region1 1a

pujo

Avery takes on Unaka and Hampton plays Cloudland.Cloudland and Hamptons varsity is only playing a quarter. Hampton is getting better every day, the passing game has improved by leaps and bounds. They looked very impressive at Avery today.

thanks pujo, was hoping South Greene would come up here, I want to see what they bring to our region.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are looking a lot better than i thought we would! Thinking we will come down and take it to Unaka this friday!

Now you said something I believe. Unaka is not much of a measureing stick. Cloudland will give you all you want. I wouldn't get to big eyed about that one.

heard the S.greene coach on the radio he was fired up they have a ton of kids coming back i think he said they had 10 starters back,the dogs & landers may have their hands full.

Glad they moved down,They should be a contender every single year.

I dont see any games on Cloudland schedule that they cant win this year, last year I knew Coalfield and Greenback would give us a whippin . If we stay healthy I think we can play with anyone on our schedule but we could also be 0 and 4 out of the gate if we arent prepared  get some bad breaks. Those are 4 tough games could go either way. Im hoping for 4 and 0 :P

Its some tough games out of the gate, but if you guys win them 4 ,you could be looking at 10 and 0. I'm a little eery of Happy Valley and JC.

Yeah im with ya. Johnson county physical play is scary from what i have seen our skill people match up but their line is all ways tough. they dont care to grind you into submission. 4 and 0 is something to wish for but will probably be somewhere in the middle.

If you are gonna dream,you might as well dream big. But I agree,its not out of the question.

Unaka had a tough time with Happy Valley tonight. Couldn't make holes to run through they were running right into our own guards. Its probably gonna be a tough year just hope they stay positive, learn from this year, and stay healthy

I'd say Happy Valley is pretty good,From what I've heard Unaka could be in for a loooonnnng year.Its a shame they can't seem to build a program. I just don't get it, I'm sure the kids are there.

I'd say Happy Valley is pretty good,From what I've heard Unaka could be in for a loooonnnng year.Its a shame they can't seem to build a program. I just don't get it, I'm sure the kids are there.

they are doing a lot of work at the jr high level. Hopefully in a few years we will see that pay off. As for this year I agree I will be surprised if we even go 1 and 9.

Now I hate to stir the pot any guys, and I know they usually have a solid team, but I have to think that South Greene won't be contending for the title this year. True, they do return a lot of players, but the return a lot of players from a team that won one game, by one point.. I see them battling with Cosby for the 3-4 spot..

Now I haven't seen them any at all, I still think Unaka will sneak out two wins this year (Hancock and TCC.) I really think they need to do what coach Mike Ensor did 10 years ago (holy crap has it really been THAT long since I played?!?!) And scheadule some teams that are more on par with Unaka's level, like Kings Academy, Jellico, Oakdale, maybe a small SW VA school, and win a few games and get morale up around the program. Getting physically beat into the ground by teams like East (I know they are horrible but the are still a 4A school) OS and Avery County do absolutely NO good for these kids. Especially if what I've read about them only having 15 or 20 players is true.