5/6 regions 1A predictions

bleak1

Lazarus,

Well a lot of what you wrote seems true. They have played good competition and are a very good team. I will say the game is based on our defensive lineman. If we can get our D-line to step it up we will be able to handle Jo Byrns easily but if they are able to control the clock a lot then it could be a close game. I just don't see them shutting down our big plays we have too many weapons. Good luck to all region 6 teams and believe me if I am anywhere able to play I will. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bcscoach1

Dont really understand why you guys think Wayne Co. can play with CPA or Cascade can play with DCA. Region 5 gets 3 out of 4 wins. Collinwood is your lone winner. :) There is no way people can say region isnt the toughest 1a region in the state, week in and week out. Not that there arent other good teams but the competition is tougher every week in that region.

O.K. here's the break down of region 5 : Ezell 10-0 enough said.CPA only defeats to 1A,2A state champs and USJ. Most of their wins were against quality opponets. DCA defeats were by good teams, wins were over teams with losing records except Friendship Christian. Jo Byrns defeats by two good teams and one team at .500, all wins over teams with losing records.

Now region 6 : Collinwood 10-0 enough said. Cascade defeats by C'wood and C.A. a Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde team. Cascade got the Mr. Hyde. All wins over good teams except Mt. Pleasant and Cornersville. Wayne Co. defeats to real good teams, wins over good teams except for Mt. Pleasant and Cornersville. Forrest defeats were to real good teams and wins were over teams with losing records except for the Huntland win.

I know this is the playoffs so you can throw all of this stuff out of the window. But if you go by strength of schedule: It should look like this -

Ezell over Forrest

Collinwood over Jo Byrns

CPA over WAyne Co.

Cascade over DCA

Bcscoach1,

And I don't understand why you think Wayne Co and Cascade can't play with CPA and DCA. Is it because they are rural schools that you know nothing about? I assure you Coach Pack knows all he needs to know about Wayne Co. They had quite a battle last year in the first round. And, since you don't think Cascade can play with DCA, it is obvious you know nothing at all about Cascade. Go ask Gordonsville or South Pittsburg about them.

As far as the level of competition, Region 6 can hold its own with Region 5. I know, Ezell is the class of the state right now, but I doubt seriously that CPA, DCA, Jo Burns or FRA would have any better records than they do now if they had to play Huntland, Moore Co, Wayne Co, Collinwood, Forrest and Cascade on a yearly basis. I have news for you, just because these schools are in the rural areas of the mid-state does not mean that they don't have talent or that they cannot play with the big boys.

None of us know what will happen Friday night. Region 5 may win all 4; Region 6 might as well. More than likely, the regions will split just as they did last year and we will be seeing rematches of last year's second round games. I'll be at the Cascade-DCA matchup and I do know one thing for certain, regardless of who wins, DCA will know who Cascade is after the game and will have more respect for them than you do.

From a CPA perspective I want to assure everybody that they are taking Wayne County seriously and deservedly so. We know 6-1A is tough so nothing will be taken for granted.

Coack Pack is too good a coach to know that if you go into a game with no respect and are not mentally prepared for your opponents they are likely to burn you.

They get an automatic win because of the forfeit i thought? That would make them 10-0 since Clarksville Academy didnt give them enogh warning. I know it counts against their per game averages for offense like they played the game, and they ended up 6-0 in the region but it might have just counted for region games i dunno.

all id really like to add is that i feel the waynesbor cpa game and the dca cascade game are going to be real fun exciting close games.......recalling last years cpa collinwood game, cpa was a team with a very good line.....waynesboro has some quality linemen as well so i think this is a good matchup......cascade is an extremely good team and im not sure dca is going to be prepared for them......dont let the collinwood blowout fool you.....collinwood has explosive talent and their line has finally come together as a unit.....cascade was no match form them but i doubt dca has anywhere near the skill people collinwood has