Beech-Henry County

mondo44

I don't know, but Beech is one coaching staff that I won't question. Keep in mind, they didn't have much experience coming into the season. They lost 15 or so starters from last year. Not uncommon at all for the best athletes to be playing both ways.

I agree.. Beech has done more with less than any team in our district..

I was at the game. I tell you this... Henry County is a class act. Nicest coaching staff I have dealt with to this date. The coaches, team, doctors, trainers, even bus drivers all class act. I believe Beech just played the 5 a state champs for 2013

After last night, that is a good argument, I said b/4 that the way they played last night I am not sure Beech wins w/ Hurd (I dont think so), but the games still have to played which will make it very interesting.....

You're absolutely correct. 

Congrats to Henry Co, but the reality of it is, they're really not that good. I'm honestly not trying to take anything away from the win, but other than their defensive line, there was nothing impressive about these guys all night. J Hurd would have not ran for 451 yards again and might have struggled going up the middle some, but once he got to the second level or around the outside, no one would have stopped him. He would have converted on all those HC fumbles, and with him back at safety, he also would have not allowed all those scores too. 

D Carter stepped in a tough spot. He's never been the guy that gets keyed in on, but he definitely got a taste of it last night with only 43 yards on 21 carries. Beech has a long way to go if they intend on winning any games against decent teams this year. I hope the Bucs can regroup and get a better game plan together going forward. 

You're right. 400 yards of total offense (300+ rushing) just ain't gonna cut it.

You're right. 400 yards of total offense (300+ rushing) just ain't gonna cut it.

And with HC's easy schedule, I expect that to continue. Doubtful that you all will face a real defense until the playoffs. Congrats, and I hope to see the Patriots continue a great run. I was just not blown away by this years team - I'm probably just very partial to the HC team from 2 years ago. In my mind, that's what a dominant 5A team looks like.

And with HC's easy schedule, I expect that to continue. Doubtful that you all will face a real defense until the playoffs. Congrats, and I hope to see the Patriots continue a great run. I was just not blown away by this years team - I'm probably just very partial to the HC team from 2 years ago. In my mind, that's what a dominant 5A team looks like.

No, you aren't partial. 

You are just trying to minimize a good win by an outstanding team.  I've read dozens of your posts.  You are particularly knowledgeable about high school football, especially 5A, and would not have overlooked the attributes of this team.  And certainly you wouldn't consider a schedule that includes 3 ranked teams in the first 4 games easy.  Not sure what point you are trying to make, but you aren't convincing anyone that you believe what you are saying.

No, you aren't partial.

You are just trying to minimize a good win by an outstanding team. I've read dozens of your posts. You are particularly knowledgeable about high school football, especially 5A, and would not have overlooked the attributes of this team. And certainly you wouldn't consider a schedule that includes 3 ranked teams in the first 4 games easy. Not sure what point you are trying to make, but you aren't convincing anyone that you believe what you are saying.

HC has a great line, are well-coached, and are very disciplined, but they are far from an outstanding team. Write what you will. It really doesn't matter. You know as well as I do that Beech from last year and HC from the prior year were outstanding teams. This team may slide through, but to call them outstanding is a bit premature.

Funny as I find that before y'all played us, most of the HC faithful on this board were calling their own team slow, weak, etc. but now y'all are outstanding. Ha!

Edited by Vol74

HC has a great line, are well-coached, and are very disciplined, but they are far from an outstanding team. Write what you will. It really doesn't matter. You know as well as I do that Beech from last year and HC from the prior year were outstanding teams. This team may slide through, but to call them outstanding is a bit premature.

Funny as I find that before y'all played us, most of the HC faithful on this board were calling their own team slow, weak, etc. but now y'all are outstanding. Ha!

I never said we weren't slow and weak.

Just curious.  What weaknesses do you see in Henry County (what do we need to be outstanding in your opinion) and do you think they are reparable?

I think the potential is there for an outstanding year, but we can still get better. Little things like cleaning up the turnovers (I thought we had an otherwise excellent start, but those really gave Beech some momentum). And though it hasn't bitten us yet, we need to get the snapping issues we have on shotgun plays fixed or it could cost us down the road. It throws off the timing and increases the turnover risk. Aside from that, this is the kind of team that will only get better over the course of the season if they keep working hard and stay focused.

Ridgeway will be a huge test in a couple of weeks.

Edited by MSURacer

Was last week's (Sunday's) Beech team outstanding? Vol74 is there another team in 5A that has Henry County's depth at O-line or D-Line? ..or running back for that matter? Was/Is Station Camp outstanding? Was the atmosphere outstanding in your opinion? I've heard the Internet Streaming last night WAS outstanding...please clarify your definition of outstanding!!