Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

D2

113 Baylor is the favorite, Chatt region

126 McCallie is the favorite, Chatt region

132 FR is the top ranked wrestler here but this is the only weight class I have an upset picked, McCallie - Chatt region

138 Baylor and McCallie are the two front runners, Chatt region

145 McCallie is the favorite, Chatt region

152 FR holds the top spot for now but only after a 1 point win over Baylor with multiple questionable calls (Baylor had been dominating the entire match). I don't see that happening twice in a month. I've got Baylor picked here, Chatt region

160 Baylor is the favorite, Chatt region

170 Baylor is the favorite, Chatt region

182 McCallie and Baylor are the front runners, Chatt region

220 - McCallie already had an impressive win over #1 FR so I don't know why he still has the #1 spot. He has wins over the remaining top 4 in his weight. I have McCallie winning this one again, Chatt region

* Edited/Corrected to 10 wins for Chattanooga Region after overlooking 220

The Remaining Weight Classes:

Brentwood Academy will probably have two champs at 195/285

CBHS will probably have one champ if he's healthy

The February Bro's will probably have one champ since King dropped if he's healthy and/or can make weight

You are completely right with all of this. Chattanooga is just amazing at wrestling aren't they? Is that why you chose Clevelend?

Well, Dude,,, you're just saying that cause he's your boy!!!

Seriously, Larue has come along. Have they met yet? Russell certainly will have to pick up his hand to challenge Ethan.

I made my picks for all 14 weight classes and you're calling me out on one of them? I used the same criteria I based all of my picks on when when I picked 195. Last year's state results and current season results.

LaRue is a great wrestler and no one will ever forget what he did off the mat at state last year. I believe he along with Strawn and Russell will be tough contenders this year at 195.

To answer your question, Ethan was 2-0 (both majors) last year against LaRue but they have not wrestled this year. I believe LaRue is still looking for his first state medal this year and I'm sure he will get it. Like I said I made all of my picks based on rankings, state placement, head-to-head results, current season results, and common opponents.

You are completely right with all of this. Chattanooga is just amazing at wrestling aren't they? Is that why you chose Clevelend?

I've been a long time fan/supporter of Chattanooga area wrestling. I've watched many of the fine young men from this area year after year and I'm proud of all them and what they've accomplished. I hope they all go out on top and continue to represent the heart of wrestling in this state. This region is full of intense rivals all year long but this time of year we usually stick together and pull for one another. These guys have been wrestling each other since they were very very young. I'm pulling for CHS first of course but after that...the locals guys that I've watched on the mat for the past decade.

This is definitely a fun and exciting time of year! The State Duals have always been my favorite. No offense toward other areas or teams, just promoting our local guys and generating some buzz for the upcoming championship.

Edited by rlwest40

I've been a long time fan/supporter of Chattanooga area wrestling. I've watched many of the fine young men from this area year after year and I'm proud of all them and what they've accomplished. I hope they all go out on top and continue to represent the heart of wrestling in this state. This region is full of intense rivals all year long but this time of year we usually stick together and pull for one another. These guys have been wrestling each other since they were very very young. I'm pulling for CHS first of course but after that...the locals guys that I've watched on the mat for the past decade.

This is definitely a fun and exciting time of year! The State Duals have always been my favorite. No offense toward other areas or teams, just promoting our local guys and generating some buzz for the upcoming championship.

Yea since they are from the same area as you, they have to be really good. Now I see why you picked them. Thanks!

Yea since they are from the same area as you, they have to be really good. Now I see why you picked them. Thanks!

You're very welcome! Its just one man's picks and I could be wrong so don't be so down. Like they say, it only hurts if its true so I'm guessing you agree with most of the predictions. You haven't discussed wrestling at all, only made weak attempts to antagonize me so I'm guessing you have nothing logical to add to the discussion. We all have a decision about where we live and raise our families, I'm sorry you regret your decision.

Wrestling Geek:

I'm hearing rumors that many of the Chattanooga area wrestlers are being told ahead of time by their coaching staffs that they will not be able to ride back home with their team. Apparently some will have to give up their seats in order to make room for all of the championship hardware that's coming home to the Chattanooga region again this year.