8-AA 2013-14

dctiger

No disrespect meant Pinkman. I was just being sarcastic at how most on here assumes this is a 2 team race. It seemed you were insinuating the same. No team in the mix has a win to write home about. If I had to pick a favorite so far it would have to be CC (based on records). The 7th will answer a few questions but prob not change anyone's mind on their teams chances. I don't think there is a 10 pt difference in any of the top 4 or 5 teams in this district on any given night. Good luck to all teams, I will stick with mine until someone from this district, region, or section can change my mind. :popcorneater: 

Everyone else let Upperman and La beat each other up. Cannon County means to play a fast pace game with good defence. You don't have to be big to be good. I see two

No doubt your a CC lifer with that grammar and spelling ! Lol .

Let's see how far "small ball" takes you ! Lol

Don't know what fer you are getting upset about. Santa didn't come see you did he little boy. Iwouldn't have either. Thet play with the round ball. Look who i'm asking!

I have seen both teams play at DC, and in my opinion, CC is just a tad bit better than Upperman. I believe they will split their regular season games. I would be completely shocked if either team was to lose more than 2 district games. I'm not even sure they will lose 2. On any given night, I feel CC and Upperman are ten points better than anyone else in this district. LA and DC are both down, and haven't been impressed by either team. Eldridge could possibly go off one night, and LA might upset one of these teams in Hogeye. I don't see LA or DC being able to get the job done on the road. DC didn't even come close to winning at home with either team. At the start of the season, that Sparta guy was talking York way up on here. I believe he said they was really good, but im not so sure about that. I haven't seen them play, but their record is less than impressive. They have done got beat down on their home court by CC, and probably will on the road as well.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Here's a little on SC

Smith County is improving believe it or not. That may be hard to believe at 3-15 but the Owls schedule has been in Coacht's top ten toughest in AA all season. Coach Melton always has a tough schedule and he's not spared these young guys either. SC starts a senior, two juniors, a sophomore and a freshman and the first three or four subs are sophomores, so they are really young and their JV hasn't lost beating Upperman, Cannon, and Dekalb. 

As for the wins over Gordonsville and Dekalb, SC didn't seem too surprised. They played some good  ball over the summer then played Gordonsville very close the first time, then came some health problems and shooting slumps and honestly just bad play. However they seem to have corrected some of the turnover problems and the post play has been decent all year. And huge for them is the Huff kid has returned from having heart surgery. He missed several games and was obviously sick when he was trying to play before his heart issue was detected. His play was definitely a boost against Gville and DC and when he gets full force the Owls may be able to compete with most in the district. 

The SC DC game was sloppy at first. Both teams made too many turnovers in the first half but play improved in the second and in OT. Both teams played pretty good D and SC made some big shots late. DC's Bone and Lomas scored pretty well but Roller was held to 1 point which may be attributed to poor shooting and it looked like SC's defense kept DC off balance all night. Huff only had 5 but Hackett shot well and SC's guards played much better against Gville and in the second half of the DC game. 

Gordonsville and DC are pretty decent teams. If Smith County continues to get it together, things will get really interesting in the next few weeks.