Greeneville Greene Devils 2013

Yes, of course the 27 year old first year head coach would certainly know the level of competition across the great state of Tennessee...

He would know just as well or more than you. He's not the only one to say that. Neutral reporters say that as well, ya know the people with out either Maroon or Green glasses.

He would know just as well or more than you. He's not the only one to say that. Neutral reporters say that as well, ya know the people with out either Maroon or Green glasses.

I'm probably just as neutral about Fulton football as the next old lady in South Carolina and I can honestly say that I would not set a great store in Tobi Kilgore's  opinion of who the best team in the state is in week 0(you do realize he has a very limited point of reference, right?)...or anybody else's for that matter. It is after all week 0.

Edited by barb

What If Powell goes 2-8? You still gonna brag about a week 0 win that was irrelevant? I mean what makes you so amazing against a team that's down this year

No i'm going to brag about the other 9 games we win, we play another good 5A school next week, we're going to crush them too.  Powell was ranked 6th in the paper yesterday, you guys were 11th fyi. We were 2nd. Like I said earlier it's not just Powells HC that think we're awesome, I just used him as a reference.  I understand it's hard for you guys to accept how great we are, but all of you need to go ahead and come to terms with it now.

Edited by Bill4volz

No i'm going to brag about the other 9 games we win, we play another good 5A school next week, we're going to crush them too.  Powell was ranked 6th in the paper yesterday, you guys were 11th fyi. We were 2nd. Like I said earlier it's not just Powells HC that think we're awesome, I just used him as a reference.  I understand it's hard for you guys to accept how great we are, but all of you need to go ahead and come to terms with it now.

That would be the Knoxville paper...the one with the neutral reporters?

That would be the Knoxville paper...the one with the neutral reporters?

Barb, just have some of your guys contact coach Nix at Alcoa. I'm sure he would be willing to give a few tips on how to slow down that Falcon attack. It was fairly easy last year from what I remember. Heck, it's been pretty easy the last several years! Lol! Good luck to the Devils!

Barb, just have some of your guys contact coach Nix at Alcoa. I'm sure he would be willing to give a few tips on how to slow down that Falcon attack. It was fairly easy last year from what I remember. Heck, it's been pretty easy the last several years! Lol! Good luck to the Devils!

Yea Alcoa has had upper hand the last few years .. aside from 2006 I think when we came and beat the Cobb led Tornado's .. but if it was so easy to defend the Falcons then why did Rankin refuse to play this year .. I know the reason ... he remembers what reports he got back from his frosh and jv teams coach a couple years back when the Falcons won 35-6 .. he knew a loss was on the horizon and didnt want it .. its crazy for them not tp play Fulton when both had the same open date to fill a 10th game .. and repeatedly Rankin said NO. Instead Alcoa is bringing in some rinky dink team from Nashville who only had 20 players last year and got hammered last year .. and Fulton had to go to KY for a 10 th game because of it .. so yea Alcoa has won the most .. but it would have been different this year ..and Rankin opted to wuss out.       

Bill -- you need to take a breath and calm down .. Falcons have played one game .. yea they looked very good but alot of things to improve on .. tackling and such ... one game at  a time .. quit talking about 9 more wins .. next week game against 6A Bearden will be  a tough test even though they lost by a bunch at Sevier Co - Bearden will try to run run right at Falcons and control clock ..any coach that got any sense will have to try to do that to beat them .. teams will have to keep ball away from Falcon offense. Bearden had good success runnign football with big tailback qnd big line ..so there are lots of tests still to come to see if Falcons can handle that .. let Greeneville talk and when season gets toward the end we will see who is there and how it ends up. Greeneville has won 2 Gold Balls .. we the Falcons have 4 Gold Balls so yes they deserve respect as a team that has been there and done it.  Good Luck to the Devils unless they are playing Fulton. 

• 2 weeks later...