East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain Week 0

Hermit says we shoulda throw'd a "TE hot route" across the middle when they started blitzin' the LB's.  I thought we shoulda changed up the snap count and let 'em jump offsides.  Heck they wuz offsides a couple of times didn't git called.

But I do like the TE Hot Route idea.  Just a little jump pass.  'Specially when you got big #44 to chunk it to.

Just watchin't the DVR.  Chop block call was BS. baby.gif

Watched it on TV. I couldn't get a feel for the game. It was either a slow field or neither team has great overall speed. The Herndon? kid can run in the open. Wasn't really that physical a game until the 4 th quarter that's when you could hear the pads popping on every play. Both lines stood straight up before they made contact. Stay low drive into you block really expected a better game. Maybe it was the field condition hard to say. Maybe it was the long delay. But both coaching staffs will not be pleased at all. The defenses dominated until the end but I'm not sure if it was cause they are good or lack of execution. Maybe a mixture. Anybody's game until the end. And when you see the replay of the last kick I promise you you will know before its going to get blocked the way they lined up and the kicker was way to close to the line. He should of been at least 2 more yds back. Not a great showing for either. Good luck the rest of the year. Would like to see them play again next week after what I know will be a hard week of practice playing for these two coaches.

Hermit says we shoulda throw'd a "TE hot route" across the middle when they started blitzin' the LB's. I thought we shoulda changed up the snap count and let 'em jump offsides. Heck they wuz offsides a couple of times didn't git called.

But I do like the TE Hot Route idea. Just a little jump pass. 'Specially when you got big #44 to chunk it to.

Just watchin't the DVR. Chop block call was BS. baby.gif

Which one? Seemed like that was the call to make when we got down inside the 30.

I don't think EH had a penalty until late 3rd or maybe 4th Qtr.

But still should have won this game. Wet conditions we shouldn't have even put anyone back to field the punt and we never should have kicked deep. Wet field with their return formation we should have kicked down the middle on the ground. Not sure what our coaches were looking at the middle of the field was wide open and a wet ball is hard to pick up and run with.

Also on our field goal attempt it was spotted only 5 yards deep. IMO the coach should have seen this and called a timeout.

Still a good non-district game.  Both teams learned a lot and will be better for it.

I still think we saw the 7AA and 5AAA District champs do battle last night. redthumb.gif:thumb:

Don't know if I'll go that far, but Signal finally learned how to play some defense.  Refs were not on the Eagles side last night. 

Great game tonight, but I do agree with Troll the officiating was not very good tonight. I still like to know what the back judge was thinking on the punt Signal fair catch and the EH kid hit him after he blew the whistle.

I would agree the stripe shirts missed some calls.... I would agree with Signal getting more missed. As for the punt I was standing 15 yards away and could here everything. The kid from East Ham pulled up he also extended his hands to not make contact. The hit was a tiny I mean tiny touch not much to it all. I do think if the kid would have given a NBA fake flop might have gotten the call also...... Trust me there were way worse calls.... But not much of a hit. Now for the refs Gate talks at them and uses pretty darn good words like Bobby Bowden used. Price and I could hear him a few times is like a mad bear and he talks to the refs like Booby Knight. Don't get many calls that way most of the time.

Signal could be very special this year don't see another big threat on there schedule. My take on Signal the O is great the big kid is a tank. I am not sure he can carry the ball 32 times a game for all 10 games even for a big guy that's a ton. If they get the short pass game in gear and throw off the T things will open up big for the backs. The big TE outside of blocking was not a factor have to get him the ball in the middle makes the backers think to much. D is very good. The field was way to wet and yes the ball was hard to see.... Delay hurt both teams. Signal should have won this one the FG was a chip shot...... Herndon just made the play not many kids get that block...... We played a very good team that is well coached, in a rough place to play, it was wet, long delay on and on we got out with a win for that I am thankful.

Only thing negative, Tent is OK, Signal's band needs to park somewhere else please put in a outlet for power near the tent and a source of water. Signal wins out! For us need some luck and some younger kids to step up..... They got an education last night.

I said who ever had the ball last wins I was close. Signal should have won this game. Canes lucky. Issues need to be fixed on both teams.

you said it ChattaOwl....good game came down to the end on guts and glory and the big play by the  D1 stud...Trey Herndon....the ball was in there hands and you slapped it out the way.... :thumb:

2 huge teams that really don't play like they look. Its hard to overstate the size of both of these teams massive. East Hams Line is monstrous and Signal's whole team looks like they live in the weight room and tall. Too bad neither team play nearly as physical as they look. East ham needs to learn how to tackle and Signal needs to work on their wing t. Very slow developing.

2 huge teams that really don't play like they look. Its hard to overstate the size of both of these teams massive. East Hams Line is monstrous and Signal's whole team looks like they live in the weight room and tall. Too bad neither team play nearly as physical as they look. East ham needs to learn how to tackle and Signal needs to work on their wing t. Very slow developing.

East Hamilton has got a darn good team but so does Signal Mountain. This was the Chattanooga battle of the Titans. Good Luck to Your Ridgeland team against Calhoun that will be a d*mn good game.

East Hamilton has got a darn good team but so does Signal Mountain. This was the Chattanooga battle of the Titans. Good Luck to Your Ridgeland team against Calhoun that will be a d*mn good game.

No doubt both teams are very good. I'd say they are probably better than Ridgeland. But based on size, both teams should be better than what they are. Something is missing from East Ham's running game. With that Oline, and that speed, they should be a beast. Maybe they are missing Lojack, but I think they just aren't physical enough. Defensively their tackling technique was poor. The wing T should be a lot more deceptive than Signal was last night. They basically look like they are just running the ball with 2 less blockers because they are making you think the backs who don't get the ball, might get the ball. If East Ham could tackle it would have been a long night for their offense.

No doubt both teams are very good. I'd say they are probably better than Ridgeland. But based on size, both teams should be better than what they are. Something is missing from East Ham's running game. With that Oline, and that speed, they should be a beast. Maybe they are missing Lojack, but I think they just aren't physical enough. Defensively their tackling technique was poor. The wing T should be a lot more deceptive than Signal was last night. They basically look like they are just running the ball with 2 less blockers because they are making you think the backs who don't get the ball, might get the ball. If East Ham could tackle it would have been a long night for their offense.

East Hamilton's running game isn't clicking yet. Biggest improvement is from game one to game two.