ChattieBoogie 10

MVM

Eagle...Notre Dame lost in Semis in 2011, it was the 2010 season that they were State Champs...There is only one senior this year actually(So she would have been a freshman that championship year)....These juniors this season got a taste of Semi Finals in 2011 versus CPA, and barely a glimpse into state rounds last season (thanks to White House, dang it)

Also, ND beat East Ham in preseason 1-0 (I know, I know..preseason, but gotta throw it out there...)..and most recently this past weekend, ND tied Arlington 1-1, but EH lost 2-0 to them...ND pulls off a decisive win 4-0 over Germantown, but EH only won 3-2...so certainly, ND should be ranked over East Hamilton IMO..

D

Champ; I be thinking EagleEye was tossing his Irish comments bout all those young gals being on the Dean Wilson's ERFC 2011 Championship team. Possibly! And Eagle, those Green glasses has you fogged over :geek: .....EH in front of the Irish by 2 after seeing the pre-season and Baylor Tournament results. Booger will give you a do-over :blink:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champ; I be thinking EagleEye was tossing his Irish comments bout all those young gals being on the Dean Wilson's ERFC 2011 Championship team. Possibly! And Eagle, those Green glasses has you fogged over :geek: .....EH in front of the Irish by 2 after seeing the pre-season and Baylor Tournament results. Booger will give you a do-over :blink:

A-HA B)

Champ/Booger,

Good arguments regarding ND ranking over EH and probably need to use my mulligan.  Looking forward to see the result of the ND - CAK game today.  A win would be a no brainer to catapult ND to a #3 or even #2 spot.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

May the road rise up to meet you...and the Lord bless you.

Champ/Booger,

Good arguments regarding ND ranking over EH and probably need to use my mulligan.  Looking forward to see the result of the ND - CAK game today.  A win would be a no brainer to catapult ND to a #3 or even #2 spot.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

May the road rise up to meet you...and the Lord bless you.

Humbleness - "A great man is always willing to be little" Ralph Waldo Emerson :)

I can't wait to hear of the CAK outcome myself.....from what I can tell from afar; the girls are playing OK; but just have not found their wheels yet against these Bigger Schools......Depending a lot on Champ, Cannon and other Green/Gold faithful for status reports......Booger sure does miss seeing Boogerette and her Lady Irish play.

Humbleness - "A great man is always willing to be little" Ralph Waldo Emerson :)

I can't wait to hear of the CAK outcome myself.....from what I can tell from afar; the girls are playing OK; but just have not found their wheels yet against these Bigger Schools......Depending a lot on Champ, Cannon and other Green/Gold faithful for status reports......Booger sure does miss seeing Boogerette and her Lady Irish play.

May have to get a report from someone other than me this weekend..too busy to travel to K -ville and have the little Champs in from U of Alabama and U of Tennessee home for the weekend...

D

• 2 weeks later...

Well with much lack of knowledge and all the rain outs this Top 10 is some what Shakey at best. But, It should give us a good starting point.

And Here We Go.....

1..GPS, far and away

2..Baylor, Good team, Good coaching, but don't have the horses of GPS. 

3..Fighting Leuphercauns, Haven't seen them. Guessing???

4..McMinn Co., Really good skill this year. Can they handle success??

5..Trojans, Hmmmm

6..East Hamilton, Welcome to AAA

7..CCS, Got some work to do, but they know how to be successful

8..Signal Mtn, Just because the Irish fans hate seeing them ranked. :mrgreen:

9..Grace, Phyical

10..Cleveland, Gotta start somewhere, Coach Byrd always gets alot out of his teams.

Overall not a bad start, now that I have it written down. If I've left your team out then tell me who they are and why they should join The "ChattieBoogie 10"

I have now seen all these teams play except McMinn, but here goes my Top 10.

1) GPS - There is no team within 90 miles of GPS that can compete with them unless they have a really bad day.

2) Notre Dame - Though this team lost 7 seniors, and only have 1 senior currently, they look more cohesive than last year. Normally, it takes Coach Jim until playoff time to get the girls popping on all cylinders.

3) Baylor - 9 players are 8th or 9th graders. They beat ND last night 1-0, but the score was not indicative of the play. ND had many more opportunities and if these teams met on a neutral field in the playoffs, ND would win 3-0.

4) Grace - 10 returning starters have them playing smoothly. I will see them again soon.

5) Cleveland - I would have McMinn here except I haven't seen them so Cleveland gets the nod.

6) McMinn

7) Soddy Daisy - I'm just happy I get see another Lantner play for another 4 years.

8) CCS - Unfortunately, i think we are in a down year overall for Chattanooga soccer, and CCS is indicative of that. Though they have plenty of senior leadership, they have a hard time once the ball gets to the 18. Last night, they struggled to a 3-1 victory over Hixson.

9) East Hamilton - EH is lucky to have one the best coaches in the state. They will outperform their ability this year as a result.

10) Hixson - I could put any number of teams here but the Hixson goal last night against CCS was absolutely slammed home from 22 out. It was beautiful.

Edited by ChattanoogaCannon

McMinn is still 2 or 3 but they gotta work out some recent formation issues to stay there..😡?!?!?!😕

I have now seen all these teams play except McMinn, but here goes my Top 10.

1) GPS - There is no team within 90 miles of GPS that can compete with them unless they have a really bad day.

2) Notre Dame - Though this team lost 7 seniors, and only have 1 senior currently, they look more cohesive than last year. Normally, it takes Coach Jim until playoff time to get the girls popping on all cylinders.

3) Baylor - 9 players are 8th or 9th graders. They beat ND last night 1-0, but the score was not indicative of the play. ND had many more opportunities and if these teams met on a neutral field in the playoffs, ND would win 3-0.

4) Grace - 10 returning starters have them playing smoothly. I will see them again soon.

5) Cleveland - I would have McMinn here except I haven't seen them so Cleveland gets the nod.

6) McMinn

7) Soddy Daisy - I'm just happy I get see another Lantner play for another 4 years.

8) CCS - Unfortunately, i think we are in a down year overall for Chattanooga soccer, and CCS is indicative of that. Though they have plenty of senior leadership, they have a hard time once the ball gets to the 18. Last night, they struggled to a 3-1 victory over Hixson.

9) East Hamilton - EH is lucky to have one the best coaches in the state. They will outperform their ability this year as a result.

10) Hixson - I could put any number of teams here but the Hixson goal last night against CCS was absolutely slammed home from 22 out. It was beautiful.

Okay.  I will weigh in.  A few people on these boards have brought up club players/teams into high-school soccer discussion (it is difficult not to do so) and targeted Chattanooga.  It is true.  Club soccer is a mess in Chattanooga, period.  And for that reason, it matters less today (compared to several years ago) how many club players a team has. 

1) GPS - pace kills.  Not a great soccer team.  But certainly a very athletic team.  Speed kills, period.

2) Baylor - talent is down.  But good coaching has them organized and making the most of what they have on the field.

3) McMinn County - enough athletes to make some noise in their region if they get organized.  Need direction. 

4) Notre Dame - Well coached.  Not much talent.  But making the most of it.

5) East Hamilton - See ND comments.  Solid coaching has them playing better than they really are, especially with the injuries and lack of depth.

6) Cleveland - Yes, I have seen their results.  But after seeing them play - not impressed.

7) CCS - It is clearly a down year.  Fortunately, all of Chattanooga soccer is down too.

8) Grace - They need to put some significant games in the schedule.  

Those are the only teams worth putting on the radar.

At the end of the day I have this to say:  Chattanooga soccer is significantly down.  They need to get it together sooner rather than later.