Where is all the Smith Co people

spartafire

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Smith County faithful its almost football time thank god. I have talked to several SC fans on here and in person. Around the time of the first 7 on 7 camps all the way up to the first scrimmage alot of SC folks was saying they wasnt liking what they had been seeing from the team. Lots of yalls fans were saying yall would start off the season badly. Numerous people were prediciting 1-3 or 0-4 starts. I personally have always thought yall would fair better than that. I think the most likely outcome is a 2-2 start, and was just wondering if yalls opinions on it all has changed any? Cookeville seems much improved, GHS will probably be tough as always but I expect a win. Lots of people seem to be high on Upperman but im not buying into them until they prove me wrong. I got yall at 2-2 beating Gordonsville and Upperman, but wouldnt be surprised at all to see yall sitting at 3-1 going into the York game. What do yall think, how's it going to be?

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Smith Co. should never be underestimated, no matter what coach is at the helm. To much talent and tradition. I look forward to attending the SC/Gville game again this year. Usually the only DeKalb game i miss.

I am not underestimating them, I think they will have a good year overall. Im just curious if the opinons from the fans of SC has changed any. Around a month ago or so all their opinions seemed to be all gloomy and doomy. They seemed to be happy with the way the scrimmage versus Independence went though.

Oh im sorry if it seemed like i was implying that you were. My fault. I will say that they have been quieter than usual, though. But theyve had some pretty big changes to adjust to, so IMO the silence is a bit understandable.

I would guess theyre waiting to see how the team performs in a full, real game. Should be an exciting year in 8-AA.

Oh im sorry if it seemed like i was implying that you were. My fault. I will say that they have been quieter than usual, though. But theyve had some pretty big changes to adjust to, so IMO the silence is a bit understandable.

I would guess theyre waiting to see how the team performs in a full, real game. Should be an exciting year in 8-AA.

Its cool, but nah that wasnt what I was implying at all. If you back and read my original post you will see I stated I thought they will have a good year overall, but could have a rough start. In my opinion I feel they will start 2-2 but wouldnt surprise me to see them start 3-1. I was just really wanting to know if the majority of the SC fans are still predicting a 1-3 or 0-4 start like they all seemed to be doing about a month ago. The silence is understandable but im not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. SC fans are not usually this quite one day away from their season opening game. I agree it should be a very exciting year in 8-AA. As of right now there doesnt seem to be one single dominant team that you could pick as the hands down favorite to win the district title. I truly do believe there are 4 teams that could bring home the title this year. We will know alot more about these 4 teams come tomorrow night, I cant wait!

Its cool, but nah that wasnt what I was implying at all. If you back and read my original post you will see I stated I thought they will have a good year overall, but could have a rough start. In my opinion I feel they will start 2-2 but wouldnt surprise me to see them start 3-1. I was just really wanting to know if the majority of the SC fans are still predicting a 1-3 or 0-4 start like they all seemed to be doing about a month ago. The silence is understandable but im not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. SC fans are not usually this quite one day away from their season opening game. I agree it should be a very exciting year in 8-AA. As of right now there doesnt seem to be one single dominant team that you could pick as the hands down favorite to win the district title. I truly do believe there are 4 teams that could bring home the title this year. We will know alot more about these 4 teams come tomorrow night, I cant wait!

Kind of hard to get all fired up with Alcoa on he horizon. Maybe we have someone good with a slingshot. (just kidding)