Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

Sommers you always want me to talk about my son on here and then criticize me later for doing so.

I've never initiated discussion on that subject here on CoachT and have only briefly discussed it as a response to others. I prefer keeping that to a minimum on here and focusing more on general topics like upcoming matches, the latest results, and the state of wrestling in TN and the southeast.

What's your future plans for this thread next year?

Here youins go just to add another 300-500 clicks...

COLLIERVILLE WINS REGION DUAL WRESTLING TITLE

By Pete Wickham

Published Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In the 220-pound division, Collierville’s Nathan Hale pinned Bartlett’s Emanuel Barrientos in 3:46.

Collierville made sure it clinched a return engagement to this weekend’s Division 1 Dual State Wrestling Championships, knocking off host Arlington 38-30 in the region semifinals and Bartlett 38-31 in the region finals last Friday.

It was still a historic night for the Panthers, who claimed their first trip to state dual championships in Franklin. Bartlett reached the regional finals with a 42-28 semifinal win over Houston.

Seniors Cameron Tarver (182), Nathan Hale (220) and Mitchell Nguyen (120) got pins in the championship match to help the Dragons (21-5) to their second straight regional title. Tarver scored pins in both his matches — a 180-degree turnaround from a poor showing in last year’s regional event.

“They got all these pictures of me in tears,†he said. “Not this year. I worked all summer to get better, and stronger.â€

Collierville senior heavyweight Tres Ring, who is one of just three area wrestlers in the latest state individual rankings on tnyouthwrestling.com, got a pin in the first match and won by forfeit in the championship round.

“You want to get through this quick as possible, because you know next week is going to be very tough,†said the sixth-ranked Ring, who is hoping for an appointment to the Naval Academy. “But we’ve done the work in the weight room this past year, and it’s showed.â€

The draw had the match starting with the 170-pound class — going right into the teeth of the Dragons’ strength. Collierville won the first five matches, including the pins by Tarver and Hale for a 29-0 lead. Collierville mathematically sewed up the match with a decision by Matthew Richardson (145) and forfeited the final two matches.

“Our seniors stepped up tonight, and we’re hoping we can show ourselves well in the state competitions,†said Collierville coach Tom Graham as the Dragons prepare for their ninth state duals appearance.

Senior Alex Carroll (113) got the Panthers on the board with the first of Bartlett’s two pins on the night.

“I wanted to go out with a bang,†Carroll said. “And now we’re in the history books. I’ve been saying since July I thought this team could get to state.â€

David Thomas (126) also got a pin for the Panthers, while Kris Bledsoe (138) got a technical pin with an 18-3 decision in his match. Both are sophomores.

“We’re very young, and four of our kids never wrestled before this year, but they’ve caught on really fast,†second-year Bartlett coach Daniel Longo said.

Graham said, “That’s a team with a lot of youth, and athleticism, which showed itself tonight.â€

The Mustangs took third with a 36-24 decision over Arlington.

For the first time in six years, Cordova didn’t make the semifinals of this event, and won’t be making the trip to Nashville for the state duals. The Wolves’ best postseason hope for senior Aaron Carter, currently ranked first in the 106-pound class. Also in the state rankings is Arlington’s Andrew Zarshenas, ranked fifth at 132.

Regional individual meets are set for Feb. 7-8, with the state individuals the following weekend back in Franklin.

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS WINS D2 DUALS TITLE

Two-time state champ Christian Brothers is heading back to defend its wrestling duals title.

The Brothers made easy work of the Division 2 West Region tournament last Saturday, crushing MUS 77-0 in the semifinals before beating host St. Benedict 52-21 in the final.

Tanner Tidswell (113) and Chase White (170) had pins in both of their matches, and 138-pounder Paul Posey had two impressive victories.

St. Benedict, which got pinfall victories from Noah Kurtz (182) and Logan Reid (195) in the final, also advances to state along with third-place Briarcrest.

Feel better mamaTex? Now, Get out of Houston, come on up and begin watching some Tennessee Wrestling for a change.

Btw, Tex, you'd be tryin to figure the ol Soms out for the past 12 years, it won't be happinin. Just get mad & hate and tryin get others to join ya. You want some stories, call (713) 694-5570 ask for Mac and maybe he can tell you another story or two that may help ya out, since you've always loved knowing Who I see, Where I am & Why, and What my Family is up to,,, perhaps slightly more than simply asking what college one may be considering and if wrestling may be a possibility beyond going full throttle at Newberry, Gardner-Webb, King, Appy or Cumberland.

Sommers you always want me to talk about my son on here and then criticize me later for doing so. I've never initiated discussion on that subject here on CoachT and have only briefly discussed it as a response to others. I prefer keeping that to a minimum on here and focusing more on general topics like upcoming matches, the latest results, and the state of wrestling in TN and the southeast. What's your future plans for this thread next year?

I bet you are done with this board after 2014-15, 16 for sure, rlwest40. Prove me wrong!

Btw, Tex, you'd be tryin to figure the ol Soms out for the past 12 years, it won't be happinin. Just get mad & hate and tryin get others to join ya. You want some stories, call (713) 694-5570 ask for Mac and maybe he can tell you another story or two that may help ya out, since you've always loved knowing Who I see, Where I am & Why, and What my Family is up to,,, perhaps slightly more than simply asking what college one may be considering and if wrestling may be a possibility beyond going full throttle at Newberry, Gardner-Webb, King, Appy or Cumberland.

Where are you getting this list from?

Thanks for those posts guys, Tex especially, that along with another new article I shared on Collierville & CBHS wrestling,,, just put this record setting thread into 2nd place for All Time posts!!!!

Each article gets an average of 300-500 viewers within a span of 18 hours on average. This compared to 10-50 on the home page, if it even makes ot B-)

sitting around tournaments talk on the streets all that kind of thing can give us on official list but nothing really matters until we see it in the press or from a family member that knows which in this case you don't want to share

Edited by Sommers

I bet you are done with this board after 2014-15, 16 for sure, rlwest40. Prove me wrong!

We'll see, I'm sure I'll check in from time to time to gather results from your legendary record breaking copy and paste threads. I've had a Cleveland three-peat predicted for some time now so I'll be curious to see how that plays out next year.

I'll probably just be more of an observer by then, that is until Kaden straps on his headgear for the first time.