Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

Why don't you add another copy and paste to your thread here about the T$$AA rules you clearly violated last night? Maybe I will start a new thread dedicated to just that and see how many views and posts it gets. Maybe if it generates enough hits it will get back to the T$$AA. I'm sure an email with all of the relevant links would.

So you're related to at least 14 different wrestlers representing each of the 14 weight classes between these two programs that warrants the right for you to video them and make the videos available to the public. Record that phone call with Mr. Reeves for us so we can hear that explanation. Some might even say that these videos were used as a tool to direct traffic from a public wrestling forum to your youtube and facebook accounts for commercial reasons to promote a business that is advertised on your personal site.

Al Morris came and Tullahoma is right there! Congrats...

Wildcats’ wrestling season ends with final scrap

Posted on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Wildcat wrestler Chris House (left) fights to get out of a hold put on by a Cookeville opponent on Thursday. –Staff Photo by Zach Birdsong

By ZACH BIRDSONG

Sports Editor

The Tullahoma High School wrestling team’s season ended with a heartbreaking loss at home on Thursday night.

After making it into the region tournament, the Wildcats played host to Cookeville, the number six-ranked team in the state. Tullahoma and the Cavaliers fought to the wire on Thursday, but it was Cookeville that prevailed, winning 36-32.

Though the Cavaliers advanced to face Blackman in the finals, the Wildcats that controlled the mats early on. Tullahoma came out on fire, dominating the first three matches to take an early 17-0 lead.

Adam Rogers and Cleveland Cyree came out winning their respective matches by pinfall. Rogers competed in the 106-pound weight class and Cleveland Cyree defeated his opponent in the 113-pound division, to make the score 12-0. In the 120-pound class, Devan Cyree won by technical fall to extend the Wildcats’ lead to 17-0.

Cookeville retaliated by winning the next four matches to score 18 points to take the slight advantage. Local T.J. Tankersley lost his match in the 126-pound division by technical fall, and Dylan McElhaney lost a close decision in the 132-pound class to make the score 17-8.

The Cavaliers then picked up back-to-back wins by pinfall. Wildcat Cole Michael lost his match in the 138-pound class and Chris House lost his 145-pound match in a close contest, to give Cookeville an 18-17 edge.

Tullahoma regained the lead shortly after when Brennon Watson defeated his opponent in a tough matchup in the 152-pound division.

However, the Wildcats couldn’t build off of that momentum as Cookeville notched a pinfall win in the next bout. Wildcat Tristan Scott was pinned in the 160-pound division to give the Cavaliers a 24-20 advantage.

With five matches left to go, Tullahoma’s Tanner Hill got the crowd into match and put the ’Cats back in front. Trailing after the second of three two-minute periods, Hill scored a victory with a pinfall. The 170-pounder put Tullahoma in front 26-24.

With a hot crowd behind him, Michael Lett then stepped on to the mat for his match in the 182-pound class. While it was close the whole way, Lett could not get the final points he needed, losing a tough decision and putting the Cavaliers in front for good, 27-26.

Wildcat Dylan Pearson battled for three periods, but fell short, losing a tough decision to Cookeville in the 195-division. Tullahoma’s Nick Locke then was pinned quickly in the first period of the 220-pound class, as the Cavaliers took a 36-26 lead with one match left to go.

Rather than risk injury, Cookeville conceded the final match, allowing Jared Nelson to pick up the win in the 285-pound class. However, the Cavaliers still picked up the overall win in the match, 36-32.

After defeating Tullahoma, Cookeville then lost to Blackman in the finals, 35-21. However, with the win over THS, the Cavaliers secured a spot in the State Dual Championships that will be held Jan. 31- Feb. 1 in Franklin.

Though the season ends for the Wildcats as a team, several wrestlers will go on to compete individually for a spot in the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association State Tournament on Feb. 13-15 in Franklin. To get there, the THS athletes will compete in the Region V Tournament held on Feb. 7-8 at Blackman High School.

From The Knoxville News-Sentinel

PIGEON FORGE WRESTLING READY TO COMPETE FOR ELUSIVE STATE TITLE

By Jesse Smithey

Published Saturday, January 25, 2014

The third time wasn’t the charm, so the Pigeon Forge High School wrestling team will give the fourth try a chance next week in Franklin.

The fruits of a pipeline over the years.

I really found this interview most beneficial to anyone looking to step it up and gain momentum, from early takedowns to feet movement, to basing/standing up from bottom to taking shots at the end, which obviously created an opportunity for some iv this match and that final Baylor win forRyan Parker.

From dcb 8 hours ago

@greff

That was possibly the best post-match interview I've ever seen. Brands is absolutely 100% right on everything he said right there. If you let a loss rattle you to the point where it affects your performance, you do NOT belong at the D-1 level, and Brands knows that. He is so spot on, and my respect for him just tripled. He is the most passionate coach in the NCAA's in my opinion (I don't count basketball as a sport, those coaches don't participate in their practices like wrestling coaches do, especially Brands), and it shows while he coaches, before he coaches, and after.

"You're a competitor, it doesn't matter."

"Move your feet to create opportunities for us, not to prevent opportunities for our opponent." That is the best thing I've heard all season.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Tennessee High School Wrestling Poll

Luther Killian

Now in its 22nd year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength. Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 100%.

STATE POLL: RANK SCHOOL POWER RANKING LAST WEEK

1 CLEVELAND 97 1

2 FATHER RYAN 92 2

3 BAYLOR 83 3

4 WILSON CENTRAL 71 4

5 SODDY DAISY 68 5

6 MCCALLIE 56 7

7 BRADLEY CENTRAL 52 6

8 MONTGOMERY BELL ACADEMY 34 8

9 RAVENWOOD 33 9

10 BLACKMAN 24 11

11 WALKER VALLEY 19 10

12 CHRISTIAN BROTHERS 14 12

Others receiving votes: COOKEVILLE, BRENTWOOD, HERITAGE, HIXSON

I'll add Stewarts Creek and Tullahoma after the fine regulars season finish they both had.