Wayne County vs Decatur County Riverside

wildcatpride70

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got to go to the game tonight for probably the only time this season.  WC looked a lot better than last year, despite the loss.  We just made too many mistakes to win, rather than not being good enough to get it done.  The schedule's pretty tough, so we might struggle to make the playoffs again this year and the win-loss record might not reflect how much we've improved, but I'm confident about the future. I was always skeptical when people told me the youngest Rice brother would be better than Tyler or Austin.  I believe them now.  Like any freshman, he made a few mistakes, but I've never seen a freshman deliver the ball like him in the air - I've never even heard of anyone like that around here. I'm not really sure why he's splitting time on the field, but since he's the coach's son, I assume Coach Rice knows what he's doing. Regardless, I think the future is very bright with him behind center.

Well played game by Riverside. Both teams played hard and fought it out to the end, very good qb for Riverside. Good luck in the rest of y'all's season.

I would like to say to these young men of this  WC team, keep your heads up and eyes forward there are better days ahead for you! Dont let this bump in the road mess up your  ultimate goal , keep playing hard and i believe you can and will succeed!  " GO Cats"

If Wayne County fans are most excited about the defense they will be highly disappointed this year. Far as hitting and being physical, Riverside was most physical, better executed, and grinded Wayne County out. Far as overall coaching, Riverside was out coached, but Wayne County had too many mistakes. Seems that was the Cats game to win but couldn't take it. Also seemed like Riverside coach wasn't really worried about putting the game away since he put in their freshman qb for a whole series when the game could have been out of reach for the Cats if #3 Ward would have stayed in the game. I expect Riverside to have about the same year as last year and maybe better. Wayne County about the same as last year or worse! Good luck to both! BTW Riverside will get killed by Lexington next week! ha