8-AA 2013-14

dctiger

• 1 month later...

Figured  i would see if anyone is interested in some discussions now that the season is just a little over a month away.

I also forgot another senior; Austin Frazier, who played his freshman and sophomore year not last year. Another decent player. Maybe they can make some noise when all the new faces get used to playing together.

Worse still is that they didn't really want to rebound or play D this summer. Hope they get their heads on straight by the season opener! Jennings is a great basketball player as well TP23. And wdbryguy my picks are on the previous page.

Any truth to the rumor that Stephen Howell's little brother Braxton will be playing for the lions? He's a good player and will help them a ton if it's true.

After seeing some of the other teams play this summer, Cannon could very well be up there. But Smith looked way improved, and Macon is sort of an unknown right now. LA and UHS will be top two.

B.Howell played for DC his freshman year (this would be his junior year) and got significant playing time, and even started a couple of games. Slightly short for a post player, but can jump like crazy, is strong, and has some shooting ability as well. He moved out of state last year and ive heard from two different people that he is going to school at CCHS. But it could just be rumours.

Revised picks:

1. LA

2. UHS

3. Smith

4. Cannon (Larson may be the difference over DC)

5. DC/Macon

7. York

8. Central

Edited by dctiger

I look for LA to improve greatly over the course of the season.  The team is very young.  Eldridge is good and improving, but he will only have help from two seniors, Nivens and Maynard.   Help will come from Qualls, Crowder, Hollars, and Gore.  Not sure how, but I expect to see a much better team around tournament time.    

Sounds like alot of question marks for a few teams this season. As of now it would appear this district is more wide open than it has ever been. I know Dekalb was the regular season district champs last season but LA still got them in the district and region championship games. Until a team steps up and knocks LA off the top spot, I believe it is theirs to lose. I am seeing alot of 5th and 6th place finish predictions for DC. Hopefully they can get a team together and finish in the top half of the standings but that could be a tough task this year.