Dyersburg Trojans vs JCM Cougars Week 0

specialed

Half a hundred in the first game??? Where u at Ed???

Right here Purple, I told you I would be here all season and going nowhere.  Yeah, JCM has problems on defense that will be addressed.  The score really is not reflective of the game though.  About 3 very questionable calls at pivotal times have to factored in, but not blaming the refs.  Dyersburg will be a force to reckon with this year.  One game will not define the season, there are 9 left and all the district games have yet to be played.  JCM will still be a strong 3A team at the end of season.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here Purple, I told you I would be here all season and going nowhere.  Yeah, JCM has problems on defense that will be addressed.  The score really is not reflective of the game though.  About 3 very questionable calls at pivotal times have to factored in, but not blaming the refs.  Dyersburg will be a force to reckon with this year.  One game will not define the season, there are 9 left and all the district games have yet to be played.  JCM will still be a strong 3A team at the end of season.

Ed... I wasn't at the game. But I heard you guys looked very good at times. Definitely can produce big plays with your speed. Just need to be able to sustain drives. This will help your defense by keeping the other team's offense off the field. This is what I am hearing at least.

Ed... I wasn't at the game. But I heard you guys looked very good at times. Definitely can produce big plays with your speed. Just need to be able to sustain drives. This will help your defense by keeping the other team's offense off the field. This is what I am hearing at least.

You hit the nail on the head.  Unfortunately we won't get a true look at improvement Friday night...we play Fayette Ware.  Practice makes perfect though and we will be definitely working on us and preparing for Ripley.  If we were to lose to Fayette Ware there isn't too much to look forward to.  So I expect a lot of repetition from the starters till the 4th qtr.  The run game wasn't bad against Dyersburg but yeah we do have to help our defense by giving them longer breaks until they hit their stride.  Tough one against Lexington, I heard.

That is a fair assessment. All of the JCM touchdowns had a big play moment (2 kick returns, 50+ yard play on the opening drive, 30+ pass play on their other TD drive). Would be interested in seeing the time of possession stat from the game. Big plays are great and they count as points, but they do not wear out a defense. Dyersburg had a solid run defense, holding JCM under 50 yards. It's early, though, with lots of football remaining for both squads. 

That is a fair assessment. All of the JCM touchdowns had a big play moment (2 kick returns, 50+ yard play on the opening drive, 30+ pass play on their other TD drive). Would be interested in seeing the time of possession stat from the game. Big plays are great and they count as points, but they do not wear out a defense. Dyersburg had a solid run defense, holding JCM under 50 yards. It's early, though, with lots of football remaining for both squads.

42 to be exact.

It is true you guys dominated on defense but you are over exaggerating your stats.  JCM picked up around 44 yards rushing on the first drive alone.  You do remember the 38 yard gain on about the fifth play of the game.  94 rushing yards total for the game.  You guys did good but please be truthful with your stats.