South Pitt vs Hixson (Moore man against that Fitzgerald man)

Roy Dillard

I'm kinda glad we wound up having to play a Kentucky team.  It just widened our circle.  Think about it guys.  How many teams around here are dreaded in as big an area as we are?  Teams up to 200 miles in any direction avoid us if at all possible.  Our only "sure" games every year are District games....and I'm sure if they could get out of playing us they would.  Now comes Hixson....they'll get our best and discover, like everyone else, we are more than a football team....we are the MIGHTY PIRATES!!!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way Tim (coach Moore) has taken control of the team as a head coach should.Discipline is Key for Greatness.Players should learn this and use it to their advantage on the field.Roy is mad they made a player sit but it was the correct call.I wish Moore would have them to quit celebrating after touchdowns and big plays.Celebrate after the final whistle has been blown as a TEAM not as a individual after a single play.Just my thoughts

Grundy wanted to stop playing us i heard. thats why we are playing them up there again this year. i wish we could play ider or pisgah mAybe even fyffe

Geno, I was talking to this man Saturday night at Ronnies red eye and he told me that Bryant man did not want to play us because Grider always run the durn score up on everyone.  This Moore man needs to not run the durn score up like Grider used to.  That would just make the other coach real mad.  You think im joking but im not.

Hixson will have something to prove in this game. They were picked unanimously to beat Soddy Daisy so a win against SP will restore a little confidence. For a team that returns 18 of 22 starters and picked to win District 6-AA, a loss would do more harm than help!!

This game is important to SP.  The past 3 playoffs they have had 3 home games out of 13.  The still posted a gold ball, silver ball and lost by 1 pt in the 3rd round to the eventual state champion 14-13.  This came has the potential to effect their playoff seeding.  1a is impacted more than other brackets. 

Hey coach T friends I finally found my way back on here. Looking forward to the game this week since i couldn't make it to KY last week. I believe we have our first game jitters out of the way and the coaches will be in sync more this week so I'm looking forward to the Pirate machine to get Really Cranked up this week. Hope we have a good crowd.