District 3AAA Picks

ET1979

That is fine I see this one going either way That triple option is hard to handle. Just curious why you think Gibbs pulls it out?

Gibbs does not have a strong line, but here are some interesting things about them:

Vs. CC Gibbs managed to score 28 pts, which with their offense is pretty impressive given they are a run heavy team and outmanned up front.  They also Held CC to 17 yards rushing for the game and CC was only able to run 36 plays, 12 plays below their season average.

Vs. AC Gibbs managed to hold AC to 7 first half points, no one else in the state has managed that to this point. and I would venture to say that they kept the ball for about 70% of the time in the first half eating the clock. 

Vs. Powell they scored 28 points in a 28-14 point win, I know Powell is having problems, but for the most part it is still the same Defense.

Vs. OR they scored 28 points, granted they lost by 29 so some of those may have been garbage points, I do not know, I was not there.

Vs. and Undefeated Carter team they scored 48 points to lose by 6

The point I am making is that Gibbs offense has the ability to not only move the ball and get some points, but also to keep it away from the opponent.  The Gibbs coaching staff I think is pretty good in realizing that their best Defense is their offense and they milk it for what they can.  They are a pretty disciplined team with their alignments and responsibilities, so if they are able to do the same against a Central team which I do not think has as good of a line as OR, CC, AC or Powell I think they pull this one off

Gibbs does not have a strong line, but here are some interesting things about them:

Vs. CC Gibbs managed to score 28 pts, which with their offense is pretty impressive given they are a run heavy team and outmanned up front.  They also Held CC to 17 yards rushing for the game and CC was only able to run 36 plays, 12 plays below their season average.

Vs. AC Gibbs managed to hold AC to 7 first half points, no one else in the state has managed that to this point. and I would venture to say that they kept the ball for about 70% of the time in the first half eating the clock. 

Vs. Powell they scored 28 points in a 28-14 point win, I know Powell is having problems, but for the most part it is still the same Defense.

Vs. OR they scored 28 points, granted they lost by 29 so some of those may have been garbage points, I do not know, I was not there.

The point I am making is that Gibbs offense has the ability to not only move the ball and get some points, but also to keep it away from the opponent.  The Gibbs coaching staff I think is pretty good in realizing that their best Defense is their offense and they milk it for what they can.  They are a pretty disciplined team with their alignments and responsibilities, so if they are able to do the same against a Central team which I do not think has as good of a line as OR, CC, AC or Powell I think they pull this one off

14 against OR were garbage points

I know how difficult that offense is to stop. I also know they do a good job limiting possessions. Was just asking what others thought about the game. Wanted more than the score. I love that offense because even if you defend it perfectly it can really bite you.

clinton 28 halls 14       gibbs 35  central28      CC 35  powell 14      OR 28 AC 21

Should just go ahead and say CC District champs!!! Thats if you are correct. Do you really think that will be the AC score or are you just hope?

Edited by Space3

Should just go ahead and say CC District champs!!! Thats if you are correct. Do you really think that will be the AC score or are you just hoping?

you want catch me saying that im not like the AC faithful. LOL and yes OR can beat AC you know and i know AC has lost alot of games they should have won in the past and you all even lost one this year to powell you should have won "in my opinion" i dont really want to get into the coaching thing again but you know how i feel about that .. and that is the reason im taking OR in this one . but if you do get by OR i feel they will let you down before you get to the big dance... Sad thing is AC has the talent to go all the way ....... just my opinion.............

you want catch me saying that im not like the AC faithful. LOL and yes OR can beat AC you know and i know AC has lost alot of games they should have won in the past and you all even lost one this year to powell you should have won "in my opinion" i dont really want to get into the coaching thing again but you know how i feel about that .. and that is the reason im taking OR in this one . but if you do get by OR i feel they will let you down before you get to the big dance... Sad thing is AC has the talent to go all the way ....... just my opinion.............

Truth is Hog we go back and forth alot but I dont know you or what happen at AC. But I just hate you feel this way about AC now. Your boys are good kids and I hate your youngest is at CC now. AC could have used him!!! Anyway goodluck with Powell Friday. My new score is CC 35 Powell 14 .....lol

Truth is Hog we go back and forth alot but I dont know you or what happen at AC. But I just hate you feel this way about AC now. Your boys are good kids and I hate your youngest is at CC now. AC could have used him!!! Anyway goodluck with Powell Friday. My new score is CC 35 Powell 14 .....lol

thank you and good luck to the mavs.they have a good bunch of kids over there.

Clinton 28 Halls 10

Central 45 Gibbs 35

CC 28 Powell 17

AC 35 OR 31

If Thackerson does not play I see a lot of wildcat with Drake Powell. They Should be able to run on Halls. Halls D is not athletic.

Space really is not a Central Fan. I think this game is interesting. Gibbs is not nearly as big up front as OR, AC, or CC which gives Central Trouble. Their D has improved a little lately. The thing that separates them is speed and athleticism. If Central has all of their weapons then they will score a lot on this Gibbs team which is good because I do not know if Central will be able to stop the Triple Option. It is so hard to defend.

CC will beat Powell because it appears that they have not recovered from the loss of their two studs. If Powell wants to have any chance then they must tackle well. CC may not have the speed that some of the other teams have but their are athletic and tough. It takes a gang mentality to tackle those guys. They come to hit. I think the added excitement of a possible district title will be the extra motivation CC needs to stay out in front.

AC is the best running team in the district. OR ha the best front 7 that AC has seen. This will be interesting. I think the key to beating AC is to force them to throw. I know some AC fans may get upset but they cannot throw nearly as well as they could in the past. The QB is a great athlete playing QB. He throws it ok but I have not seen anything that would convince me that he could beat you with his arm. This is not a shot at the kid. Any team would love to have him, just saying that the weakest part of his game is passing. Unfortunately the weakest part of the OR D is the pass coverage. I think they get lost at times. I think they kind of have a bend but don't break mentality. Should be a great game. Just think ultimately that AC has enough of a passing game to get it done because you have to pay so much attention to Fox and co in the backfield.

Thackerson has been cleared to play.