Any talent in Region 1?

jakefromstatefarm

Spangler has worked hard all summer, traveling to many tournament in addition to private training. He was a region champion last year so I'm not sure it will suprise anyone in Region 1, but he will do well this year. Of course, given how weak Region 1 has been historically, he may suprise other regions. ;)

I will be rooting for him. Really. Good luck to him, love to see hard work and going the extra mile pay off.

Actually no, its not true at all but since you said he had been sitting at home all summer and not wrestling which is also untrue, I just assumed I would add more untruth! haha

Corbin does not enjoy freestyle but that doesn't mean he is sitting at home all summer. He has spent a ton of time on the mat this summer in camps and private training. Hes also pretty busy with football and lifting but he will be ready when the season starts.

Thanks for asking!

Thanks humor and there are a few from AAA region 1 that people should be mentioned when it comes to "who to watch at the state level" in region 1. Here's the list and Ive put together.

Max Vaughn-12(Science Hill)

Austin Frye-12(Dobyns Bennett)

Austin Bagley-12(Science Hill)

Josh Spangler-12(TN High)

Palmer Begely-11(Dobyns Bennett)

Griffen Broyles-11(Morristown West)

Storm Williams-11(Morristown East)--he's had a great off season

Tyler Dean-11(Dobyns Bennett)

Landon Porter-11(Morristown East)

Corbin Hurley-10(TN High)

Thank you so much. I've been looking for a list like this.

Nothing uneducated about the statement " historically one of the weaker regions " at all. 100% accurate and politely understated. Doesn't mean, and I never said , they haven't had ANY success. It also doesn't mean the region's future can't be brighter.

Success is relative to the program & individuls expectations. For some schools winning a region championship is being ultra successful. One school (I refuse to name the school) put the state runner-up trophy in the trash dumpster. For the elite programs anything less than a national championship is a bad season.

Thanks humor and there are a few from AAA region 1 that people should be mentioned when it comes to "who to watch at the state level" in region 1. Here's the list and Ive put together.

Max Vaughn-12(Science Hill)

Austin Frye-12(Dobyns Bennett)

Austin Bagley-12(Science Hill)

Josh Spangler-12(TN High)

Palmer Begely-11(Dobyns Bennett)

Griffen Broyles-11(Morristown West)

Storm Williams-11(Morristown East)--he's had a great off season

Tyler Dean-11(Dobyns Bennett)

Landon Porter-11(Morristown East)

Corbin Hurley-10(TN High)

Actually It goes like this sci- hill and greeneville last year would have been a likely a greeneville win - last year -  And DB is usually a close match with the Hill 

Adding to your list 215

John Boatman Sr -Greeneville - should win state this year - probably cruises with the split

Josh Spangler Sr -THS - will go to state as usual and hopefully will win some matches - has a good chance to do well

Ethan Morelock Sr -Hill - at somepoint you got to think with his 6 or 7 years experience should be productive

Hunter Bagley So -Hill will go to state and will improve on 38 wins as a freshman

up and comming 106 lb Freshman at the hill will be noteworthy

Gary Hudgins Sr -Hill will have a good shot at placing this year needs to continue to get stronger and stop sucking so much weight - wrestling apptitude and ability is very good

Not to put pressure on them ;) but Austin Bagley, Palmer Begley, Max Vaughn, and hopefully Corbin Hurley will place this year and be competetive against anyone they wrestle 

There are a few others in the region that I dont know quite well enough or do know well enough and hope to see 2nd year growth at the varsity level that can go a long way and depending on self belief and hard work can make an impression at state.  Also I just dont see the other kids in the region enough or remember them all to make a case but I am sure I missed a few gems... 

Actually It goes like this sci- hill and greeneville last year would have been a likely a greeneville win - last year - And DB is usually a close match with the Hill

I would loved to have gotten that match. I'm always up for a little brotherly competition! Unfortunately, it never happened, so we will never know how it would have turned out.

Not taking any credit from my brother and Randy, but I'm not so sure that match would have been a Greeneville win. As you said, DB was extremely close twice last year. The Greeneville/DB match ended in a 55-15 win for DB. Granted, Jon wasn't in the lineup. But Atlas made a decent fill in saving a few points as DB forfeited 113. Otherwise, I think the match went how it should have.

Greeneville peaked at the perfect time and had an amazing state tournament! Very proud of my brother and my alumni!.... But I also don't take losing to my younger brother lightly. The older brother always has to win! Lol!

Edited by KingGreene

I would loved to have gotten that match. I'm always up for a little brotherly competition! Unfortunately, it never happened, so we will never know how it would have turned out.

Not taking any credit from my brother and Randy, but I'm not so sure that match would have been a Greeneville win. As you said, DB was extremely close twice last year. The Greeneville/DB match ended in a 55-15 win for DB. Granted, Jon wasn't in the lineup. But Atlas made a decent fill in saving a few points as DB forfeited 113. Otherwise, I think the match went how it should have.

Greeneville peaked at the perfect time and had an amazing state tournament! Very proud of my brother and my alumni!.... But I also don't take losing to my younger brother lightly. The older brother always has to win! Lol!

Maybe you can help get that match scheduled this year. Unfortunately I haven't seen it in the 3 years.

For the most part Science Hill had a larger margin of victory in the match ups both teams shared. Greeneville beat East Ridge where the Hill struggled but that's about it. Both teams had up and down times and battles with flu (DB) thru the season but when Greeneville peaked timing was perfect and they were a solid team.

I sure would like to see it this year. The Hill is going to be better and I think Greeneville won't be too shabby for a little A//AA team.

Help make that happen buddy.