District 3AAA Picks

ET1979

I've already seem the Pyke/Chapman Match up and I'm a little partial to Pyke I know...but I think Pyke has experience behind him...Pyke doesn't have a belly either...it will be a great match up but I can tell you they won't line up on each other..Chapman is nose guard correct?

I know you're partial to Pyke.....I'm a Pyke fan too. But I think Chapman is stronger and faster. You are correct...I don't believe they'll line up against each other. I just like the fact that two of the best linemen on the field that night actually came from Clinton. Good luck to both!!

Clinton 14 Halls7

Central21  Gibbs 28

CC 20  Powell 21

AC 42  OR 41

Clinton 28   Halls 10

Central 45   Gibbs 35

CC 28   Powell 17

AC   35   OR 31

If Thackerson does not play I see a lot of wildcat with Drake Powell. They Should be able to run on Halls. Halls D is not athletic.

Space really is not a Central Fan. I think this game is interesting. Gibbs is not nearly as big up front as OR, AC, or CC which gives Central Trouble. Their D has improved a little lately. The thing that separates them is speed and athleticism. If Central has all of their weapons then they will score a lot on this Gibbs team which is good because I do not know if Central will be able to stop the Triple Option. It is so hard to defend.

CC will beat Powell because it appears that they have not recovered from the loss of their two studs. If Powell wants to have any chance then they must tackle well. CC may not have the speed that some of the other teams have but their are athletic and tough. It takes a gang mentality to tackle those guys. They come to hit. I think the added excitement of a possible district title will be the extra motivation CC needs to stay out in front.

AC is the best running team in the district. OR ha the best front 7 that AC has seen. This will be interesting. I think the key to beating AC is to force them to throw. I know some AC fans may get upset but they cannot throw nearly as well as they could in the past. The QB is a great athlete playing QB. He throws it ok but I have not seen anything that would convince me that he could beat you with his arm. This is not a shot at the kid. Any team would love to have him, just saying that the weakest part of his game is passing. Unfortunately the weakest part of the OR D is the pass coverage. I think they get lost at times. I think they kind of have a bend but don't break mentality. Should be a great game. Just think ultimately that AC has enough of a passing game to get it done because you have to pay so much attention to Fox and co in the backfield.

Clinton 28   Halls 10

Central 45   Gibbs 35

CC 28   Powell 17

AC   35   OR 31

If Thackerson does not play I see a lot of wildcat with Drake Powell. They Should be able to run on Halls. Halls D is not athletic.

Space really is not a Central Fan. I think this game is interesting. Gibbs is not nearly as big up front as OR, AC, or CC which gives Central Trouble. Their D has improved a little lately. The thing that separates them is speed and athleticism. If Central has all of their weapons then they will score a lot on this Gibbs team which is good because I do not know if Central will be able to stop the Triple Option. It is so hard to defend.

CC will beat Powell because it appears that they have not recovered from the loss of their two studs. If Powell wants to have any chance then they must tackle well. CC may not have the speed that some of the other teams have but their are athletic and tough. It takes a gang mentality to tackle those guys. They come to hit. I think the added excitement of a possible district title will be the extra motivation CC needs to stay out in front.

AC is the best running team in the district. OR ha the best front 7 that AC has seen. This will be interesting. I think the key to beating AC is to force them to throw. I know some AC fans may get upset but they cannot throw nearly as well as they could in the past. The QB is a great athlete playing QB. He throws it ok but I have not seen anything that would convince me that he could beat you with his arm. This is not a shot at the kid. Any team would love to have him, just saying that the weakest part of his game is passing. Unfortunately the weakest part of the OR D is the pass coverage. I think they get lost at times. I think they kind of have a bend but don't break mentality. Should be a great game. Just think ultimately that AC has enough of a passing game to get it done because you have to pay so much attention to Fox and co in the backfield.

I agree with then Central game being high scoring I just thinkk Gibbs will pull this one out