many years before coming to FHS. Offense is in very very capable hands!

As mentioned any one of these 4 wins the title

IHS

BHS

FHS

CHS

* no team runs the table / goes undefeated league play

** Dickson Co and RHS will grab a few wins versus above top 4

**** SHS ???

Any of those 4??? Lets see 42-10 28-21 35-14 That is the scores that the old rebels got destroyed by last year. NO WAY they compete for district. The days of Franklin having a chance are over. They let Clayton go to the boros and settled for what they got.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this district is going to be exceedingly interesting throughout the year, and as always will be drenched with storylines: Coaching & Players alike.

Brentwood Bruins

1. How will the high graduation rate from last year will affect 2013’s teams?
  2. How will Coach Woodard fair as the 3rd coach in 3 years, for an otherwise stable program?
  3. How will the departure of Coach Hester & numerous other coaches affect the BHS staff?
  4. I’ve also heard that this year’s senior class were very competitive as freshman…

Ravenwood

1. How will Coach Hester’s staff’s continuity affect their on the field product?
  2. Will the Raptor’s parents finally give a coach a legitimate chance to round the corner?

Independence

1. Will Vic Wharton return to full lethal health?
  2. How will Jalen return to Friday night lights?
  3. How will Coach Blades fun-&-gun work in its first year? Even with the weapons to implement it?
  4. What will the Defensive side of the ball look like in a run-dominated level of play?

Centennial

1. Centennial finally beat Franklin last year, but struggled against the rest of the league, will they turn the corner this year into full district contention?
  2. What does the QB situation look like?

Dickson Co.

1. Is this the same Dickson ground-&-pound teams from the past?

Franklin

1. Year 2 of a new regime is always a big litmus test year

1. Will Franklin compete?
    2. Will a young team grow up?
    3. Will this young team live up to its own hype?

[*]How will a second re-tooling of the offense affect it’s productivity?

[*]What is the expectation for Franklin this year?