8-AA 2013-14

dctiger

DC at Warren Tuesday. Any predictions? Don't know anything about WC except that they have a new coach.

Also heard that Patterson got hurt tonight in the football game. Possibly a broken leg, but haven't heard for sure.

Im not sure what to expect, DC has won 14 out of the last 16 I believe. I know they have some impressive young players, plus a good coach can work wonders even if a team was bad the previous season.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Cannon Co started 2-0 as well with both wins being blow outs.  We have Van Buren County and Sale Creek Friday night.  I have no clue about either one, just hope they can provide a little more competition to get our kids ready for two straight AAA opponents next week.  Who does everyone else have coming up?

Well I knew losing every starter plus a few bench players would really hurt... Were 2-0 but the teams we played have lost every game so far by 50 or so points. We barely won both. Gonna be a long year in district.

The game against Grundy wasn't close--tons of turnovers and instances of sloppy play and still a 22 point win. Not as impressive as the cannon/Grundy score but oh well. Yes, Boyd was a close game, from talking to some players they were surprised to see transfers from warren on that team. Still, cannon ended up blowing that team out also. Lol, our team is definitely not as bad as some are thinking. Will we be at the top of the standings this year? Definitely not. But is team is right around where coach Martin's teams have always been; good, not AMAZING, but able to compete with almost anyone.

The last three years just had the right mix of players at the right time. And even then they were fourth in the district one of those years.

We will still have some competitive games with the top teams in 8-AA I think...and it turns out that Cannon may be one of those teams.

A little frustrated that I missed Saturdays games, since that would help me see if we're improving some (remember, Jennings had just had one day of practice before playing last Tuesday). Also remember last years team didn't look too great at the beginning either, losing to Community on their home floor and barely beating Warren at home. Let's give them time to get back in the routine of playing every week and then see where we are.

Excited to play Warren this Friday, considering I was mistaken last week.

I agree. From looking at the number of points scored by each player Saturday it definitely looks like Jennings is getting back into basketball mode. He started slow Tuesday, but Saturday scored a lot more in the games. The big thing that keeps standing out to me is Roller. 32 points, 38 points, not sure about Saturday's games, but I do know he made atleast 5-6 threes in every one of them.

Only way to describe Macon County is young, younger, and youngest, only 2 seniors on team, neither of which provide much scoring . They played Jackson County in a HOF game and beat them by 6-8 but had it stretched out to 15+ over the 1st three quarters but had some late turnovers. They were blown out by Riverdale but that was expected. MC will be a tough game this year because they have some young players that can really play. If other teams in this district are going to win it they better win it this year. MC is coming and will have a strong next 2-3 years.

Only way to describe Macon County is young, younger, and youngest, only 2 seniors on team, neither of which provide much scoring . They played Jackson County in a HOF game and beat them by 6-8 but had it stretched out to 15+ over the 1st three quarters but had some late turnovers. They were blown out by Riverdale but that was expected. MC will be a tough game this year because they have some young players that can really play. If other teams in this district are going to win it they better win it this year. MC is coming and will have a strong next 2-3 years.

Pretty sure LA had a Jr High boys team also win state. 8-AA will be La's until someone takes it from them. Glad to hear there's some young talent in MC though.