District 4AA this season

QSouth89

Cak lost nick Campbell and Brett Kendrick. They return everyone else. Look for freshman qb cole smith to make an impact and Lucas Campbell should have a very good year. Lee could miss till Christmas. Keck is back.

Alcoa should be good and I'm sure catholic will be right there with them. We split with Alcoa last year and lost our last two to catholic. Hard to judge the catholic games being they were in November and cak didn't have its football players which have been a huge part of their team.

My thoughts would be catholic and Alcoa at top followed by Scott cak and Kingston in no particular order. I will say this I think Scott county will be a tough team this year.

Cak lost nick Campbell and Brett Kendrick. They return everyone else. Look for freshman qb cole smith to make an impact and Lucas Campbell should have a very good year. Lee could miss till Christmas. Keck is back.

Alcoa should be good and I'm sure catholic will be right there with them. We split with Alcoa last year and lost our last two to catholic. Hard to judge the catholic games being they were in November and cak didn't have its football players which have been a huge part of their team.

My thoughts would be catholic and Alcoa at top followed by Scott cak and Kingston in no particular order. I will say this I think Scott county will be a tough team this year.

Not sure what Kingston has but everyone should be competitive.  Based on FLMS's post CAK returns some fire power and should contend. Alcoa always has talent.  I also agree, Scott will be improved and should not be taken lightly. While the Irish have some talented young players they are still first year varsity players and will be inconsistent.  Ryan Henry, Austen Rhoades, Logan Lacy and Logan Irwin will have to provide guidance stability and leadership for the young ones.  Injuries are already taking a toll on Catholic, but other guys will have to step up.   FLMS, those CAK/Catholic games where hard to judge, CAK had guys in football, Catholic had guys just coming out of football and veteran players like Kyle Anders and Chris Cox playing with major injuries.  Since the games are now in January we will have a better gauge for those games.

Not sure what Kingston has but everyone should be competitive. Based on FLMS's post CAK returns some fire power and should contend. Alcoa always has talent. I also agree, Scott will be improved and should not be taken lightly. While the Irish have some talented young players they are still first year varsity players and will be inconsistent. Ryan Henry, Austen Rhoades, Logan Lacy and Logan Irwin will have to provide guidance stability and leadership for the young ones. Injuries are already taking a toll on Catholic, but other guys will have to step up. FLMS, those CAK/Catholic games where hard to judge, CAK had guys in football, Catholic had guys just coming out of football and veteran players like Kyle Anders and Chris Cox playing with major injuries. Since the games are now in January we will have a better gauge for those games.

Don't forget Connor Ostrowski who saw good minutes with a few starts!
  • Upvote 1

Catholic has 9 in football, Logan Irwin, Jordan Anderson (injured), Logan Lacy, Zac Jancek, Tony Scott, Luke Smith, Dawson Anderson, Chase Kuerschen, and Amari Rodgers (injured).  Catholic will be very versitile.  The only concern is the youth.  They may take some lumps early but, knowing some of those young freshman like I do (Scott, Smith, Reeder, and Kuerschen), they will rise up to the challenge and won't back down. Then you have the veteran guys like Henry, Ostrowski, Irwin, Rhodes and Lacy that have played against triple A teams for years and add experience. I like the Irish make-up.  For the first time since 2003, the Irish will be able to play more then 7 players.  Hopefully the chemistry will mesh and when Jordan Anderson returns, the Irish will be a tough team. What's scary is the Irish will lose only 2 seniors.  Henry, Reeder, Ostrowski, Rhodes, and Eli Cox will have to carry the load till the football guys get back and get their basketball legs under them.  I agree with Carzy Carolina, it's time for some hoops.

CAK has 25 players only 2 seniors (one is injured) and 3 juniors only one has experience.  The schedule is brutal early and the lack of experience will show.  However, Keck is really solid and Campbell could be as good as anyone to play at CAK when his time is up.   Depth and youth are going to be the issue.  Think Catholic might be the top team  but Once again don't sleep on Scott Co.

CAK has 25 players only 2 seniors (one is injured) and 3 juniors only one has experience.  The schedule is brutal early and the lack of experience will show.  However, Keck is really solid and Campbell could be as good as anyone to play at CAK when his time is up.   Depth and youth are going to be the issue.  Think Catholic might be the top team  but Once again don't sleep on Scott Co.

I feel your pain on brutal schedules. Catholic will play, Bearden, Maryville, Dobbyns-Bennett, Upperman, Karns, Powell, Clinton, Webb and Sullivan South before the New Year. Having a young team and playing veteran teams like those can only help.  I do think it will be a three way battle with CAK, Alcoa and Catholic.  I agree with you, if you sleep on Scott County, it'll bite you.

Heard from a guy at work that has nephew on Campbell County team, that they were scrimmaging Scott co. At CC. I know CC beat them pretty bad last year and CC is kinda down and Scott's on way up. So when I hear or see Scott I will report back to you. I agree with you guys, if your football teams play a lot in November, don't take Scott lightly. Anyone who knows Laverdire, knows his team will play hard.