District 15 A

Adamsville has too much depth and too many horses for a 'couple of skill players to compete. TCA might score some, but won't be able to stop the big backs from moving the chains without stuffing the box...the 'Cards are capable enough in the air to make anyone pay for that tactic. Might be close at first but all that beef will wear the Lions down sooner or later, and the yardage will come in bigger and bigger chunks.

"Couple of skill players". I'm surprised by your comment because you typically know a lot about TCA or at least you have in the past. There are 7 or 8 skill players that any team at any HS level would love to have but as you said the big horses up front are the issue. Aville does have great backs and big linemen so that will be a problem and a challenge but I don't think they will be able to keep TCA from scoring. The question is going to be can TCA stop Aville from scoring every time. TCA will have to have 4 or 5 good stops to win game. I'm not sure if they can do that especially since their only 2 Starting Seniors on defense will be out first 3 games due to discipline issues. They may not have been able to stop them with those guys but it will be even more difficult without them. Next year will be the year everyone better look out for TCA. Almost everyone will be back in 2015 including all the skill players except receiver Diggs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flip Riverside and JCS and I think that you will have it correct. While it is no secret who I support, Adamsville is king until they are knocked from their throne.

Riverside's Ward has the tools, but in all honesty lacks the needed supporting cast. You must have more than one go to guy. I feel that JCS will be the more well rounded team than Riverside.

very wise post

Tca is loaded with players that can compete. but to your point about playing a bunch of freshmen and sophomore last couple of years so have we. It will be a big game early in the season and whichever team can get out of the gate faster is in the drivers seat for the rest of the district. Don't sleep on the lions from Scotts hill. They have a new coach and will be well coached unlike in the last few years. TCA will have to find somme way to stop the A'ville defense which just possibly could be more talented than last years defense. Riverside starts a new era as well but unless they find someone to help Ward it is not enough. JCS returns to D1 with there handpicked group of players so you cant count them out. Depth will play a role in the big games. You can only take so much of those meat boys laying and pushing you around before you just get tired. Middleton will bring up the bottom this year. I see the district finishing as follows. number one is no secret.

Adamsville has too much depth and too many horses for a 'couple of skill players to compete. TCA might score some, but won't be able to stop the big backs from moving the chains without stuffing the box...the 'Cards are capable enough in the air to make anyone pay for that tactic. Might be close at first but all that beef will wear the Lions down sooner or later, and the yardage will come in bigger and bigger chunks.

It will be meat vs skill. Aville has more size and strength but TCA has more skill players. TCA has played Aville the last two years with strictly freshmen and Sophs. It will be Sophs and juniors this year so it should be more competitive.

I think it will be meat+skill VS skill, A'ville has in my opinion the best player in west tenn in # 7 . Not to mention two or three other all-state players coming back ! Your QB is a great player but its hard to throw when your getting a steady dose of silver helmet ! But this is just an opinion , these young men will be the ones deciding the outcome ! Good luck to all teams in 15a ! Can't wait to get this season started !

"Couple of skill players". I'm surprised by your comment because you typically know a lot about TCA or at least you have in the past. There are 7 or 8 skill players that any team at any HS level would love to have but as you said the big horses up front are the issue. Aville does have great backs and big linemen so that will be a problem and a challenge but I don't think they will be able to keep TCA from scoring. The question is going to be can TCA stop Aville from scoring every time. TCA will have to have 4 or 5 good stops to win game. I'm not sure if they can do that especially since their only 2 Starting Seniors on defense will be out first 3 games due to discipline issues. They may not have been able to stop them with those guys but it will be even more difficult without them. Next year will be the year everyone better look out for TCA. Almost everyone will be back in 2015 including all the skill players except receiver Diggs.

I re-read my post and it did sound as if I was slighting TCA, which I had no intent to do. TCA is a very good 1A football team... A'ville is a very good football team with the depth to compete in AA or AAA. Solid defense, good receivers, big strong line, and big tough backs with little dropoff off the bench combined with numbers sufficient to play offense/defense only and you have the combination to get to Cookeville... again. TCA is no slouch, just not enough depth and muscle.

I dunno I looked at everything again and Adamsville did graduate 20+ seniors last year so they might be down and have to prove themselves this year. I still think that they will be the best team in the district though.

I won't argue that they will most likely be the best team in district due to Neary being back and their horses on both lines but I do think with those young TCA boys finally maturing physically it will be a more competitive game. Aville hasn't seen our stud soph RB yet. He wasn't eligible last year as a freshman and would have started. He will add a whole new dimension to the spread offense. He's 6'0 and 195. He played basketball last year for TCA and was eligible. Played a lot on BB team and was a big reason for BB teams success. TCA will now have best passing attack in West Tenn and a stud RB to compliment. Big question is going to be defense and if offensive line can give Akin just enough time. As Trader said depth could be determining factor. A lot of TCA boys go both ways due to only 28-30 players. Aville has enough players to go one way or if they go both they can get some rest. That comes into play in the second half when the plyboys start laying all over the skinny boys. Aville is no doubt favorite but I think it will be closer than the Aville fans think. I also wouldn't count JCS out. They have some skilled players as well but also struggle with depth. If TCA and JCS merged we would still be a smaller school than Aville. That would be a fun game! Lol