Gallatin Wins! 24-23

danwastheman

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll try to give a quick recap.

Beech had the ball first, punting after three plays. Gallatin took the ball right down the feild to open the game 7-0. Beech drove the ball down feild and got a feild goal to make it 7-3.

Gallatin took the next possession down the feild about the same way they did the first one to make it 14-3. At that point it looked like the Wave would win easily. But Meadows got through for a 50 plus yards TD to make it 14-10 at the half.

Gallatin started right where they left off in the second half driving the ball 65 or 70 yards before settling for a feild goal, 17-10.

Beech cam back and made some big plays to tie it up at 17 a piece.

The kick, however, was immediatly return 82 yards for a TD, making it 24-17.

Beech put together a great drive to make it 24-23 with 4:42 left in the game. Beech decided to try for two and Gallatin's D stopped them.

Gallatin got the ball back, was forced to punt, and Meadows returned it to around the 30-35 yard line of Gallatin with just over two minites remaining. At this point it looked like the game was Beech's, because their kicker has great range. But rather than run the ball straight and set up the game winning FG, Beech ran a sweep play and Meadows fumbeled it and Gallatin took over. Ball game.

I must say, I was very impressed with Beech's kids. They have a lot of guys that played both ways and they hung in there. Meadows is a player, a PTPer for sure. I have nothing but respect for that team and coaching staff. I hope they have a lot of success in the playoffs.

Guest region4fan

Thanks for the recap. This sounds like it was a barn-burner. Congrats on your 10-0 season!I will bet there was standing room only at this game! Who do you play next week?

Centennial I think.

If Centennial won its them, if they lost it might be Henry Co. I would think Centennial could beat Clarksville though.

This is the way it should pan out:

Centennial at Gallatin

Dickson Co. at Beech (Beech wants revenge for that one)

H'ville at Franklin (rematch of the first round last year)

Hunters Lane at Brentwood

If all of the higher seeds win the first round it would be:

Franklin at Gallatin

Beech at Brentwood

I personally, think that these two regions are the best in 5A this year. I know region four would like to say otherwise, but top to bottom I think these two are better.

Just my opinion.

It was great football game. Beech played hard and it could have gone either way. Gallatin however did not in my opinion their best game. They missed multiple tackles when given opportunities. Granted Beech had a lot to do with that.

I was a little disappionted in some of the Buc players.(11,9) They were way too cocky. That #11 talked after the game was decided and then ran off the field like he was not going to shake hands. He did come back to his credit. And Meadows even though he is a great player acted like he had not scored a touchdown before. Very cocky. But besides that and all the 15 yarders that they had it was a great ball game.

How does anyone else feel. In my eyes as Meadows goes so does Beech. Congrats Wave on a good win and an undefeated regular season! The battle has just begun!!!

Meadows was very cocky.

I'll give everyone an example of what GWAVE1 is talking about:

After every TD Meadows scored he would sprint from the endzone to about the thirty yard line, arms flailing like an idiot. I give him credit for being a heck of a back, but he needs to get over himself. And he is the ONLY weapon they have. I think it was very fitting that he coughed the ball up when the game was being decided. I don't think he liked to be hit at all. Remember, he fumbled a punt earlier in the game, heard them footsteps.

I also think it is ironic that one of the Beech fans said in the other thread earlier this week that they would win "somehow, someway", when it was really they found a way to lose it.

GWAVE1 mentioned penalties. Beech had at least three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. They may have all the heart in the world, but they don't have any sense.

Defensively Beech never did really stop Gallatin. As was suspected they are not a great defensive team. They basically hope that Meadows will make more plays then the other team. That is their whole strategy. If he gets hurt then Beech's offense totally dies.

We'll find out if they have enough to get by Dickson, but even if they do Brentwood will beat them.

Just for the record, two of the three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were started by Gallitan. For example, Gallitan had the ball in beech territory during there second touchdown drive. I noticed a Gallitan lineman blocking a blitzing linebacker. May I remind everyone that the referee wasnt even watching them. Anyways, the gallitan lineman turns around, and his chinstrap was unbuckled. The ref sees that an throws a flag! I am not a Green Wave or a Buc fan, I was just there to watch a good game, but the refing could have been better. When a referee throws a flag for somethin he didnt see, then there is somethin wrong.

So by blocking a blitzing linebacker, Gallatin "started" it?

What is he supposed to do?

And how do you know why the ref threw the flag? You do realize that kids tend to talk out there? I'm not sure what it was that drew the flag, but I wasn't five feet from it like the ref was.

But I'm really hung up on how you said Gallatin "started" it by blocking, that's a new one for me.

I am saying, why does a ref through a flag for a unbuckled chinstrap? If you are so smart, please answer me that one. I am positve thats why he through the flag because the Gallitan blocker turned around an showed the ref that his chinstrap was unbuckled, then the ref through the flag. There was no talking or anything else.

Redbaron515..... First of all, I don't care who you think started anything. If Beeches players can be goaded into penalties, then they deserve everyone they get. That shows lack of discipline. If a player didn't have his equipment properly in place--THAT is a lack of discipline. I was also wandering who would be the first to blame the officials-----

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

There is a difference between confidence and cockiness.

Congratulations to the Green Wave of Gallatin (That's Gallatin with an "a" not an "i") I have some advise for you. Learn to spell and learn the game!