ChattieBoogie 10

MVM

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.  I will weigh in.  A few people on these boards have brought up club players/teams into high-school soccer discussion (it is difficult not to do so) and targeted Chattanooga.  It is true.  Club soccer is a mess in Chattanooga, period.  And for that reason, it matters less today (compared to several years ago) how many club players a team has. 

1) GPS - pace kills.  Not a great soccer team.  But certainly a very athletic team.  Speed kills, period.

2) Baylor - talent is down.  But good coaching has them organized and making the most of what they have on the field.

3) McMinn County - enough athletes to make some noise in their region if they get organized.  Need direction. 

4) Notre Dame - Well coached.  Not much talent.  But making the most of it.

5) East Hamilton - See ND comments.  Solid coaching has them playing better than they really are, especially with the injuries and lack of depth.

6) Cleveland - Yes, I have seen their results.  But after seeing them play - not impressed.

7) CCS - It is clearly a down year.  Fortunately, all of Chattanooga soccer is down too.

8) Grace - They need to put some significant games in the schedule.  

Those are the only teams worth putting on the radar.

At the end of the day I have this to say:  Chattanooga soccer is significantly down.  They need to get it together sooner rather than later.

uhm; your ability to assess talent with the comments on #4 forces me to scratchum me noggin.....I believe me once read a wise man said something about wait til they get on all cylinders :twisted:

uhm; your ability to assess talent with the comments on #4 forces me to scratchum me noggin.....I believe me once read a wise man said something about wait til they get on all cylinders :twisted:

I appreciate loyalty (yours appears to be to Notre Dame).  But it is apparently clear that you and I have differing opinions on what high-level soccer looks like.  I am fine with that.  I stand by my comments.  I have seen talented players, just not lately in Chattanooga.

There are a handful of players who are impressive in middle TN and I am not as familiar as I would like to be with west TN or NE TN.  I do hope that the level of talent picks back up in Chattanooga.  It used to be much stronger.

Edited by britishbulldawg

I appreciate loyalty (yours appears to be to Notre Dame).  But it is apparently clear that you and I have differing opinions on what high-level soccer looks like.  I am fine with that.  I stand by my comments.  I have seen talented players, just not lately in Chattanooga.

There are a handful of players who are impressive in middle TN and I am not as familiar as I would like to be with west TN or NE TN.  I do hope that the level of talent picks back up in Chattanooga.  It used to be much stronger.t

I'm still glad you have come to the boards Britishbulldog....hopefully you can find a place here that will allow you to hang around a while......if you happen to be from the public sector, Booger hopes us Private School Bullies (as some :angry: with very thin skin call us, hint...hint) wearing Bias colored glasses :mrgreen: can find another soccer fan.....its all about soccer 

A formation issue as you quoted me on does not belong in the same conversation as the other. That post was extreme and up to now no one has commented on it for that reason. As far as your question. Great coachs bring out the best in there teams and inspire them to do the best they can. If McMinns coach does that, then the rest should fall in place. Welcome to CoachT

quote name="Seattlefan" post="3021101" timestamp="1379911232"]

I am a little confused on the formation and coaching issues, since the Bearden soccer tournament when the formation was changed McMnn hasn't been scored on (since the Cleveland game goal has been overturned) and there average goals scored/game has gone up and this is a great start to a season with a 7-1-2 record? And even though they have a new coach that is a pretty good record for a second year coach is it not?

A formation issue as you quoted me on does not belong in the same conversation as the other. That post was extreme and up to now no one has commented on it for that reason. As far as your question. Great coachs bring out the best in there teams and inspire them to do the best they can. If McMinns coach does that, then the rest should fall in place. Welcome to CoachT

quote name="Seattlefan" post="3021101" timestamp="1379911232"]

I am a little confused on the formation and coaching issues, since the Bearden soccer tournament when the formation was changed McMnn hasn't been scored on (since the Cleveland game goal has been overturned) and there average goals scored/game has gone up and this is a great start to a season with a 7-1-2 record? And even though they have a new coach that is a pretty good record for a second year coach is it not?

I recognize they weren't part of the same conversation I was just wondering about the criticisms as a whole with the record they have sorry if you think I lumped you in just wondering

It would not be appropriate for me to discuss those things on here. However it is appropriate of me to not agree with the formation and "game plan" or "kick ball" type game that they played vs Cleveland. I am happy that McMinn got the nod based on OT rules but I think many people were disappointed and surprised to be in any kind of close game with cleveland. (No offense intended and no pun intended). This change was not normal in my observation and absolutely played to McMinns weakness. As long as a lesson is learned and not repeated great. McMinns time is now and time waits for no man or women.

I recognize they weren't part of the same conversation I was just wondering about the criticisms as a whole with the record they have sorry if you think I lumped you in just wondering