East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain Week 0

Don't think there will be much smack talking on here about this game.  Both teams have the athletic ability and coaching to win this game.  The game will be won by the players on the field.  Whichever team best executes their game plan will win.

Obviously, I believe Signal will win, but it is up to the players.

One thing is certain.  Both teams will be much better for having played a quality non-district opponent.  This game will be very physical, and I hope both teams come away without any significant injuries.

I've held my comments to myself until now. I have not followed either team like I have in the past. Nothing would be better than my Eagles to beat the Canes. Both teams looked pretty flat in the Jamboree, but that is not "real" football. All I can say is I hope the Canes come to play 4 quarters, b/c our boys are ready to play 5. Go Eagles.

Oh and Heardon is the real deal. He just drips of Division 1 talent.

I've held my comments to myself until now. I have not followed either team like I have in the past. Nothing would be better than my Eagles to beat the Canes. Both teams looked pretty flat in the Jamboree, but that is not "real" football. All I can say is I hope the Canes come to play 4 quarters, b/c our boys are ready to play 5. Go Eagles.

Oh and Heardon is the real deal. He just drips of Division 1 talent.

Last year lot of talk, I knew we were very good and that we would win, not by 41. I have no clue what will happen Friday night. Do I think we have the talent to win yes, But I think Signal does also.

Honestly.....whether the teams were fudging or not......Im sure Gatewood didnt tell his line to close the holes for rb.....and Fant didnt tell his offense to stink.......and Bryan didnt tell his defense to miss tackles.....some things were exposed and need to get fixed and has changed  the perception and predictions...you can't ignore that.......and teams will capitalize on weaknesses that they saw with their own eyes......I told you our secondary was young and it showed......not sure about how Eagles will fair against the Canes reading some of the post of not stopping the run....but it is a home(cookin) game...and you always have a shot at home......

On paper EH should win. They have twice the students and twice the prospects. They are bigger and have an experienced QB. It will be an upset if SM wins. That all being said, SM has been tested in the preseason playing three 6A teams, two DII schools and solid Ridgeland team. They played well in each scrimmage. They will not be in awe of EH. It should be interesting!

On paper EH should win. They have twice the students and twice the prospects. They are bigger and have an experienced QB. It will be an upset if SM wins. That all being said, SM has been tested in the preseason playing three 6A teams, two DII schools and solid Ridgeland team. They played well in each scrimmage. They will not be in awe of EH. It should be interesting!

Wow,I didn't know that SM scrimmaged with Ridgeland. Ridgeland is as tough as it gets They lost the State Championship game to Sandy Creek last season.

Dang Troll. You might ought to check that treetop man's math out. He listed 6 scrimmages there. That fellow you don't like so much sure wouldn't take kindly to that.... :rolleyes:

This should be a great game. I have to go with the Canes just so Troll won't like me so much... :D

Schools in TN can play as many scrimmages as needed..we played 5 plus the jamboree..hopefully EH will soften SM up for us :)

It's #1 vs. #7 according to http://www.nooga.com/163067/the-nooga-nine/

Edited by TynerRamFan

Honestly.....whether the teams were fudging or not......Im sure Gatewood didnt tell his line to close the holes for rb.....and Fant didnt tell his offense to stink.......and Bryan didnt tell his defense to miss tackles.....some things were exposed and need to get fixed and has changed  the perception and predictions...you can't ignore that.......and teams will capitalize on weaknesses that they saw with their own eyes......I told you our secondary was young and it showed......not sure about how Eagles will fair against the Canes reading some of the post of not stopping the run....but it is a home(cookin) game...and you always have a shot at home......

???? Had 4 running plays that would be used, and 2 pass plays to be used. 3 of the running plays netted 11 yards, and 9 yards and 6 yard. about 5 netted nothing 1 -2. There was an issue at one side of the line. The passing plays had a few miss thrown, one was a wide open TD, another hit a kid in the hands that was 6. The Canes played average D. ND had one big O play. Yes, we were flat that is what got Gate fierd up. ND nor us got 80 yard drives right down our throat...... You did. As for home cooking the refs will be calling other games down the road do not buy it. now go to McMinn or Polk we will talk.