District 4AA this season

QSouth89

Curious do you know what is the girls side of Catholic is like this year with all the changes and loss of seniors?  I hear the boys have some young talent this year.

The girls lost a lot of seniors and Hanna Hopson tore her ACL during summer team camp. They are hoping she can return in January. The only players returning that played major minutes last year are Brittany Scott, Allie McLaughlin, and Susan Kenny.  Kenny is the only returning starter. Hanna McCormick also returns after not playing last year.  It'll be interesting to see who steps up and who shows leadership.  Coach Bowers will do a good job.  If Kenny and Hanna Mac, can provide some scoring and Scott and McLaughlin hit the boards the Lady Irish can make the region.  With only 5 teams it should be possible.  CAK's girls will be very talented and I couldn't tell you anything about the rest of the district.

The girls lost a lot of seniors and Hanna Hopson tore her ACL during summer team camp. They are hoping she can return in January. The only players returning that played major minutes last year are Brittany Scott, Allie McLaughlin, and Susan Kenny.  Kenny is the only returning starter. Hanna McCormick also returns after not playing last year.  It'll be interesting to see who steps up and who shows leadership.  Coach Bowers will do a good job.  If Kenny and Hanna Mac, can provide some scoring and Scott and McLaughlin hit the boards the Lady Irish can make the region.  With only 5 teams it should be possible.  CAK's girls will be very talented and I couldn't tell you anything about the rest of the district.

Is the other Hopson twin not playing?

Practice officially starts Monday. Catholic is headed to Heritage next Saturday to play in their play day.

Just heard the CC/ Scott scrimmage is a three teamer, with William Blount. If I make it thru, Thursday at OR, and Friday at Powell, and my wife doesn't kill me, I might try and catch some of this. Scott will be playing two AAA schools and that'll he play them in the long run. Did hear they lost a player to a knee injury in football Friday night. Not confirmed, just rumor.

Went up to CC today to watch scrimmages with WB and Scott high. First off, CC won both games. But, Scott plated right with them. They have a real big kid that has decent post moves. They have a really nice PG. talked to Laverdire, and the kid that got hurt in fball is having MRI this week. I think if he plays and is as good as jarred says, Scott will be a tough out. They play very, very, hard. I did notice they have some real good looking freshman. So hopefully there in for a few years of competive ball up in Scott co.

I saw Catholic beat CC this summer over at Karns (yes, I know it's hard to gauge from summer) with their freshman team. Won by double digits, not sure if CC had all their players there. With the Irish being placed in Quad 2 for the playoffs it could be a rough few weeks if Catholic makes a run. They will only have 6 till football ends.

CC was and are missing 5 players to football. Two will probably be starters in Torres and 6'5" Phillips. Also think Gillenwater got hurt over there, Doubt if Catholics freshman could beat CC. Summer is a different animal and all coaches approach it differently. I know they played a lot of freshman over at Grace, but only two saw the floor yesterday, that I saw.

Summer is a different animal, like I said hard to gauge, but at Karns, CC played their varsity, I saw the same CC kids play in the Rocky Top as well. Not trying to say catholic is better then CC or vice versa just making a comment about what I saw this summer. Catholic had to bring their young kids due to summer vacations and individual football camps. Catholic has a very talented group of freshman who've played against high school age teams in AAU and have played against some of the top ranked basketball players in country. If they ever play I doubt they will be intimated by CC. When you have kids spending their springs playing high school kids from Atlanta, Chicago, Charlotte, Louisville, and Miami playing teams in east TN wouldn't phase them. I hope you can see why I'm so high on these freshman. I don't know what Grace has. I heard the shoot the three ball. Catholic has 9 in football can't even scrimmage in practice let alone play in one.

In all honesty the Irish will be young and will go through growing pains. With out Jordan Anderson it will be tough. Good luck to CC this season. I did say in another topic that I think they will be a dark horse this year. Very physical and aggressive team that plays hard. Who stood out at the scrimmage?

Gillenwater, Cain ( I think from Stone), and a big kid inside for CC. They shot it very well in both games.

Scott, has a really nice looking guard that can shoot, pass, defend. They had one real big kid, maybe 6'6" inside that's very physical. They have two other bigger kids, like 6'2". Really good looking freshman class.

WB, has a big guy inside that has really good post moves, shoots with both hands, just couldn't finish the three footers yesterday. They have a couple nice guards, and couple big kids off the bench. Should be a lot better than last year.

CC has the Griffith boy out with bad ankle, Housley said heck be a starter when he comes back.

Gillenwater was probably the best there yesterday, he just has unlimited range. Probably had 10 threes in the two games.