Where is all the Smith Co people

spartafire

Just waiting to see how Coach D and the new system shapes up. Seems to be looking better.  With Maynord and the system he ran, you knew what was coming..... it's still early ....The SC faithful will light it up soon........one way or the other. 

I look forward to heading to Smith County and "The hole". Great High School football atmosphere. Any good down home eating recommendations? 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear, there are a lot of people from SC that are not too optimistic about this season, hence the silence on the here.

I know many of the fans have watched scrimmages and practices, and I'm thinking they haven't liked what they saw, so they've stayed mum.

I, personally don't think they should do bad this year. Gregory, Manning and Williams are all players, and they should be able to fill the holes every where else.

They still have a good staff, so like everyone else, I'm shocked at the silence as well.

There's not even an Alcoa game thread. I'm shocked at both sides for that.

Guest Termite

From what I hear, there are a lot of people from SC that are not too optimistic about this season, hence the silence on the here.

I know many of the fans have watched scrimmages and practices, and I'm thinking they haven't liked what they saw, so they've stayed mum.

I, personally don't think they should do bad this year. Gregory, Manning and Williams are all players, and they should be able to fill the holes every where else.

They still have a good staff, so like everyone else, I'm shocked at the silence as well.

There's not even an Alcoa game thread. I'm shocked at both sides for that.

Hard to say whether have liked what they saw or not Croz.  I have watched SC scrimmage WH and I came away thinking we wouldn't win a game. I saw SC scrimmage WH in 06 and it was terrible. SC went on the semis that year. It took a year or 2 to figure out what Maynord was doing. BUT that was Maynord, This is Coach D. Just a lot of changes from the last 14 years. New HC, new system, new boosters new players on the line and defense. All takes little time for the players and fans. I myself look for results to be about the same, Win what they are supposed to, loses 1 they shouldn't and maybe win 1 they shouldn't.  

Ever traded a used boat?  You knew what you had.You could hook it up and go fishing any time. It had it's little quirks and such you knew about but it was a good boat. The boat you got now looks ok, Last night it was hooked to the hose with the ear muffs on....ran good setting in the driveway. We're waiting to get it on the water and hope there ain't any leaks we don't know about, or hope the motor don't have any problems we didn't know about.  Right now it's no the trailer being backed down the ramp.

Guest Termite

I look forward to heading to Smith County and "The hole". Great High School football atmosphere. Any good down home eating recommendations? 

Not any Mom/Pops places anymore just Timberloft right off I40. It's pretty good. The rest are chain places. There is Brenda's in Carthage.....nice little place for a quick bite.  There may be some other but I can't think of any right now. Lot's of choices in Cookville 30 minutes away.... 

I do hope the atmosphere is as good as always....Reckon what Coach D is thinking. Replacing a legend ( in these parts),  1st game being a head coach, 1st game against 1 of the best teams in the state, coached by his former HS Coach. No pressure.......Hey....get it all out of the way in 1 swoop.

I for one hope old Mike D and his fellas have a good season!  Just hope they give him the chance he deserves because he has paid his dues for this opportunity!  Week 0 hey if ya gonna have to fight a bear might as well be a grizzly not Yogi and I got a feeling he's got a hungry one fixing to come down out of East TN. I got a feeling these Owls will be a much better team in week 10  than they will be the first few.

eat before you get here, the Timberloft will be packed unless you get here early or there is also the Courtyard in Gordonsville, best burger in town there.  Also a food truck serving GREAT bbq may set up between the interstate and Carthage, that would be the best place to get dinner !!!!  Of there's the Rose Garden at the 273 exit, somewhat homecooking and good fish, great grilled cheeseburger  ..... 

Guest Termite

Good to see you back , what about the "ant" man did he defect with Maylord? :huh:

Ant man... You talking about Antwan??   I don't think he has any Cookietown ties. . I'm sure he will be around. Could be like the rest of us.....just waiting.