Wayne County vs Decatur County Riverside

wildcatpride70

If Wayne County fans are most excited about the defense they will be highly disappointed this year. Far as hitting and being physical, Riverside was most physical, better executed, and grinded Wayne County out. Far as overall coaching, Riverside was out coached, but Wayne County had too many mistakes. Seems that was the Cats game to win but couldn't take it. Also seemed like Riverside coach wasn't really worried about putting the game away since he put in their freshman qb for a whole series when the game could have been out of reach for the Cats if #3 Ward would have stayed in the game. I expect Riverside to have about the same year as last year and maybe better. Wayne County about the same as last year or worse! Good luck to both! BTW Riverside will get killed by Lexington next week! ha

I agree with some of your points, however, I don't understand why you think it was Wayne Co's game to win. They never led! Riverside was 13 points ahead with 2 minutes to play. Panthers dominated this one, margine could've been several more points if we'd gone for 2 each time. Missed 2 pat's and 2 fg, that's 8 more potential points. Great game Panthers! Yes, this week at Lexington will be different.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with some of your points, however, I don't understand why you think it was Wayne Co's game to win. They never led! Riverside was 13 points ahead with 2 minutes to play. Panthers dominated this one, margine could've been several more points if we'd gone for 2 each time. Missed 2 pat's and 2 fg, that's 8 more potential points. Great game Panthers! Yes, this week at Lexington will be different.

Riverside had some missed opportunities but WC fumble and interception in the end zone took what probably would have been two scores off the board.

Riverside never trailed and they played pretty well most of the night, but they definitely didn't dominate anything. It was a tight game throughout, and WC had plenty of chances to win.  The score was 19 to 14 with about 4.5 minutes left in the game. WC had a chance to go ahead at the end of the 3rd quarter, but the ball bounced off our receiver in the endzone and was intercepted for a touchback.  Throughout the game, we had 4 or 5 turnovers - and we still stayed in the game until the very end. Right after Riverside scored with about 4:30 left in the 4th quarter, WC marched down and replied with a touchdown in less than 2 minutes.  The fact that they never could put WC away after jumping to a nice 1st half lead, combined with all of WC's mistakes,  should alarm any Riverside fan.

If Wayne County fans are most excited about the defense they will be highly disappointed this year. Far as hitting and being physical, Riverside was most physical, better executed, and grinded Wayne County out. Far as overall coaching, Riverside was out coached, but Wayne County had too many mistakes. Seems that was the Cats game to win but couldn't take it. Also seemed like Riverside coach wasn't really worried about putting the game away since he put in their freshman qb for a whole series when the game could have been out of reach for the Cats if #3 Ward would have stayed in the game. I expect Riverside to have about the same year as last year and maybe better. Wayne County about the same as last year or worse! Good luck to both! BTW Riverside will get killed by Lexington next week! ha

I disagree with your statements. I believe just the opposite. I think the wildcats have more natural talent than our Panthers but were not as well disciplined or coached. Wildcats were definitely faster. Both teams will improve as the season goes. Good luck to the Wildcats. Good hard fought game. By the way both the Panthers and wildcats could beat Lexington this year. Best Wishes Wildcats! I enjoyed your stadium and the game.

I disagree with your statements. I believe just the opposite. I think the wildcats have more natural talent than our Panthers but were not as well disciplined or coached. Wildcats were definitely faster. Both teams will improve as the season goes. Good luck to the Wildcats. Good hard fought game. By the way both the Panthers and wildcats could beat Lexington this year. Best Wishes Wildcats! I enjoyed your stadium and the game.

Good luck to y'all the rest of the season also. Riverside line played a really good game and are better than I thought and if the coaches can get their tempers controlled a little better they will do great things. Can't wait to come to Decatur next year and do it again. Once again good luck, I think y'all will have an outstanding season!

Good luck to y'all the rest of the season also. Riverside line played a really good game and are better than I thought and if the coaches can get their tempers controlled a little better they will do great things. Can't wait to come to Decatur next year and do it again. Once again good luck, I think y'all will have an outstanding season!

You are right. I was disappointed in the tempers flaring.

Were you at the WC & Riverside game? Because if you were you must have been alittle tipsy or something because WC was not dominated until the very end of the game! Riverside's last scoring drive they just ran right at us and we couldnt stop them at that point!  I give Riverside credit they won fair and square! Good luck to them!

I agree with some of your points, however, I don't understand why you think it was Wayne Co's game to win. They never led! Riverside was 13 points ahead with 2 minutes to play. Panthers dominated this one, margine could've been several more points if we'd gone for 2 each time. Missed 2 pat's and 2 fg, that's 8 more potential points. Great game Panthers! Yes, this week at Lexington will be differerent!

I am just saying if Wayne County had taken the lead when it was 19-14 I don't think Riverside would have won. It wasn't domination because as a Panther fan myself, I was worried. If I am worried, it isn't domination. Riverside lucked up with key turnovers by Wayne County.

Were you at the WC & Riverside game? Because if you were you must have been alittle tipsy or something because WC was not dominated until the very end of the game! Riverside's last scoring drive they just ran right at us and we couldnt stop them at that point!  I give Riverside credit they won fair and square! Good luck to them!

If you got domination out of my statement, I apologize. Far as hitting, and having less turnovers Riverside was better. In no way did Riverside dominate! Those skinny little boys yall have sure can run! Cleary if teams have guys that can get around the edge Riverside will struggle!

Check the stats, and the score. We wouldn't have needed the interception in the end zone if the ref right next to the play had made the right call. The only reason WC had the ball at that time was, we fummbled after being on the ground. The ground can't cause a fumble, a fact lost on the ref nearest our sideline.We were driving at that time as well. Ward knocked defenders down all night with the stiff arm, we were much more physical all night and led the entire game. I'm not saying we're great, but from my perspective we were much better than WC.