Dyersburg Trojans vs JCM Cougars Week 0

specialed

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just shows that you have no idea of West Tennessee Football.  Why do you post if you are no sense of football?  Terrance Kinnie was only a dynamic playmaker at quarterback last year, 3 year starter, and oh by the way West Tennessee Sophmore of the Year by Jackson Sun.  You wouldn't know that though since you really don't know football.  Don't further embarrass yourself or I can post the twitter messages that have been sent. Oh, you are a parent of 64 or number 64 himself.  Note taken.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong on your assumptions concerning me...like 'mg' says DHS is an acadamics 1st program ..always has been always will be...ive been a fan of West Tn fb for 50+ years  ..also 'dhstennis' has no connections with the Trojan program ..in fact he may live right around the corner from you so he knows Jackson athletes  ...    btw tear up your note(s) as your imaginations are running wild

Edited by DHSFB64

Northside looked really strong today in their scrimmage at Dburg.

Dburg has a lot of work to do. look out for Northside.

Northside looked really strong today in their scrimmage at Dburg.

Dburg has a lot of work to do. look out for Northside.

I'll be the first to say JCM scrimmaged Martin Westview at UTM today and found out all the wheels aren't quite rolling.  More grease is needed.  Both teams will have to correct faults so the 23rd is getting more interesting.  You see guys I'm not as one sided as you think, I report the facts.   :oops:  :oops:

covington beat trezevant by 5 points...covington beat milan by 2 TDs...milan beat camden by 25...Camden beat jcm by 22...

now in my mind...that is a whole lot of ground for jcm to make up...to even be close to trezevants level...22+25+14-5=56

so by my totally unscientific sciencetific hypothesis...trezevant was 56 points a game better than jcm last season

also...trezevant actually plays defense...i believe they were pretty large as well...something jcm is not...Kris Todd isnt able to play each oline position every snap...and i dont recall him playing defense at all tuesday at usj

ED...go check out the scores of trezevants games last season...they had 5 shutouts last year...5...it took a while but i checked...for JCM to have 5 shutout performances total...not in 1 season...but the last 5 total...the 5th one...or 1st however u wana count it goes all the way back to october 21, 2005...until now...jcm has had all of 5 shutouts by the defense...that is some serious ground to make up

Covington beat Milan by 11pts.... but I agree with what you are saying. 

I didn't see the game in person but have seen the film.  All I can say is Trezevant was just throwing backyard bombs, whereas JCM have a crisp passing attack and awesome run attack this year, pick your poison.  I will let you know how the scrimmage turn out against Martin Westview today at UTM.  They are Preseason 3A ranked 6 or 7th in the state.  JCM will familiarize themselves with turf today.  Come up and watch at 4:45

Only BS is my Bachelor's Degree. :roflol:  :roflol:  :roflol:  :roflol:   

Who has them ranked 6th or 7th in the state preseason.  There is no preseason AP poll and neither Donovan Stewart or Murphy Fair has them in their top 10.  So who are you talking about???  Martin will not even sniff the top 10 this year. 

Dburg knew going into the scrimmage they would be out manned,as they were with out the services of their starting tailback, fullback, one receiver, lineman, defensive end, safety.

Weird scrimmage format as you got 10 snaps, then went into regular 1st downs. The positves and negatives for Dyersburg were

Dyersburg was able to score without those key offensisive starters

Dyersburg defense did a good job of keeping northside running game in check most of the time

Dyersburgs db's and a few back up players in key positions have a lot of work to do.

Northside torched dyersburg's db''s and saftey all during the scrimmage, and made a lot of big plays. Our DB's must learn and get better.

If dyersburg stays healthy and gets their bugs worked out on defense, then they are going to be a very good team.

I know NS graduated a lot, but they got the tools to work with and speed galore. They are a big play team. They should make some noise in their region. Would not be surprised to see the Indians playing in the quarter finals.

Edited by mg

Who has them ranked 6th or 7th in the state preseason.  There is no preseason AP poll and neither Donovan Stewart or Murphy Fair has them in their top 10.  So who are you talking about???  Martin will not even sniff the top 10 this year. 

That was a mistake....must be an old ranking in Murphy Fair  http://www.murphyfair.com/preseasonpolls.html

I'll be the first to say JCM scrimmaged Martin Westview at UTM today and found out all the wheels aren't quite rolling.  More grease is needed.  Both teams will have to correct faults so the 23rd is getting more interesting.  You see guys I'm not as one sided as you think, I report the facts.   :oops:  :oops:

ED...what was the scrimmage like...mg and the guys are giving us some examples of what was good and bad at their scrimmage...would u do the same

score???

run game???

pass attack???

dline???

ED...what was the scrimmage like...mg and the guys are giving us some examples of what was good and bad at their scrimmage...would u do the same

score???

run game???

pass attack???

dline???

score???

run game???

pass attack???

dline???

4-2 Martin

run game was good except for two fumbles, backs were breaking runs, a couple blown blocking assignments led to penetration that caused fumbles

Pass attack was average at best with receivers dropping 2 sure touchdowns

D-line took a step backwards yesterday with below average play

JCM came off the bus and straight to the field with little warm up.  Just were not themselves but credit to Martin who weren't a great team but very polished on assignments and decent size.

Back to the lab for adjustments, that's what scrimmages are for though.  Coach said he wanted to concentrate on who he could depend on and quality back ups and new plays introduced into offense.  Guess they need more work.  JCM will be ready for Dyersburg on the 23rd though.

Edited by specialed